Youth academy trounced - What happened ?

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby cpc4eva » Mon Aug 20, 2007 9:28 pm

5-0 loss to villa what happened ???

i thought our academy lads were top class ???
cpc4eva

Postby metalhead » Mon Aug 20, 2007 9:29 pm

cpc4eva wrote:5-0 loss to villa what happened ???

well they are not.
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Igor Zidane » Mon Aug 20, 2007 9:31 pm

you worry to much , sack the lot of em after the first resreve game i say, ffs give them some sort of time mate. :no
UP THE PURPS !!!
https://www.colfc.co.uk/
Igor Zidane
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Bad Bob » Mon Aug 20, 2007 11:41 pm

You didn't include a lengthy news item or transfer rumour with this post.  What happened? ???
Bad Bob
LFC Guru Member

Postby cpc4eva » Tue Aug 21, 2007 1:38 am

Bad Bob wrote:

You didn't include a lengthy news item or transfer rumour with this post.  What happened? ???

i was busy eating ripe bananas..........

:buttrock
cpc4eva

Postby Emerald Red » Tue Aug 21, 2007 1:56 am

cpc4eva wrote:
Bad Bob wrote:

Who's the chic in the signature? And where can I see more?
Emerald Red
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby cpc4eva » Tue Aug 21, 2007 4:26 am

Emerald Red wrote:
cpc4eva wrote:
Bad Bob wrote:

Who's the chic in the signature? And where can I see more?

keep an  :Oo:  or two out for her im sure ull see her at our games....

re the academy... sh goes some say he was pushed to move on and then we get these new guys and alot of new youngsters and we get thumped 5-0 if it was 1 or 2 nil i wouldnt be so concerned....

the youngsters weve brought in have been touted as hot prospects with highly rated skills and ability

ok so its one game nothing to get worried out yet but the signs arent looking good and as Hicks & Gillette have said profoundly since taking over the club that we will become successful through our youth system.....

so how can we get thrashed by villa ?????
cpc4eva

Postby 112-1077774096 » Tue Aug 21, 2007 4:40 am

maybe styles was referee   :D
112-1077774096

Postby 112-1077774096 » Tue Aug 21, 2007 4:42 am

ok they got a trouncing, it happens now and again, i can remember our all conquering first team getting beat 4-0 at coventry i think it was, and viduka giving us the runaround at leeds.

maybe just a bad day at the office
112-1077774096

Postby The Manhattan Project » Tue Aug 21, 2007 6:51 am

Getting mullered ever so often can be a useful thing.
china syndrome 80512640 reactor meltdown fusion element
no uniquely indefinable one 5918 identification unknown 113
source transmission 421 general panic hysteria 02 outbreak
foreign mutation 001505 maximum code destruction nuclear
reflection 01044 power plutonium helix atomic energy wave
The Manhattan Project
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby mungi » Tue Aug 21, 2007 6:53 am

watch the game agaisnt leeds the other day where viduka scored 3-4 goals. these things happen. hopefully it doesnt start to happen to our first team
mungi
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby JoeTerp » Tue Aug 21, 2007 7:47 am

not saying its accurate or anything, but if you look up the U-18
team on wiki, you see only 3 defenders listed in the whole squad, there are probably more, but it just goes to show that pretty much all our youth signings have been GKs, wingers and forwards.  I think I am more mad that we didn't score (which the team had been doing a lot of) that letting in the 5 goals. The last two academy classes were successful because last year the lads were together for a LONG time and the year before included 4 key guys that other youth set ups saw as rejects that we saw something in like Anderson(ex-hull) and Guthrie(ex-manu) and bringing in Hobbs from Lincoln city. They also had quality at the back with  Hobbs, Antwi, Darby,  and Threlfall all being promoted to Melwood and showing some signs of promise and the later two being with the club since they were 8!

One player that I am excited about that gets very little mention whenever the youth team is talked about is Ben Parsonage. He played in some games in the first of the 2 youth cups even though he was on the U-16 team and he played really well too.  I love this quote in his LFC.tv profile:  Heighway exclaimed: "Ben Parsonage was wonderful and I think I even surprised my own staff for picking him in the team, but I knew what he could do and I trust him. Ben is Liverpool through and through and he would run through a brick wall for this club. He did tremendously well."

I know you can find that attitude at a lot of youth clubs, but when I read it Stevie G and Carra came to mind, and they are still that way, so I hope this kid turns out to be the business.
JoeTerp

Postby cpc4eva » Tue Aug 21, 2007 8:31 am

JoeTerp wrote:not saying its accurate or anything, but if you look up the U-18
team on wiki, you see only 3 defenders listed in the whole squad, there are probably more, but it just goes to show that pretty much all our youth signings have been GKs, wingers and forwards.  I think I am more mad that we didn't score (which the team had been doing a lot of) that letting in the 5 goals.

Liverpool's new-look academy team were given a rude awakening by Aston Villa in their first game of the new season - getting thumped 5-0.

Reds Under-18 manager Hughie McAuley told liverpoolfc.tv: "It is disappointing for everybody concerned to lose a match 5-0 and it's a kick up the backside for the players.

"The players are developing but they know the standard that is required here. We will work hard this week in training before our next game against Sunderland at the Academy on Saturday.

"We were in the game in the first half but we didn't take our opportunities. Villa scored two goals in the opening 10 minutes of the second half and things then just went from bad to worse for us."

yeah id say there hasnt been much mention about defenders but alot about midfielders and gks....

just hope the lads can recover from this and put up a good showing from now on..
cpc4eva

Postby mungi » Tue Aug 21, 2007 9:31 am

i mentioned here time and time again. our youth academy isnt good enough compared to the likes of madrid and barcelona. i have alreeady listed my solutions so i wont post any more
mungi
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Alonso14 » Wed Aug 22, 2007 3:39 pm

Isn't it slightly worring that the only kids to come through the academy this decade are Warnock and Mellor, and even Mellor we nicked from  Man City.

I'v heard good things about the Michael Scott, although these are people that know him personally so views could be biased. While as mentioned Ben Parsonage is supposed to be a good prospect.

Anyone whos lucky enough to go to more academy games know of anyone particularly special?
Alonso14
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Next

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion