Community Shield: Liverpool vs Man City, Sun 4th Aug, 15:00

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby Santa » Sun Aug 04, 2019 5:12 pm

Couldn't be bothered...we outplayed them in the 2H and we can only move forward from here
Never try to teach a pig to sing...

...it only waste your time, and annoys the pig
Santa
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Santa » Sun Aug 04, 2019 5:14 pm

7_Kewell » Sun Aug 04, 2019 4:09 pm wrote:Game over.  Not that fussed...thought we played really well in the second half and looked really good for next Friday. 

I still think we need a new attacker as Origi will not be a long-term option if Salah, Mane or Bobby get injured.  But apart from that, we look ready for the new season.

I would take a gamble on Brewster than fielding Origi tbh...we will need some killer cutting edge in the final third and we didn't get them until midway thru the 2H

Santa
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby woof woof ! » Sun Aug 04, 2019 5:14 pm

The team stepped up in the 2nd half.

Pity that throughout the game Salah didn't have his scoring boots on, another day he could easily have tucked away two goals.   :(

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby 7_Kewell » Sun Aug 04, 2019 5:17 pm

woof woof ! » Sun Aug 04, 2019 4:14 pm wrote:The team stepped up in the 2nd half.

Pity that throughout the game Salah didn't have his scoring boots on, another day he could easily have tucked away two goals.   :(

I think he did brilliant, given he'd only previously played 30 mins of pre-season football.
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby parchpea » Sun Aug 04, 2019 5:24 pm

Thought we where the better side Bravo was the difference today Alisson not quite at it the same even on the pens.
parchpea
LFC Super Member

Postby Boocity » Sun Aug 04, 2019 5:37 pm

Vant believe Kyle Walker saying that growing up this trophy was the big one, what? The charity shield the big one! Meh
Boocity
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby only me » Sun Aug 04, 2019 5:45 pm

Mo hit the ball with his wig instead of his forehead...
only me
LFC Super Member

Postby Lallana in Pyjamas » Sun Aug 04, 2019 5:49 pm

Played well and showed this team is more than good enough to compete with City
Lallana in Pyjamas
LFC Super Member

Postby 7_Kewell » Sun Aug 04, 2019 6:00 pm

Liverpool manager Jurgen Klopp on BT Sport:

"Wow, it was a really good performance, a powerful one in the second half. Both teams had a similar pre-season, I spoke to Kevin de Bruyne after the game and we both said we don't really know where we are yet.

"The least we deserved was the equaliser, one save decided it and I cannot be disappointed today. The performance was much more important today than a win. We know we are still here, we can still play proper football.

"In the first half we could have adjusted better, but we had chances as well. In the second half we changed a few things, we wanted it and in the end it was a little bit lucky. Congratulations to City."
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sun Aug 04, 2019 7:56 pm

I was a bit concerned about how open we looked first half, we played with a high line and City were constantly getting in behind our fullbacks. The likes of Dortmund and Napoli targeted that area as well, teams have definitely noticed how high our fullbacks play and see it as a way of getting at us.
Thought we looked a lot more solid second half though particularly when Joe moved over to the right after big Joel came on. Joe used his pace to good effect and was playing pretty much as an auxiliary sweeper from the flank. Where in the first hour our high defensive line looked like a vulnerability all of a sudden we looked really solid again.
Re midfield I still think we should set up more aggressively, first half City had 2 AM's in MF, no Fernandinho to cover their @rses yet still bossed it, thought we looked a lot better when the likes of Keita and Lallana came on.
Thought Bobby looked sharp which was good to see as well, once we get Sadio back we'll look a lot more potent up front.
Just hope our front 3's lack of pre season doesn't come back to bite us on the @rse further down the road.
Last edited by ycsatbjywtbiastkamb on Sun Aug 04, 2019 9:05 pm, edited 2 times in total.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby red till i die!! » Sun Aug 04, 2019 8:55 pm

1st half was lacking but better in the 2nd. Could have got away with the win in the end from Mo's effort but just not today. A good run out all the same and looking in good shape for Friday.
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby UvS xR4GEx » Sun Aug 04, 2019 9:38 pm

I think when we play Fab/Hendo/Gini we have 3 stoppers and not much else. When Keita came on he was committing players and dragging them out of position.. City as a whole became more open and we were having more chances.

We can only play 2 of either Hendo/Fab/Gini/Hendo.. And then add either Naby/Ox to add something different going forward.
UvS xR4GEx
LFC Guru Member

Postby bunglemark2 » Sun Aug 04, 2019 11:34 pm

TAA had another mare today. Been cack all pre-season. Time to knuckle down sunshine and focus.
http://s2.tinypic.com/30ldif7_th.jpg
See yooo, Judas. Yoo're gettin' on mah titz !
bunglemark2

Postby Santa » Mon Aug 05, 2019 4:13 am

UvS xR4GEx » Sun Aug 04, 2019 8:38 pm wrote:...We can only play 2 of either Hendo/Fab/Gini/Hendo..

I suggest we play Hendo and Hendo...they have telepathy understanding and know each others game inside out  :D

Santa
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby UvS xR4GEx » Mon Aug 05, 2019 10:27 am

Santa » Mon Aug 05, 2019 4:13 am wrote:
UvS xR4GEx » Sun Aug 04, 2019 8:38 pm wrote:...We can only play 2 of either Hendo/Fab/Gini/Hendo..

I suggest we play Hendo and Hendo...they have telepathy understanding and know each others game inside out  :D
And that's why you shouldn't post when you've been out drinking all day :D

I meant Hendo/Fab/Gini/MILNER
UvS xR4GEx
LFC Guru Member

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - Games