Chelsea v liverpool - Magnificent

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby supersub » Wed Jan 07, 2004 10:54 pm

Now this was a magnificent win.A huge display from every man in a red shirt tonight.Even players who usually are on the end of a lot of flack played like a giant.
    your thoughts please.
THERE'S A GREAT BIG BEAUTIFUL TOMORROW SHINING AT THE END OF EVERY DAY.
THERE'S A GREAT BIG BEAUTIFUL TOMORROW AND TOMORROW IS JUST A DREAM AWAY.
supersub
Forum Moderator

Postby supersub » Wed Jan 07, 2004 11:07 pm

Heskey deservedly wins man of the match.
supersub
Forum Moderator

Postby THEBARON » Wed Jan 07, 2004 11:15 pm

Yes a truly great win  tonight. Our first win at Chelsea in 13 years and a real backs to the wall performance. When I saw the starting 11 including Traore and Cheyrou I feared the worse but credit to the team tonight.
One swallow doesn't make a summer and Houllier still has his knockers ( including me ) but tonight I am just going to enjoy the result.
THEBARON

Postby Dalglish » Wed Jan 07, 2004 11:48 pm

LFC were very good tonight , defensivesly very impressive and despite NO Owen, NO Gerrard, NO Finnon, NO Baros , NO Kirky and eventually NO Dudek and Diouf :p  Chelsea had ONE real chance for all their posssession. Another good Liverpool performance, with the exception of Portsmouth Away and Soton at home I think we have played well in the other games despite not getting the points we deserved. I'll probably be shot for that comment but do i givce a monkey's what you think ? LOL:P
Dalglish
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby HOMELEIGHKOP » Wed Jan 07, 2004 11:58 pm

was u watching the same game as me then cos we won but very scrapy doo:cool:
"RED IS THE COLOUR"
HOMELEIGHKOP

Postby Dalglish » Thu Jan 08, 2004 12:02 am

And chelsea were what exactly ? With the exception of Duff at full strength and reduced to ONE real chance and bickering over every decision (which they invaribaly got):p
Dalglish
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Dalglish » Thu Jan 08, 2004 12:04 am

:p
Dalglish
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby HOMELEIGHKOP » Thu Jan 08, 2004 12:06 am

u know thats what i like a win just like that they did play with balls tonite well done lads:p
"RED IS THE COLOUR"
HOMELEIGHKOP

Postby Dalglish » Thu Jan 08, 2004 12:08 am

Any chance of a slight "Congrats" to Houllier then ? or is that asking too much !!!!!! :laugh:
Dalglish
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby supersub » Thu Jan 08, 2004 12:29 am

I agree with Dalglish,HOMELEIGHKOP,the performance and result is worthy of praise.It may have been a scrappy game but it's the result that counts.Hopefully we will take this gritty attitude into the next game.We desperately need to put a run of wins together to give us the push for the final champions league place.
supersub
Forum Moderator

Postby jonnymac1979 » Thu Jan 08, 2004 1:38 am

I hear Ronaldo was on his way to Stamford Bridge tonight to watch the game, and Real Madrid got wind of it and demanded he come back to Spain immediately.  You can hardly blame them, they heard Liverpool were playing at Stamford Bridge tonight. 

A little word in his ear maybe?
jonnymac1979

Postby greenred » Thu Jan 08, 2004 1:58 am

Liverpool were fantastic tonight.Now lets beat the villa.
ImageImageImage
greenred
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby gaz31 » Thu Jan 08, 2004 2:10 am

HELLO PEEPS IVE JUST GOT BACK FROM WATCHING THE MATCH AND IT WAS A VERY GOOD ATMOSTPHERE AND A JOLLY GOOD PERFORMANCE, LETS SEE MORE OF IT EH!!!
When you get the ball, I want you to beat a couple of men and smash the ball into the net, just the same way you used to at Bury," said Shankly. Lindsay replied: "But Boss that wasn't me, it was Bobby Kerr." Shankly turned to Bob Paisley and said: "Christ Bob, we've signed the wrong player."
gaz31
LFC Elite Member

Postby azriahmad » Thu Jan 08, 2004 4:57 am

I didn't see the game as it was televised at 4 am in Malaysia (tried to stay up but was very tired and didn't managed to) but I am extremely happy with the result. Even if the game is scrappy, we need to beat a team like Chelsea to give the whole squad a boost and hopefully ignite a run of good form until the end of the season.
We lacked grittiness for the past two seasons, and we need this to be able to grind out results even when not playing particularly well.
Well done lads!
azriahmad
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby oldredeyes » Thu Jan 08, 2004 10:48 am

A great result and a very gutsy performance. Good to see Heskey finally throw his dummy out the pram and play with some fire in his belly. Wasn't the best game we have played but maybe the most significant of the season so far. GH got it right on the night and should be congratulated for picking a team to do the job. I hope he does not revert back to defensive counter play for the rest of the season and maintains some degree of attacking flair once Owen and Baros are available.
But the tactics for the game last night were spot on.
Good sensible comments from Stevie Gerrard after the game when he admitted a lot of players had 'gone missing' this season and needed to buckle down and start pulling their weight. The lad's showing a lot of maturity and common sense.
Well done GH and the guys who played. No more false dawns please, just carry on winning eh!
oldredeyes
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Return to Liverpool FC - Games