LFC: KEY MOMENTS - 2007/08 season.

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby red37 » Sat Aug 11, 2007 10:55 pm

How about a thread for all the Memorable moments/Goals/Quotes etc of the coming season...League, Champions League, Domestic Cups. Whatever. All in one place. The highpoints and good times of the unfolding season ahead, not the negative things or the full blown Match discussions - those will all of course deserve individual scrutiny in their own individual topics. Perhaps members can post Video clips/Articles/Personal tales here, like a Virtual Scrapbook if you like - just the relevant stuff, short and to the point.

Think of this one as a TimeCapsule/Snapshot of all that is great about Liverpool FC's and their exploits over the next 10 months chronicled in a way that could be looked back on in the future as a reference point of where/how the club fared in 2007/08...who knows, it may ultimately lead to the realisation of this club becoming Champions of England once again - Now that would be worth a good read!  If its kept fairly organised in terms of content, the thread could well be of value. Basics like Dates, Locations etc...

First entry of Defining moments I'm going to put in is this one:

1.  PREM. 11th Aug 07  VILLA PARK - Superb GERRARD Free Kick 87 mins secures 2:1 Victory on opening day   
http://www.megavideo.com/?v=41QIQ6IC

Reina
Finnan Carragher Agger Arbeloa
Pennant (73) Gerrard* Alonso Riise
Kuyt (89) Torres (78)

Itandje
Hyypia, Babel (73), Voronin (78), Sissoko (89)

*OG M Laursen AV (30)

Ref: M. Riley - Pennant (55) Reina (84)
Last edited by red37 on Mon Sep 03, 2007 5:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

TITANS of HOPE
red37
LFC Guru Member

Postby Bad Bob » Sun Aug 12, 2007 3:57 am

An excellent idea, Red.  The match threads get far too clogged to wade back into once the game has passed and this will offer a great resource.  It would also serve as a useful place for brief thoughts on the key moments selected.  In that regard...

What a stunning free kick that was.  Let's appreciate how deftly Gerrard has threaded the needle here--getting the ball up and over Carew and down on target again and so precisely into the top corner that, despite the fact that the keeper anticipates the attempt and gets there, he can still only graze it with his fingers.  Add the timing of the kick (right after they drew level) and the outcome (turning 1 point into 3 on the opening day of the season) and it becomes even more special.  We might well look back at this moment in May as the moment our title aspirations well and truly took shape. :buttrock
Bad Bob
LFC Guru Member

Postby crazyhorse » Sun Aug 12, 2007 5:14 am

The most original and worthwhile new thread i have seen on here for ages.. I cannot add any more than Bad Bob. A superb free kick. Beckam eat your heart out.
THIS IS ANFIELD
crazyhorse
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby mungi » Sun Aug 12, 2007 5:51 am

i reckon a key moment happened before the season started which was the signing of torres. thoughts?
mungi
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby RedBlood » Sun Aug 12, 2007 6:41 am

gerrard should take all our free kicks ive said that for years, no1 in our team can strike a ball with as much power and accuracy as him from 25/35 yards
RedBlood
LFC Super Member

Postby Igor Zidane » Sun Aug 12, 2007 12:56 pm

Good thread red . On the free kick ,the hieght that gerrard got was amazing considering it had to come back down again and nestle in the top corner , very hard to do indeed.
UP THE PURPS !!!
https://www.colfc.co.uk/
Igor Zidane
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Bad Bob » Sun Aug 12, 2007 1:06 pm

Red, your link seems not to work anymore.  Here's another:

Gerrard Free Kick
Bad Bob
LFC Guru Member

Postby red37 » Sun Aug 12, 2007 1:24 pm

Bad Bob wrote:Red, your link seems not to work anymore.  Here's another:

Gerrard Free Kick

Good work J.

I suppose this may be a problem with posting Clips, over time they get jibbed off the various sites that host them. Its not mandatory to show one with a suitable entry in here...a jpeg will do. But it would be nice. Keep the comments coming lads.

TITANS of HOPE
red37
LFC Guru Member

Postby Bad Bob » Sun Aug 12, 2007 1:36 pm

red37 wrote:
Bad Bob wrote:Red, your link seems not to work anymore.  Here's another:

Gerrard Free Kick

Good work J.

I suppose this may be a problem with posting Clips, over time they get jibbed off the various sites that host them. Its not mandatory to show one with a suitable entry in here...a jpeg will do. But it would be nice. Keep the comments coming lads.

Someone more computer savvy than I will be able to tell us if there are ways to link clips that aren't governed by the caprices of Youtube or whoever.  It would be nice to have high quality clips that aren't going to vanish a couple of weeks on.  I see that Bav has posted some clip of the goal in the match thread that seems to be the result of his own computer prowess (or I am just thick when it comes to computers? :D ).  Maybe somebody who knows this stuff could sort of volunteer to set up some permanent clip links in here?  ???
Bad Bob
LFC Guru Member

Postby tubby » Sun Aug 12, 2007 2:23 pm

Here is Stevies goal.

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=DL1AM98E

BTW Bad bob this is HQ. Its 720 by 560 size you wont get bigger than that anywhere.

Also i plan to upload all goals every week in HQ if that helps.
Last edited by tubby on Sun Aug 12, 2007 2:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
My new blog for my upcoming holiday.

http://kunstevie.wordpress.com/
tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby red37 » Sun Aug 12, 2007 2:35 pm

Ta for that Bav.

Just to re-iterate, if this thread can only be reserved for the Key moments - the Champagne..hollywood, memorable defining moments kind of stuff over the season. Not just highlights or all the goals etc...If it stays in a simple to read format and catalogued the same for each entry, it would make a whole lot more sense to comprehend in the future.

DATE   LOCATION   EVENT/SUMMARY  LINK/JPEG etc..

That kind of thing.

I was wondering whether to include the squad list as well when an entry is made, for comparison during these inevitable Rotation debates?  Does anyone see value in adding that?

TITANS of HOPE
red37
LFC Guru Member

Postby tubby » Sun Aug 12, 2007 2:37 pm

Sure. I will just post all the goals anyway in the goals section and you can copy over the links here as and when you want. All that I ask is that you drop a thankyou if you like it.

Thanks

tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby red37 » Sun Aug 12, 2007 3:49 pm

Sound, will do. You know me...credit where its due and all that.

TITANS of HOPE
red37
LFC Guru Member

Postby tubby » Sun Aug 12, 2007 4:20 pm

Also please let me know anyone who has managed to download either of the files. Im still playing around with different formats so let me know if you think its good quality ect...Ta :D

tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Bad Bob » Mon Aug 13, 2007 12:59 am

Hey Bav, thanks for supplying the link!  A stupid question, perhaps, but do we need to sign up in order to watch these clips? ???
Last edited by Bad Bob on Mon Aug 13, 2007 12:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
Bad Bob
LFC Guru Member

Next

Return to Liverpool FC - Games