BARCELONA V's LFC, CL SEMI FINAL 1st May

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby kazza » Tue Apr 30, 2019 9:47 am

woof woof ! » Tue Apr 30, 2019 7:07 am wrote:With Firmino a doubt some pundits are suggesting Jurgen may opt for just Mane and Salah up front and stick an extra body in midfield.
If Bobby isn't fully fit it might not be a bad idea.

.                                      Alisson
.TAA            Matip                              Virgil                 Robbo

.      Hendo                   Fabhinho                    Gini

.                                     Kieta

.                     Sala                           Mane

I think it will more likely be Milner to protect either fullback. Milner with a good tackle on Messi will slow him down a bit

If 4 3 3 then try Keita in Bobby’s role to press from the front, their defenders are slower and prone to a mistake.
Last edited by kazza on Tue Apr 30, 2019 9:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby redshade » Tue Apr 30, 2019 10:50 am

kazza » Tue Apr 30, 2019 9:47 am wrote:
woof woof ! » Tue Apr 30, 2019 7:07 am wrote:With Firmino a doubt some pundits are suggesting Jurgen may opt for just Mane and Salah up front and stick an extra body in midfield.
If Bobby isn't fully fit it might not be a bad idea.

.                                      Alisson
.TAA            Matip                              Virgil                 Robbo

.      Hendo                   Fabhinho                    Gini

.                                     Kieta

.                     Sala                           Mane

I think it will more likely be Milner to protect either fullback. Milner with a good tackle on Messi will slow him down a bit

If 4 3 3 then try Keita in Bobby’s role to press from the front, their defenders are slower and prone to a mistake.

Tbf usually when we have a tough match Klopp definitely plays Hendo and Milner. So i guess they will pair woth with either Fab or Wij.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby Reg » Tue Apr 30, 2019 11:44 am

I think both Fab and Gini have come on sufficiently this season to handle the pressure of this game.   With 99,000 fans !!
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby maguskwt » Tue Apr 30, 2019 12:32 pm

Reg » Mon Apr 29, 2019 11:07 pm wrote:Hey Mags, hows life mate? If you look at the age of their stating XI they’re an old team, Suarez is 32, Messi 31, their centre backs 31 etc.. so these guys will have limited stamina. Let’s hope.

If Fab plays permanently deep like a third CB it might allow Matip to drift more over to the right side to cover TAA?

Life's been busy Reg. I thought I had escaped the hectic life of Singapore when I moved down under but didn't turn out that way. Makes me question whether the problem is me  :laugh: .
I hope so mate regarding the age difference.

Btw great thread starter!
maguskwt
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby UvS xR4GEx » Tue Apr 30, 2019 1:45 pm

I heard Van Dijk is injured for tomorrow.. If true that is a massive blow!!

Gomez and Lovren have only played a couple of games since their injuries so not sure if they'll be upto the task of stopping Suarez and Messi.
UvS xR4GEx
LFC Guru Member

Postby redshade » Tue Apr 30, 2019 7:08 pm

I can't find anything on that.

Spurs and Ajax inabit will be a good game.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby redshade » Tue Apr 30, 2019 8:26 pm

Ajax leading 1-0 they are looking very impressive.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Tue Apr 30, 2019 11:05 pm

Ajax looked fantastic early on and really should have went 2 up but when Spurs changed tack and went with a more direct approach Ajax did look vulnerable and certainly struggled to cope with Spurs physicality as the game wore on.
Obviously Ajax are in the driving seat but I wouldn't say the tie is quite done and dusted yet, especially the way Ajax were defending set pieces.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby Reg » Wed May 01, 2019 2:47 am

Telegraph reporting Wednesday that: Roberto Firmino trained as normal on Tuesday, and Liverpool are hopeful he will be available.
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Reg » Wed May 01, 2019 5:21 am

++++ I'm trying to post an image what am i doing wrong? +++

Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Reg » Wed May 01, 2019 6:40 am

Liverpool have never lost in four visits to the Camp Nou, winning twice and restricting Barcelona to just one goal in those four matches. The Anfield club has also beaten Barcelona in two previous European semi-finals – the Uefa Cup meetings of 1976 and 2001 when they went on to win the trophy each time.

:buttrock  :buttrock  :buttrock  :buttrock
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Red Rum » Wed May 01, 2019 6:50 am

Our defence and keeper situation is a lot more solid than this time last season when we had Karius etc. Thus, I am not expecting us to concede too many tonight. I'm quietly confident..
Red Rum
LFC Advanced Member

Postby redshade » Wed May 01, 2019 8:05 am

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Tue Apr 30, 2019 11:05 pm wrote:Ajax looked fantastic early on and really should have went 2 up but when Spurs changed tack and went with a more direct approach Ajax did look vulnerable and certainly struggled to cope with Spurs physicality as the game wore on.
Obviously Ajax are in the driving seat but I wouldn't say the tie is quite done and dusted yet, especially the way Ajax were defending set pieces.

Yup it is not over but i think on home turf Ajax will be too much. They are a very good side and IF they reach the final they will cause Us or Barca trouble.

Matchday folks this is going to be an interesting one. Big stars playing on the same pitch you can't get anything better than that.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby kazza » Wed May 01, 2019 1:15 pm

kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - Games