Leeds-liverpool game - Cr@p defending

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby azriahmad » Sun Feb 29, 2004 2:01 pm

Guys,
I am watching this game live and in the early in the first half, I see disturbing patterns which have been the story of Liverpool's season so far.
Kewell and Gerrard (hime especially) are playing very well, with Gerrard being very busy and playing his heart out. Owen is having an indifferent game., not really bad but not really goos either and he missed a sitter early on. What's my bone of contention? The other players...especially the defense with Hyppia as the worst culprit. He is second best in everything and the marking by both central defenders are non-existent.
Kewell scored only for Bakke to equalise and Viduka to easily score to put Leeds ahead.
I am appalled at such a headless display by most of the men in red, so much that I am going out now as I have had enough of this listless performance week in, week out.
Why is it only Gerrard plays his heart out and always try to0 make openings for his teammates and the rest are just pedestrians? Kewell played well lately, but not in long sustained periods and Owen is becoming goal shy. That is what happend when Liverpool relies on few players to deliver while others are allowed to become mere passengers.
Worst of all, our pillar of sthength of the past, Houllier's good old defensive and counter attacking game has collapsed because the defensive part of the game is non-existent!
What's your opinion?
You lot give out good opinions in the threads that I am more entertained by reading the posts than watching in agony while my beloved club gets deeper into mediocrity.
azriahmad
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ynwa » Sun Feb 29, 2004 3:00 pm

the defending from liverpool was sh##e smith and viduka where to much for them
walk on walk on with hope in your heart
rafalution
18/5
god is back
ynwa
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby LFC #1 » Mon Mar 01, 2004 10:45 am

What's happened to the great henchoz-hyypia partnership?, this season its been fairly mediocre.
LFC #1
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Starbridge42 » Mon Mar 01, 2004 12:26 pm

Look at it this way, our midfield created more than 15 chances (15 shots on goal AWAY from home is excellent) and our strikers had a touch of bad luck (owen had two good chances saved by the leeds keeper) but so what?  Thats football, get over it.  Hyperia has been a little dissapointing lately but all players, no matter their position, go through bad periods, that just football, get over it.
I didn't like Italy, it was like living in a foreign country - Ian Rush
'In most associations half of the committee does all the work while the other half does nothing. I am pleased to report that in this football club it is the reverse.' - Liverpool Echo
Starbridge42
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Location: The land of pixies and and elephants and little green men with purple boogers. Wow I must have eaten

Postby ynwa » Mon Mar 01, 2004 9:05 pm

why is murphy he has done f##k all this season
walk on walk on with hope in your heart
rafalution
18/5
god is back
ynwa
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Return to Liverpool FC - Games