Liverpool 0-1Aston Villa

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby damjan193 » Thu Sep 11, 2014 6:54 pm

SouthCoastShankly » Thu Sep 11, 2014 7:38 pm wrote:
damjan193 » Thu Sep 11, 2014 5:32 pm wrote:Sh*t, if Hendo got injured that would have been the end of us. Brendan has every right to be angry about all these injuries. Thankfully, Lallana is 100% fit so hopefully he can replace Allen if needed.

It also shows how shrewd out transfer policy was this summer.

Opting to invest in adding strength and depth to the squad as a whole instead of signing two big name players for the same money.

Yes exactly. I was saying that for the entire transfer window but some people just didn't want to hear it.
damjan193
LFC Super Member

Postby maguskwt » Fri Sep 12, 2014 1:34 pm

We are in abit of an injury crisis aren't we?
maguskwt
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby stmichael » Fri Sep 12, 2014 2:31 pm

Keep the diamond. 4-3-3 shouldn't be an option because it takes Sterling out of the middle of the pitch where he's most dangerous.

Balotelli               Sterling

Coutinho

Lallana                 Henderson

Gerrard

Moreno         Sakho       Lovren        Manquillo

Mignolet

Even with 5 players out injured that's easily as good a side as we had last season imo. Shows the depth we have now.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby damjan193 » Fri Sep 12, 2014 6:03 pm

If Allen is injured as well, I'd go with something like this:

Mignolet

Manquillo      Lovren      Sakho     Moreno

Gerrard
                             Hendo                  Lallana

Sterling                 Markovic
                                          Balloteli

Lots of new players there. They'll be either making their debut or playing their 2nd or 3nd game. Not that we have lots of choice though. The only thing I'm not certain about is whether to play Markovic or Coutinho. We have Lallana who should do a similar role to Coutinho though, so I'd rather we have Markovic who would be a problem for Villa's defenders with his pace.
damjan193
LFC Super Member

Postby The Good Yank » Fri Sep 12, 2014 7:24 pm

damjan193 » Fri Sep 12, 2014 12:03 pm wrote:If Allen is injured as well, I'd go with something like this:

Mignolet

Gerrard

Balloteli

Lots of new players there. They'll be either making their debut or playing their 2nd or 3nd game. Not that we have lots of choice though. The only thing I'm not certain about is whether to play Markovic or Coutinho. We have Lallana who should do a similar role to Coutinho though, so I'd rather we have Markovic who would be a problem for Villa's defenders with his pace.

Went and saw the Brazil game here in New Jersey the other night.  Coutinho looked gassed playing in the heat and humidity.  Then has to travel back across the pond.  Would be surprised to see him start.
s@int - 13 December 2009

I won't celebrate Rafa going........ but I will be over the moon if Dalglish comes in. League within 2 years if he gets the job, AND YOU CAN QUOTE ME ON THAT.
The Good Yank
LFC Super Member

Postby only me » Fri Sep 12, 2014 7:43 pm

damjan193 » Fri Sep 12, 2014 5:03 pm wrote:If Allen is injured as well, I'd go with something like this:

Mignolet

Gerrard

Balloteli

Good lineup would pick the same ,Little Coutinho far from impressive and settles for a passive role as of late ,would love to See what Marco and Lallana have to offer.
only me
LFC Super Member

Postby Pig Catcher » Fri Sep 12, 2014 10:59 pm

Injured: Johnson, Flanagan, Skrtel, Allen (major doubt), Can and Sturridge.

I’d play this and then bring in Gerrard, Allen and Coutinho for the Ludogorets game on Tuesday. Gerrard sometime labours through games when only having to play every weekend. I think he’s performance level will drop off dramatically if he plays twice in 4 days.

Mignolet

Manquillo     Lovren     Sakho     Moreno

Lucas     Henderson
                           Lallana

Sterling                      Markovic
                           Balotelli

Subs: Lambert, Borini, Coutinho, Gerrard, Enrique, Toure, Jones
Pig Catcher
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sat Sep 13, 2014 12:37 am

Pig Catcher » Fri Sep 12, 2014 9:59 pm wrote:Injured: Johnson, Flanagan, Skrtel, Allen (major doubt), Can and Sturridge.

I’d play this and then bring in Gerrard, Allen and Coutinho for the Ludogorets game on Tuesday. Gerrard sometime labours through games when only having to play every weekend. I think he’s performance level will drop off dramatically if he plays twice in 4 days.

Mignolet

Manquillo     Lovren     Sakho     Moreno

Lucas     Henderson
                           Lallana

Sterling                      Markovic
                           Balotelli

Subs: Lambert, Borini, Coutinho, Gerrard, Enrique, Toure, Jones

Interesting point about Gerrard, it will be intriguing to see how he copes with just the 2 clear days rest at 34.
The games start to come thick and fast now with both the CL and the league cup kicking in soon so I imagine we'll see Brendan use his squad more.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby damjan193 » Sat Sep 13, 2014 1:59 am

The Good Yank » Fri Sep 12, 2014 8:24 pm wrote:
damjan193 » Fri Sep 12, 2014 12:03 pm wrote:If Allen is injured as well, I'd go with something like this:

Mignolet

Gerrard

Balloteli

Went and saw the Brazil game here in New Jersey the other night.  Coutinho looked gassed playing in the heat and humidity.  Then has to travel back across the pond.  Would be surprised to see him start.

Good point. I think it's best he sits this one out. I would definitely start him against Ludogorets though.
damjan193
LFC Super Member

Postby red till i die!! » Sat Sep 13, 2014 4:23 pm

id prefer we put out our strongest line up today and secured the 3 points rather than rest players because of a pending fixture against some bulgarian side in a couple of days.
villa will give us twice the game than they will imo.
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby Santa » Sat Sep 13, 2014 4:41 pm

No Sterling today, Coutinho, Lallana & Markovic to start...let's see what Markovic is made of. First goal to Lallana today
Last edited by Santa on Sat Sep 13, 2014 4:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Never try to teach a pig to sing...

...it only waste your time, and annoys the pig
Santa
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby C-R » Sat Sep 13, 2014 4:41 pm

Confirmed #LFC team v @AVFCOfficial: Mignolet, Manquillo, Moreno, Lovren, Sakho, Gerrard, Henderson, Coutinho, Markovic, Lallana, Balotelli

Confirmed #LFC subs v @AVFCOfficial: Jones, Enrique, Lucas, Toure, Sterling, Lambert, Borini
C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Greavesie » Sat Sep 13, 2014 4:50 pm

Sterling is a surprise omission, I always thought Lallana was more a midfielder for Southampton than a wide left player but for us and England that seems to be where he touted all the time. Is that where he played at Southampton?

Markovic has me excited and his debut seems to be going under the radar due to Lallana
All round the fields of Anfield Road
Where once we watched the King Kenny play (and could he play!)
Stevie Heighway on the wing
We had dreams and songs to sing
'Bout the glory, round the Fields of Anfield Road

JFT 96 - Gone but never forgotten
YNWA 15/4/1989
God Bless You All
Greavesie

Postby 7_Kewell » Sat Sep 13, 2014 5:11 pm

Anyone got a link?
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby only me » Sat Sep 13, 2014 5:12 pm

Greavesie » Sat Sep 13, 2014 3:50 pm wrote:Sterling is a surprise omission, I always thought Lallana was more a midfielder for Southampton than a wide left player but for us and England that seems to be where he touted all the time. Is that where he played at Southampton?

Markovic has me excited and his debut seems to be going under the radar due to Lallana

Very interesting Lineup with our most technical MF out their (but can they score?). Guess Sterling is not starting due to the International duties. Hopefully we will not need him.
only me
LFC Super Member

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - Games