Liverpool v Man City, Community Shield – Sat 30 Jul/5pm

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby woof woof ! » Sat Jul 30, 2022 5:56 pm

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sat Jul 30, 2022 4:43 pm wrote:City are starting to get on top here, we need to start stringing a few passes together, struggling to keep hold of the thing

Think we've taken our foot of the gas
But we're still looking good and composed.

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sat Jul 30, 2022 6:01 pm

Wonder if we’ll see Nunez come out for the second half.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby damjan193 » Sat Jul 30, 2022 6:08 pm

woof woof ! » Sat Jul 30, 2022 6:56 pm wrote:
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sat Jul 30, 2022 4:43 pm wrote:City are starting to get on top here, we need to start stringing a few passes together, struggling to keep hold of the thing

Think we've taken our foot of the gas
But we're still looking good and composed.

I'd much rather we slightly take our foot of the gas but make sure we take the result rather than go full throttle but end up losing at the end like we did most big matches last season, including the CL final.

I like what I've seen fron us in this game so far, more of the same hopefully in the second half.
damjan193
LFC Super Member

Postby crazyhorse » Sat Jul 30, 2022 6:18 pm

Darwin coming g on.
THIS IS ANFIELD
crazyhorse
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby crazyhorse » Sat Jul 30, 2022 6:39 pm

That goal was a foul on the keeper
THIS IS ANFIELD
crazyhorse
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Santa » Sat Jul 30, 2022 6:59 pm

They were talking about Darwin missing sitters...what about Haaland?
Never try to teach a pig to sing...

...it only waste your time, and annoys the pig
Santa
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Santa » Sat Jul 30, 2022 7:07 pm

Great start...now Jurgen have completed the entire set of cups/title with Liverpool
Never try to teach a pig to sing...

...it only waste your time, and annoys the pig
Santa
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sat Jul 30, 2022 7:26 pm

Must admit I like the look of Nunez, he’ll miss a few but his height, pace  and all round dynamism will cause teams no end of problems. Think he’ll be a hell of a signing tbh.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby kazza » Sat Jul 30, 2022 7:57 pm

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sat Jul 30, 2022 6:26 pm wrote:Must admit I like the look of Nunez, he’ll miss a few but his height, pace  and all round dynamism will cause teams no end of problems. Think he’ll be a hell of a signing tbh.

First time I actually watched him properly and I tend to agree. Big, strong and athletic and will bully defenders, something we haven’t really had (Origi maybe) under Klopp. He will certainly add another dimension and could well help against deep block teams with headers and generally causing mayhem inside the box. Glad he scored so the press don’t get on him and he can settle. I don’t see why he won’t score 20 goals in the Prem this season and with his age he should only improve.

I’m glad we beat City, anything to get in their heads. We have been a better team but they seem to have been getting better breaks, last year they got a number of “friendly” decisions that helped them to the title. We really need to stop them this year, three in a row has been difficult to achieve so hopefully we can win our 20th this year.
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sat Jul 30, 2022 9:58 pm

kazza » Sat Jul 30, 2022 6:57 pm wrote:
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sat Jul 30, 2022 6:26 pm wrote:Must admit I like the look of Nunez, he’ll miss a few but his height, pace  and all round dynamism will cause teams no end of problems. Think he’ll be a hell of a signing tbh.

First time I actually watched him properly and I tend to agree. Big, strong and athletic and will bully defenders, something we haven’t really had (Origi maybe) under Klopp. He will certainly add another dimension and could well help against deep block teams with headers and generally causing mayhem inside the box. Glad he scored so the press don’t get on him and he can settle. I don’t see why he won’t score 20 goals in the Prem this season and with his age he should only improve.

I’m glad we beat City, anything to get in their heads. We have been a better team but they seem to have been getting better breaks, last year they got a number of “friendly” decisions that helped them to the title. We really need to stop them this year, three in a row has been difficult to achieve so hopefully we can win our 20th this year.

Other than YouTube highlights of our friendlies out in Asia that’s the first time I’ve watched Nunez play too and  I have to say I’m impressed.
He reminds me a bit of Fernando Torres in the sense that he possesses that rare combination of height and pace and although he probably lacks Fernando’s technical ability Darwin seems to have a real dynamism and work ethic about him which will endear him to our fans like crazy. I can see him becoming a real cult hero.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby devaney » Sat Jul 30, 2022 10:04 pm

Great result. Salah looks like the Mo of old and took such a great penalty. Diaz was very sharp. Matip excellent. Virgil was Virgil !! Thiago, Fabinho and Hendo are just a brilliant midfield. Darwin Nunez was incredibly effective and took his goal well plus he was largely responsible for winning a penalty.Perhaps the most enjoyable moment was the very strange looking Harland missing an open goal from 2 yards !!  :laugh:
Net Spend Over The Last 5 Years (10 years
are in brackets)
LFC £255m (£467m)
Everton £38m (£287m)
Arsenal £645m6 (£925m)
Spurs £510m (£541m)
Chelsea £788m (£1007m)
Man City £307m (£1012m)
Man United £702m (£1249m)
devaney
LFC Super Member

Postby damjan193 » Sat Jul 30, 2022 10:51 pm

Great result before the season starts. It's only a preseason title but still nice to finally win it.

Happy that Nunez is quickly getting used to the way we play and getting more and more confident. At the end of the season it really might come down to who has a better debut season, him or Haaland.

Also, special mention to Adrian, he had some nervy moments, especially with the ball at his feet, but did pretty good overall.
damjan193
LFC Super Member

Postby redshade » Sun Jul 31, 2022 7:52 am

Nice one lads good way to begin the season after last seasons demoralising end. It was good to see City players faces all glum standing there at the end.

Nunez adds another dimension to our attack and will score many.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby kazza » Sun Jul 31, 2022 12:43 pm

damjan193 » Sat Jul 30, 2022 9:51 pm wrote:Great result before the season starts. It's only a preseason title but still nice to finally win it.

Happy that Nunez is quickly getting used to the way we play and getting more and more confident. At the end of the season it really might come down to who has a better debut season, him or Haaland.

Also, special mention to Adrian, he had some nervy moments, especially with the ball at his feet, but did pretty good overall.

Yes, thankfully Adrian didn’t do anything stupid  :D

Don’t blame him for the goal as he had both hands on it and it was kicked out of his hands. VAR took a look at the offside but clearly not the foul on the keeper, another VAR “grey area” situation where they cannot look at two things at once. Without the offside they probably would have had a look at it.
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Reg » Mon Aug 01, 2022 11:47 am

Absolutely thrilled that we beat City 3-1 and that everyone had a confidence inspiring run-out. What a perfect way to start the season.
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - Games