LIVERPOOL v Brentford Sat 6th May 5.30 pm

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sat May 06, 2023 2:40 pm

We have the chance to get to within a point of United  and apply some scoreboard pressure. Yes we know they’ve got a gazillion games in hand but until we are out of it mathematically we keep going.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby electrum » Sat May 06, 2023 5:02 pm

Liverpool team news

Liverpool: Alisson, Alexander-Arnold, Konate, Van Dijk, Robertson; Fabinho, Jones, Gakpo; Salah, Nunez, Jota.

Subs: Kelleher, Gomez, Milner, Henderson, Elliott, Tsimi4kas, Fiaz, Carvalho, Matip.

4 attacking players in the XI ..interesting to see how the actual formation works - maybe a double pivot and Gakpo ahead of the 2 in MF?
electrum
LFC Advanced Member

Postby red till i die!! » Sat May 06, 2023 5:04 pm

4,2,3,1 it looks like on paper.

Ali

Trent    konate   Virg    Robbo

Fab      Jones

Salah       Gakpo    Jota

Nunez.

Hopefully it's more than enough.
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby 7_Kewell » Sat May 06, 2023 5:48 pm

Nice team goal there. Another season where Mo gets 30 goals.
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby woof woof ! » Sat May 06, 2023 6:29 pm

Seems like every time we make a tackle the ref gives Brentford a free kick  :kungfu:

Gotta say Nunez is doing my f*ckin' head in , lost count of how many golden chances he's missed . Had my doubts when we signed him and he's done bugger all to change my mind.  :(

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby 7_Kewell » Sat May 06, 2023 6:55 pm

woof woof ! » Sat May 06, 2023 5:29 pm wrote:Seems like every time we make a tackle the ref gives Brentford a free kick  :kungfu:

Gotta say Nunez is doing my f*ckin' head in , lost count of how many golden chances he's missed . Had my doubts when we signed him and he's done bugger all to change my mind.  :(

I'm up for giving Nunez another season, but he's not on the same level as Mane, Mo or Bobby (when he was at his peak). I'd listen to offers....

Sadly it's the same players letting us down. Fabinho gives away lots of cheap fouls and Konate is doing his best to impersonate Traore.
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Santa » Sat May 06, 2023 7:22 pm

FT 1-0 3 points is 3 points...we keep picking up points and see where it goes
Never try to teach a pig to sing...

...it only waste your time, and annoys the pig
Santa
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 7_Kewell » Sat May 06, 2023 7:23 pm

It wasn't pretty, but it's a win. And puts some pressure on the teams above us.
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby damjan193 » Sat May 06, 2023 7:26 pm

Good win. Not a perfect performance but Bretford are no mugs either.
damjan193
LFC Super Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sat May 06, 2023 8:03 pm

By my back of the envelope calculations if we win our remaining 3 games we can get to 71 points, United are currently on 63 but they have 5 games left to play.
In other words any more than 8 points and mathematically they are out of sight, our GD is far superior to theirs though so there is that.
so 2 wins, 2 draws and a loss for united would see us qualify for the CL assuming we win all our games.
Last edited by ycsatbjywtbiastkamb on Sun May 07, 2023 2:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby red till i die!! » Sat May 06, 2023 8:47 pm

Another ground out win but again not pretty and resorting to time wasting to seeing it over the line. Il take the points but it's not great to watch.

Salah again breaking records and I know he gets stick because of what he earns but at least he earns it. Where would we be without him this season! The rest aren't stepping up and unless Nunez gets a footballing transplant it will be more of the same from him next year.

Taylor was a Cnut today and I thought gave them a lot of easy fouls. Has he never seen them play before!! There is always soft frees in games but for us to concede twice as many as them is laughable.
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby 7_Kewell » Sat May 06, 2023 9:06 pm

Mo and Ali are our best players by a country mile right now. Without them, we'd be with Chelsea.
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby UvS xR4GEx » Sat May 06, 2023 9:12 pm

I hate to admit it, but the game today really highlighted that Hendos legs have truly gone. He came on for the last 15/20mins and he was so off of the pace, it was painful to watch.

I won't ever discredit his desire, or his commitment.. he's been a great player and captain for the club, but this could be his last season playing regularly at top level.
UvS xR4GEx
LFC Guru Member

Postby redshade » Sun May 07, 2023 1:11 am

Congrats to Salah, getting 100 goals at home and congrats to Alli for his 100th clean sheet, what would we do without them, both have been superb throughout the years.

Anyhow game was ok, we should've scored a few more, Nunez needs shooting practise, I've been a huge fan of his and always thought he will come good but like other I'm beginning to wonder....

So 3 more points, 1 point behind scum who have got 2 games in hand. Let us just hope and pray Mannure and Newcastle drop points.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sun May 07, 2023 3:03 pm

Yep big couple of games coming up today -

Newcastle v Arsenal   4.30pm
West Ham v Man United   7.00pm
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Next

Return to Liverpool FC - Games