CHELSEA VS LIVERPOOL - Defining moment of this season

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby Zidane » Wed Sep 30, 2009 6:17 pm

No kuyt on the left I want Riera there all game long, he played well at stamford bridge last season and took on Bosingwa effectively throughout most of the game he's the only one imo that can do that down the left.  As for Benny I just don't like him starting that much.  When he's ineffective he goes MIA almost the ENTIRE game, as a sub he tends to come out guns blazing and ready to go more often than not.  The occassional game starting for him is good but give him a good streak of games and he will go missing quite a bit.

Reina
Johnson       Carra         Skrtel        Aurelio

Mascherano     Lucas

Kuyt                 Gerrard                Riera

Torres
Zidane

Postby NANNY RED » Wed Sep 30, 2009 6:24 pm

Ill tell yeh the only player im worried about in Sunday from them is Essien, Hes sneaky, Yep he sits infront of there back four but he roams sneakerly, always seems to pop up unmarked round the edge of the box, or is always there to put any ball that comes out back in, one sneaky but fecking great player , hes the one im concerned about

An yes i would gamble on Agger, an all
Last edited by NANNY RED on Wed Sep 30, 2009 6:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
HE WHO BETRAYS WILL ALWAYS WALK ALONE
NANNY RED
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Madmax » Wed Sep 30, 2009 6:30 pm

SupitsJonF wrote:Without our secret weapon, our results against the big 4 will suck :(

I've the same feeling this time roundwill struggle against arsenal,chelea and the scums. I can't see a double over any of them. Anyhow as for the game in the bridge is going to be tough. A win would be a bouns but i wouldn't mind a draw.
Essien will be all over gerrard so i would prefer if rafa players gerrard paired with macha and benny behind torres.
Madmax
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ruskiy playmaker » Wed Sep 30, 2009 10:50 pm

Fowler_E7 wrote:
GYBS wrote:hasnt it already been decided in previous threads that gerrard and masher dont work together as a partnership as seen in numerous games before over the season ????

what but Lucas is a better option i guess ur gonna say  :idea

i dont particuarly like Gerrard and Masch together, but there a damn sight better than anything with Lucas involved.

Well I remember that Lucas had one of his best games for us at Stanford Bridge a couple of yrs ago.  I think that he and Mascherano would do a better job of defending the back 4 than Masch and Gerrard.
[img]http://i42.tinypic.com/lkw42.gif[img]
ruskiy playmaker

Postby RobinHood6969 » Thu Oct 01, 2009 4:44 am

Reina
Johnson       Carra         Skrtel        Aurelio

Mascherano     

Benayoun             Gerrard                Riera

Kuyt        Torres

i would like this line up; go and attack them, take them for surprise.
3-2 us
RobinHood6969

Postby bigmick » Thu Oct 01, 2009 5:00 am

Well it's a huge game, and we must play our best available team. It is as we all know if they're available, this:

Reina

Johnson  Carragher  Skrtel   Aurelio

Kuyt   Gerrard    Masherano    Riera

Benayoun

Torres

Nice and simple, round pegs in round holes. When we haven't got it, Benayoun drops in to make a midfield four, with Masherano dropping into the hole in between the back four and the centre halves. Make them try and hit Drogba and Anelka over the top of Masherano. I fancy us to score a goal, but unfirutnately I fancy them to undo our defensive set up from a set piece. Hopefully it'll only be the once and it'll be 1-1.
"se e in una bottigla ed e bianco, e latte".
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby bigmick » Thu Oct 01, 2009 5:03 am

I should add that this is the best AVAILABLE team IMHO. If he's fit Agger replaces Skrtel. Lets be optimistic and say that if Aquilani is fit, Gerrard replaces Benayoun and the Italian plays alongside Masherano.

This though, it ought to be needless to say, is not the game for fecking about. It's not time for Kuyt trying to play left side, trying a sweeper set up for the first time, playing a reverse diamond christmas tree in order to counter the fact that Ashley Cole isn't playing or any of that old nonsense. Play our best team and get something out of the match, that is what the doctor is ordering.
"se e in una bottigla ed e bianco, e latte".
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby JoeTerp » Thu Oct 01, 2009 5:13 am

we have had some interesting trips to the bridge recently

I think people have been putting too much on Rafa in our losses recently. I think a lot of it has to do with everybody playing flat (I guess that could be his fault too, but in a different way)

We need people to step their freaking game up and play up to the standard that is expected of them

Would love to bring on Agger after we are already 2 goals up :D
JoeTerp

Postby ruskiy playmaker » Thu Oct 01, 2009 5:33 am

Heard that Rafa was really :censored: at our players for their performance.  Hope he gave them the kick up the :censored: that they really needed ahead of the Chelsea game.
[img]http://i42.tinypic.com/lkw42.gif[img]
ruskiy playmaker

Postby TheLad » Thu Oct 01, 2009 5:37 am

Not optimistic at all. After our last display of power in Italy, I am a bit shattered to say the least as for our prospects to winning the league. May the mighty Redmen prove me wrong. Bring on the Russians!
TheLad
LFC Super Member

Postby stmichael » Thu Oct 01, 2009 12:31 pm

GYBS wrote:but gerrard with lucas hasnt done too badly lately has it ? i know people dont rate lucas but he has been playing better than masher this season .

And also as i've consistently said on here, Gerrard alongside Mascherano in a central two doesn't work.

Positioning is Gerrard's biggest weakness, and while he can force himself to cover that too, it takes away from the rest of his game. Thus if Gerrard is to play as one of the centre pair, his partner needs to be someone who can cover the numerous marginal weaknesses that then appear in Gerrard's game. While Mascherano is relatively all-round for a holding midfielder, he isn't all-round enough to do this imo.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby The Good Yank » Thu Oct 01, 2009 7:43 pm

I see everyone listing Aurellio as the LB, and yes he probably is the best one we've got.  But I can't see him in the starting XI after having played the full 90 in midweek.

Reina
Johnson            Skittles     Carragher     Insua

Kuyt              Lucas          Masher        Riera

Gerrard

Torres

Bennayoun has been great this season.  But here I'd like to use him as a sub against tired opposition later in the match.  Babel on for Kuyt if we are behind.  Aurellio on for Insua after the hour mark.
s@int - 13 December 2009

I won't celebrate Rafa going........ but I will be over the moon if Dalglish comes in. League within 2 years if he gets the job, AND YOU CAN QUOTE ME ON THAT.
The Good Yank
LFC Super Member

Postby Tim LFC » Thu Oct 01, 2009 8:53 pm

SupitsJonF wrote:Without our secret weapon, our results against the big 4 will suck :(

Btw who is our secret weapon? Not Alonso? Aquilani? Agger?

I have no idea who it is.  :D
Tim LFC

Postby aCe' » Thu Oct 01, 2009 9:26 pm

Lets be honest about things here for a second... Kuyt doesnt offer much in terms of build up play or keeping possession or providing width... the 2 things he does best are tracking fullbacks and scoring tap ins...  he might get the occasional assist, but it surely isnt down to his creativity or vision... in a game like the one against Chelsea, id have him down the left flank... he'd give bosingwa a hard time by constantly closing him down regardless of his position, and he'd probably get the better of the Portugese in aerial contests... Granted, he probably wont be able to offer much in attacking terms given the position hes played, but for some reason i dont expect it to be that different from what he offers now...

Down the right flank, if Cole is absent, is were we can really hurt Chelsea... i'd rather have someone who can dribble well to take on their fullback, try to connect well with Johnson, and maybe even force them to give up one of their midfielders to try and limit his time on the ball.. With Kuyt, that isnt going to happen... tbph, id rather have any or benny, riera or even babel down the right ahead of kuyt if cole isnt available... My only concern about playing Lucas is that he'd be very likely to single-handedly cost us the game by giving away freekicks around the box... Again like Kuyt, i dont expect him to offer much in attacking terms.. so most of his work (good or bad) will come at the defensive end...

Anyways... i dont think it will prove that hard predicting the lineup for this one... we have 9 players who are sure to start in the given positions imo...

Reina

Johnson         Skertel        Carragher      XXXXX

Kuyt              Lucas           Masher         XXXXX

Gerrard

Torres

Personally, i believe we need to change things around somehow to get anything out of this game... hope Rafa has a trick up his sleeve...
aCe'
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby NANNY RED » Thu Oct 01, 2009 9:45 pm

Tim LFC wrote:

Btw who is our secret weapon? Not Alonso? Aquilani? Agger?

I have no idea who it is.  :D

Me  :nod
HE WHO BETRAYS WILL ALWAYS WALK ALONE
NANNY RED
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - Games