Liverpool v Man City, Community Shield – Sat 30 Jul/5pm

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Mon Aug 01, 2022 11:55 am

I know it was only the charity shield but I deffo think Saturdays game has gone some way to lifting the gloom which has hovered over the club since the end of last season.
How last season ended was a real sickener but everyone seems to have a spring in their step again.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby redshade » Mon Aug 01, 2022 4:15 pm

I agree it was nice little boost especially being against City.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby Tommy Smith » Mon Aug 01, 2022 4:22 pm

Good game and performance all players have played very well.

Good Luck lads.
Tommy Smith
LFC Member

Postby UvS xR4GEx » Mon Aug 01, 2022 4:32 pm

I think it was pretty evident City were very unfit and a few players looked to be carrying some "holiday weight". They've only had 2 pre-season friendlies, so I expected them to be off the pace.

I think they'll struggle without the pace of Sterling and Jesus opening up defences to create chances. Haaland looked a lonely figure upfront for them... grealish and Mahrez like about 5 touches before releasing the ball and Haaland wants the ball immediately so they're gonna have to adapt.

I thought we were brilliant first half..  but we started to get abit leggy as the game went on. The pen came at the perfect time for us, knocked the stuffing out of them.
UvS xR4GEx
LFC Guru Member

Postby Eagle » Mon Aug 01, 2022 5:20 pm

Doesn't mean a great deal in the grand scheme of things but you're right yakka it does help lift the mood in the moment and leading into the season. Also a nice feeling for the players and especially Nunez as goal scorers always benefit from getting off the mark. He was absolutely ecstatic. It also gives us another little edge over Fulham as they wouldn't have played a game of that intensity in pre-season so we will have shaken off more of the rust and should be a little sharper. We did fade in the 2nd half but we'll get stronger throughout August.
Eagle

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - Games