LIVERPOOL v Brentford Sat 6th May 5.30 pm

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby Santa » Sun May 07, 2023 8:58 pm

Both Scums and Barcodes lost today...the invitation is sent and CL spots are up for grabs. C'mon boys let's go

If the stars aligned, we could even grab 3rd
Never try to teach a pig to sing...

...it only waste your time, and annoys the pig
Santa
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby devaney » Mon May 08, 2023 8:51 am

Another good result against tricky opposition and once again Mo shows his worth.

Hope you’re right Santa but I really think it’s nothing more than wishful thinking. We’ve left ourselves too much to do and United have got a relatively easy next four matches with three of them at home. As for Newcastle, I think there’s even less chance of them slipping up to the degree that we need. It also goes without saying that we need to win our last three matches to have any chance and that isn’t a given. Best, I think we can hope for is Thursday night football, but I really hope I’m wrong. Frankly, I’ll be glad when the season ends. It’s been one of utter frustration and disappointment. What we do during the summer transfer window will be key to our success next season. Sorry to state the  bleedin obvious !!
Net Spend Over The Last 5 Years (10 years
are in brackets)
LFC £255m (£467m)
Everton £38m (£287m)
Arsenal £645m6 (£925m)
Spurs £510m (£541m)
Chelsea £788m (£1007m)
Man City £307m (£1012m)
Man United £702m (£1249m)
devaney
LFC Super Member

Postby Boocity » Mon May 08, 2023 1:43 pm

devaney » Mon May 08, 2023 7:51 am wrote:Another good result against tricky opposition and once again Mo shows his worth.

Hope you’re right Santa but I really think it’s nothing more than wishful thinking. We’ve left ourselves too much to do and United have got a relatively easy next four matches with three of them at home. As for Newcastle, I think there’s even less chance of them slipping up to the degree that we need. It also goes without saying that we need to win our last three matches to have any chance and that isn’t a given. Best, I think we can hope for is Thursday night football, but I really hope I’m wrong. Frankly, I’ll be glad when the season ends. It’s been one of utter frustration and disappointment. What we do during the summer transfer window will be key to our success next season. Sorry to state the  bleedin obvious !!

ManU may have a relatively easy 4 games but wasn't West Ham supposed to be relatively easy. Lost two on the bounce and their manager has started tinkering. I can see them dropping more points, maybe a couple of draws. The thing is though, we may be winning but don't look that comfortable. I really hope it goes to the wire and we pip them. I would lmao.
Boocity
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Eagle » Mon May 08, 2023 3:03 pm

Couldn't watch the game so have only seen the highlights but it looks as though they barely had a sniff and we probably should have scored more than 1. Even if we end up finishing 5th, completing the season with 9 wins on the trot would be helpful. Apart from giving us confidence going into next season, it gives Klopp something to point at when speaking to transfer targets. Yes we had a blip in the first half of the season, but it was a blip and we're getting back to being a formidable team.

W vs Brentford
W vs Fulham

W vs Tottenham
W vs West Ham
W vs Nottingham Forest

W vs Leeds
D vs Arsenal
D vs Chelsea
L vs Man City
L vs Bournemouth

W vs Man Utd
W vs Wolves

D vs Palace
W vs Newcastle
W vs Everton
Eagle

Postby red till i die!! » Mon May 08, 2023 3:58 pm

They just had 1 shot on target as far as I can remember.  They did have us penned in at times which was the worry and they did create plenty of chances that on another day might have come together for them. We look disjointed up front and at times pants down at the back.

Very similar game to what we have been playing lately where we are a different side in each half. Losing out on a lot of loose balls and challenges gives the other side a mental edge over you and they end up running the show. Subs didn't lift us either and in the end we are timewasting to see it out.

We have turned a corner since the start of the season and we are  currently in the midst of our best run but imo we still are far from good enough. We either need 5 or 6 players to get back up there or at least 3 imo who will hit the ground running. If not we will be fighting for top 4 again next year.
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby Tommy Smith » Wed May 10, 2023 4:13 pm

Clean sheet and three points was most welcoming clever management
Tommy Smith
LFC Member

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - Games