LIVERPOOL v glasgow rangers Tue 4th Oct 8.00pm

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Tue Oct 04, 2022 6:58 pm

Need to win this big time, I know we aren’t playing well atm but that could all change later on in the year when the knockout stages start.  Need to be still be in the CL to win it though. Both games against our opponents tonight are huge.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby UvS xR4GEx » Tue Oct 04, 2022 7:44 pm

4-2-3-1 formation with Jota, Nunez, Diaz and Salah all starting.

Rangers went with a back 5 thinking they could defend all game and try and steal a goal. Bet they're fuming.
UvS xR4GEx
LFC Guru Member

Postby red till i die!! » Tue Oct 04, 2022 7:53 pm

If we can't beat this lot then we may give up altogether!! Even though we aren't quite at the races ourselves we have far to much quality to not win this convincingly.
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby red till i die!! » Tue Oct 04, 2022 8:50 pm

We really should be at least 2 up.
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby damjan193 » Tue Oct 04, 2022 8:52 pm

1-0 HT, should have been more tbh. Their keeper made some good saves, but also thought Nunez' finishing wasn't that great on a few occacions. Happy that Trent scored that free-kick though, he needs a bit of confidence boost.
damjan193
LFC Super Member

Postby bunglemark2 » Tue Oct 04, 2022 9:53 pm

Shyte performance.
http://s2.tinypic.com/30ldif7_th.jpg
See yooo, Judas. Yoo're gettin' on mah titz !
bunglemark2

Postby redshade » Wed Oct 05, 2022 9:02 am

Positives we got 3 points and finished with a clean sheet. Rangers though were poor and didn't really give us a threat. Nunez shots were not clinical enough, straight to the keeper.
Also good to see Trent getting a goal, a bit of a confidence booster.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby UvS xR4GEx » Wed Oct 05, 2022 9:43 am

Nunez is like a kid playing his first match.. doing everything 100mph. He's got a simple 5 yard pass and he'll blast it at you.

On the plus side he made some very good runs in behind, and his positional was spot on most of the game. Most of his shots were on target aswell which is another plus.

He is very Raw, but there's loads of potential there.
UvS xR4GEx
LFC Guru Member

Postby kazza » Wed Oct 05, 2022 10:38 am

One thing that worried me was when that kid Fashion came on. Rangers were poor and put no pressure on us, but as Fashion came on with his speed and exuberance we suddenly looked pressured and made a couple of defensive mistakes. Klopp then made a couple of changes and it snuffed out any momentum they were going to get but for a couple of minutes with just a bit of energy we looked shaky (VVD). If we get pressed and pressured we now tend to panic.

We used to be the best pressing team in the world that out worked all teams, we were blue collar and underdogs. We are now getting out worked and we cannot handle it. It never came yesterday except for a couple of minutes, the signs were there however but once we play a team that plays hard pressing (what we used to do), we probably won’t be able to handle it with the team we have now.
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby kazza » Wed Oct 05, 2022 10:41 am

UvS xR4GEx » Wed Oct 05, 2022 8:43 am wrote:Nunez is like a kid playing his first match.. doing everything 100mph. He's got a simple 5 yard pass and he'll blast it at you.

On the plus side he made some very good runs in behind, and his positional was spot on most of the game. Most of his shots were on target aswell which is another plus.

He is very Raw, but there's loads of potential there.

I think he just needs to get in a groove and he’ll look unplayable, it’s clear by the way he is snatching at shots he needs confidence. As you said, he’s positional play was good and shots were on target, just missing composure which comes with confidence.
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Eagle » Wed Oct 05, 2022 11:49 am

I was thinking in the morning that we need a back to basics approach. The tactics this season with Trent ending up in the number 10 position alongside two of our midfielders just isn't working. There has been a feeling in recent times we have been too predicable and the top teams have found it easy to stop us scoring so I can understand why we have tried to evolve this year but it's not worked.

We certainly reverted to something less complicated against Rangers with two midfielders playing from behind the ball and the fullbacks operating in the channels. This gave us better shape and we looked less vulnerable. It suited Henderson better to sit in them middle as he can't get round the pitch like he used to and having more space and time on the ball allows him to use his passing range better.

Nunez caused them problems all night with his movement and his shots are almost always hit hard and on target but there is definitely some anxiety in his game coming from the fact he's had a slow start. You do get the feeling that a couple of goals will open up the floodgates as he's a chance magnet and he has strikers instincts.

Overall a fairly controlled and competent performance.
Eagle

Postby Reg » Wed Oct 05, 2022 12:08 pm

We still haven't replayed Souness. Playing Henderson in the middle because he's knackered is not the solution. We must dominate midfield to protect the defence and create opportunities for the attackers, it's the most important sector of the team. If we don't have a world class midfield we don't have a world class team.
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby devaney » Wed Oct 05, 2022 1:17 pm

Reg » Wed Oct 05, 2022 11:08 am wrote:We still haven't replayed Souness. Playing Henderson in the middle because he's knackered is not the solution. We must dominate midfield to protect the defence and create opportunities for the attackers, it's the most important sector of the team. If we don't have a world class midfield we don't have a world class team.

Alonso, Macherano and Gerrard come to mind !! OMG I’m depressing myself. Mind you even with them we still didn’t win the league.
Net Spend Over The Last 5 Years (10 years
are in brackets)
LFC £255m (£467m)
Everton £38m (£287m)
Arsenal £645m6 (£925m)
Spurs £510m (£541m)
Chelsea £788m (£1007m)
Man City £307m (£1012m)
Man United £702m (£1249m)
devaney
LFC Super Member

Postby devaney » Wed Oct 05, 2022 1:31 pm

Great goal by Trent. Just what he needed after a confidence sapping start to the season. Good work by Diaz to get the penalty and we’ll finished by Mo. Interesting change of tactics by JK which certainly produced some positive attacking football. The opposition however were distinctly pool. If we are to progress to the knockout stages of the CL we really can’t afford any slip ups especially as Napoli look nailed on to win the group. Mind you if we beat Napoli at Anfield everything could change !!
Net Spend Over The Last 5 Years (10 years
are in brackets)
LFC £255m (£467m)
Everton £38m (£287m)
Arsenal £645m6 (£925m)
Spurs £510m (£541m)
Chelsea £788m (£1007m)
Man City £307m (£1012m)
Man United £702m (£1249m)
devaney
LFC Super Member

Postby red till i die!! » Wed Oct 05, 2022 7:05 pm

Disappointed that we didn't put at least 5 past them given how poor they were. We had the chances but didn't take them.

Delighted for the win and takes us to 2nd in the group but we have got to sharpen up.
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Next

Return to Liverpool FC - Games