Wtf - Letter from scum fan

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby woof woof ! » Thu Mar 16, 2006 4:23 pm

dawson99 wrote:why exactly do we sing ring of fire?

It first grabbed my attention when Gerrard and Carragher were singing it during our celebrations in Istanbul .

:)

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby 112-1077774096 » Thu Mar 16, 2006 4:32 pm

these are the letters shown on 365 today in response, my reply isnt there unfortunately.

It's Fair To Assume That The Musings Of Peter Keating Will Not Be Appearing On These Pages Again Soon
RE: Peter Keating's ramblings about LFC fans apparently Munich baiting on Soccer AM. The 'Ring of Fire' chant came about from someone having this tune on a mix tape on a coach trip to an away game last year. It has absolutely nothing to do with Munich air disaster whatsoever. Maybe a little bit of research into the origins of this chant would have prevented you from making a tit of yourself on a public forum.

If you want to know about sick football chants, you should ask a very small minority of ManYoo fans (and I mean a very small minority, as most ManYoo fans I know are, of course, very decent human beings regardless of their taste in football teams) what they were singing to the tune of 'we won it 5 times' during our recent FA cup tie.
Graham Leatham, Liverpool, LFC

....To Peter Keating, if you weren't actually taking the :censored: with your letter, then I should like to respond to the following comment about Liverpool fans on Soccer AM: "They over and over chanted the tune to Johnny Cash's 'Ring of fire' which is a direct taunt to Manchester United's Munich air disaster."

You're wrong.

'Ring of Fire' has been sung by Liverpool fans since Rafa Benitez revealed early on in his managerial tenure at our club that the track in question was his favourite song.

So, it's a tribute to our manager than having anything to do with the tragic Munich disaster.

You'll have to do better than that.
Alex Ballard, Exiled LFC in Bangor

...I just wondered if Peter would be even more gobsmacked to realised that Ring of Fire had nothing to do with the Munich Disaster (though I always did suspect that June Carter Cash, had an evil side) and instead the singing of the intro of this song originated from an away game where the coach had a mixed tape on and this Ring of Fire was part of that. In the jovial spirit one might get into on such a journey the lads on the coach belted out the intro and ended singing it for the rest of the day. As a result it not only spread through the rest of the fans, but became so popular at away matches that even the players caught on, seen after winning against Chelsea in CL semi and after winning the cup.

So Peter, think for a minute, or at least check your facts first, before you want the fans on Soccer Saturday hung for this imaginary crime, do you not think if it had any reference to Munich that the whole Liverpool SQUAD would have been in trouble after running around Istanbul singing it in front of millions of TV viewers? Seriously Peter what other misguided email are you typing as we speak? Have you heard? Kop actually stands for King Over Pope, all that stuff about all the scousers who lost their lives in the battle on Spion Kop and that the full name of the stand is Spion Kop is just a lie, they're really a bunch of Munch celebrating Proddies. I knowcos me mate told me.
C Anders
112-1077774096

Postby redmikey » Thu Mar 16, 2006 5:27 pm

i bet that manc scum has never been to any of there games tw@t

all they have tried to do is distract attension from the fact that we battered them again...

alan smith got a standing ovation........ the jar song was funny, well my mate who is a leeds fan thought so. and lets not forget we fecking hate each other so all this " oh i think this is terrible" is a load of middle class b@llocks i hate mancs and thats the point
redmikey
LFC Super Member

Postby Leonmc0708 » Thu Mar 16, 2006 8:12 pm

There are a few "urban myths" about where the ring of fire tune came into the Anfield circle, here are a few:

"The ring of fire was started a few seasons ago when a load of Reds where surrounded at an away game, first time I heard it was in Sofia. A semi scary place.  Rumours of bad things happening to LFC supporters, so we were all cautious.  A spooky approach to the ground kept us in large groups for security. Inside the place was bonkers - the Levski fans were in full roar and put on a very impressive show, whilst the CSKA lads were lined up against our left fence boundary egging the Levski lads on with some no doubt vile Bulgarian epithets. Screaming & chanting back & forth from the two groups, us in the centre just watching these two groups of nutters. Then just as the circle of intimidation reached its crescendo, came the clear crystal voice of disdain. De, De, De, De, De, De Der Der Derr Derr Derr. Almost died laffin' at first, then joined in with the rest of the lads."

"It started in San Quentin years ago."

"I can confirm that it started on our coach a few years back, it was just that the only CD on the coach was Johny Cash and ring of fire was the last track played before we got off ,all the lads were singing it and it just caught on."

"Carraghers old man was one of the founders - think they all used to go to some bar that used to play country and western stuff and it caught on with them so they stuck it on a tape and put it on when on an away trip bus. Tune got hummend and sung and the rest is history."

Personally, the first time I heard it was away in UEFA in 2003, and I recall a decent rendition at Birmingham the same season (03-04).
Last edited by Leonmc0708 on Thu Mar 16, 2006 8:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
JUSTICE FOR THE 96

Leonmc0708
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby GerrardisKing » Thu Mar 16, 2006 11:12 pm

f*cking manc c*nts always moaning about some sh!t
GerrardisKing

Postby Lando_Griffin » Fri Mar 17, 2006 3:47 am

Well peewee, here is my response (which probably wasn't published):

"Hello.

I very much doubt that any of you at football365 are thick enough to believe the Manc when he pathetically accuses LFC fans of disrespecting the Munich Air disaster with the Johnny Cash song "Ring of Fire", but I need to say my piece on this.

It has long been obvious that Mancs fans are quite simply Vermin, with nothing better to do than falsely accuse innocent 'pool fans with inerring frequency, hoping that some of their scum sh*t will stick. Just look at the absurd slurs aimed at Steve Finnan by two supposedly deaf fans. It's all utter b*llocks.

I suppose this wretched knuckle-scraper has convieniently forgotten the foul, odious chants by his own choral of ningkompoops regarding Michael Shields? How suprising! A man (if, indeed, he IS a man) with an IQ so low, he needs to venture into a coal mine just to find it.

What I want you lot to do is this:
Stop printing bullsh*t letters by obviously braindead Mancs and bitters, and concentrate on the facts. It's not a matter of opinion. It's not open to debate. Mancs are scum, and should be shunned in accordance! :-D

Seriously though - stop giving punks like that chap the satisfaction.

Cheers peeps.

- Lando Griffin."

I can't believe it wasn't posted. The mardy tw*ts. :angry: :D

Rafa Benitez - An unfinished Legend.
Lando_Griffin
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 112-1077774096 » Fri Mar 17, 2006 3:41 pm

:D :laugh: :D :laugh: :D

quality mate, that should not just get printed but also win an award
Last edited by 112-1077774096 on Fri Mar 17, 2006 3:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
112-1077774096

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion