LIVERPOOL v crystal palace 18th Sept 3.00pm

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby devaney » Sat Sep 18, 2021 7:28 pm

Great win. What a player Salah is and great to see the SMILING Mané get his 100th goal. As for Keita’s goal and celebration I honestly don’t know which was better - great to see him score and hopefully it has lit the blue touch paper !!

Good to see Rafa’s Everton getting stuffed by Villa. Bet their sh1tty fans aren’t laughing about injuries now  :laugh:
Net Spend Over The Last 5 Years (10 years
are in brackets)
LFC £255m (£467m)
Everton £38m (£287m)
Arsenal £645m6 (£925m)
Spurs £510m (£541m)
Chelsea £788m (£1007m)
Man City £307m (£1012m)
Man United £702m (£1249m)
devaney
LFC Super Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sat Sep 18, 2021 7:45 pm

damjan193 » Sat Sep 18, 2021 4:34 pm wrote:Made it a little harder than it should have been but we still won with 3 goals and a clean sheet.

Thought Konate had a solid debut even though I felt he could have done better in a few situations. It's his debut though so he'll only get better.

Tsimkas really looks like he wants to challenge Robertson for that LB spot, he was great once again both in defence and going forward. Didn't have an assist but his crosses from the corners for the first two goals contributed greatly to us scoring them.

And finally Alisson, never does any flashy camera parades but his saves are always crucial. Definitely one of the best in the world.

All in all, a good win and City drawing against Soton is another plus, but I fear City won't be the only team we'll need to drop points this season.

Not the best week for City, first Guardiola puts his foot in it then he gets a bit tetchy with journalists who quiz him on his remarks and now to round the week off 2 valuable points dropped.
Long may it continue.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby red till i die!! » Sat Sep 18, 2021 9:58 pm

Fantastic result even though we sometimes make hard work of it.  The changes dont help but we have got to be using the squad.  Palace at home is the type of game we should be able to do it in as well and we will benefit in the long run. Past seasons when we needed to replace an injury we struggled because the replacement was only finding their feet.

MOTM goes to Ali for the saves. Delighted Mane got his ton along with Salah showing consistency. Keita getting on the scoresheet was a bonus so hopefully he gains a bit more confidence. Good game from tsimikas but fortunate he didnt give away a pen when he has his moreno moment.  :D

Anyway 5 games in and we are still unbeaten. Scoring 12 and only conceding 1  :nod  An almost perfect start which is as good as we could have hoped for !!.
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sun Sep 19, 2021 7:44 am

red till i die!! » Sat Sep 18, 2021 8:58 pm wrote:Fantastic result even though we sometimes make hard work of it.  The changes dont help but we have got to be using the squad.  Palace at home is the type of game we should be able to do it in as well and we will benefit in the long run. Past seasons when we needed to replace an injury we struggled because the replacement was only finding their feet.

MOTM goes to Ali for the saves. Delighted Mane got his ton along with Salah showing consistency. Keita getting on the scoresheet was a bonus so hopefully he gains a bit more confidence. Good game from tsimikas but fortunate he didnt give away a pen when he has his moreno moment.  :D

Anyway 5 games in and we are still unbeaten. Scoring 12 and only conceding 1  :nod  An almost perfect start which is as good as we could have hoped for !!.

Shame we couldn't break Chelsea down that second half when they were down to 10 men but apart from that we've done really well. Only listened to yesterday's game on the radio (and watched the highlights on MOTD) so not really in a position to comment about the performance but Palace beat Tottenham 3-0 last time out and drew 2-2 away against a West Ham side who were flying at the time before that so this game had potential banana skin written all over it, I know we rode our luck once or twice but to beat them 3-0 particularly after making 6 changes really was good going.
Dare I say it yesterday's result was the type of result titles are won on.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby Reg » Sun Sep 19, 2021 11:44 am

Another great win, the lads are really playing as a real team unit and looking very comfortable and confident playing together. Looks ominous!

Feck me, even Keita scored! No one looked more shocked than him.
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby redshade » Sun Sep 19, 2021 4:40 pm

Good win for us,glad to see Keita on the score sheet, also good to see Mane get the landmark out the way.

Jammy United win on the end, Moyes what a clown, great chance in end to equalise with a peno and screws it by subbing.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby Tommy Smith » Mon Sep 20, 2021 1:17 pm

It was a great win with a clean sheet, Alisson stars in the game along with Henderson, and sorry to see Thiago picked an injury.

Good Luck lads
Tommy Smith
LFC Member

Postby Reg » Tue Sep 21, 2021 3:59 pm

Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - Games