Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

The letter to gh was from scum - What do you think

1The idiot who send the letter to GH is Scum
40%
2The letter was not from an LFC fan
12%
3The letter causes the Houllier out campaign damage
16%
4Every player and celebrity gets hate mail Houllier is using it for sympathy.
32%

Total votes : 25

Postby big al » Fri Mar 05, 2004 9:24 pm

I'd love to get my hand s on the idiot who sent GH this letter.

Houllier has been a good servant of LFC but he just is'nt good enough to win the Premiership.  The publication of this letter is actually a master stroke by GH.  He in fact has given himself three games grace before he comes under scrutiny once more he can afford to lose three more games befroe people will point the finger at a man under threat.  Why would any true liverpool fan send such a letter.
"Football Is the greatest democracy of all, That's providing your not Italian and pay the referee" Big al 2006
big al
LFC Elite Member

Postby big al » Fri Mar 05, 2004 9:51 pm

Guys sorry this is the second attempt a putting up a poll ignore the other one.
"Football Is the greatest democracy of all, That's providing your not Italian and pay the referee" Big al 2006
big al
LFC Elite Member

Postby JohnBull » Fri Mar 05, 2004 10:53 pm

No doubt it was the same kind of idiot who sings about Munich when we play the mancs, without realising that some of the greatest footballers ever born died in that disaster.
I am one who wants Houllier out but it is nothing personal against him - I just think that he has passed the point of his ability producing the goods. Like a fool I tried to ask him about some players last tuesday night in the foyer of the Sofia Hilton - waste of time but he certainly didn't look worried about any death threats and there was no additional security.
All the graffitti and crank letters will do is bring out a sympathy vote - forget about the cr#p we've bought under him, forget about the incomprehensible tactics, ignor the SERIOUS rift that has formed between The Acadamy and Melwood and the effect it's having on the future of the club. He seems a nice guy but if he thinks that the supporters waving flags in the Hilton and getting their shirts signed and getting suck-up photos with him represent the true Liverpool supporters then he hasn't got a clue. We had several good arguments amongst ourselves in Bulgaria about where the club should go now and the one consistent reason put up by the Houllier supporters was "who would replace him?"  That is NO reason to keep him on but is a reason to move the board about. It is them who are in a position to bring in new blood and they should have started 12 months ago.
JohnBull
JohnBull
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby long sleeved joe » Fri Mar 05, 2004 11:22 pm

Yeah whoever did that is the kind of dickhead who gives football a bad name, he clearly has no grasp of what it is to support a club.  The same goes for whoever graffitied the training ground.
"If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden i'd draw the curtains" Bill Shankly
long sleeved joe

Postby big al » Sat Mar 06, 2004 7:30 pm

JohnBull I like your style mate and I totallyagree with everything you've said.  Can I add that the fans or continue to mimic areoplanes when we play the Mancs also p#ss me off.  Your spot on the Munich disaster was a big loss for English football and even an Irishman  like myself wouldnever want that.  So to those who do it wise up!
big al
LFC Elite Member

Postby Stan Laurel » Sat Mar 06, 2004 8:09 pm

My old man reckon it was Man Utd fan did it to GH. Cos of Man Utd love to wind Liverpool fans up, I know Man Utd can't stand GH. But what they did to GH was bloody disgraceful!
Stan Laurel
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby jonnymac1979 » Sun Mar 07, 2004 10:39 pm

I would like to start this post by saying I actually like Gerard Houllier.  Since I registered on this site back in August 2003, I have experienced emotional peaks and troughs in what has been another disappointing season.  It's amazing how the way this club performs can affect your day to day behaviour.

If you were to read back through all my posts you would see that I have never given the impression that I want Houllier out at all, at least not during the season.  If any decision has to be made, if he has to go, if he's going to go, I think it should wait until the end of the season.  Wait until then, let's face it, how much worse can it possibly get?  Weigh it up in the close season.  I don't know......rumour has it the decision has already been made.

A couple of things has happened in the last week or two, and here is my opinion.

I have a friend who has written books on Liverpool Football Club.  Today, I spoke to him.  He personally knows a respected journalist who will be a household name to most people on this site I would imagine.  I'll call him Mr X.

My friend and I were speaking about recent developments at the club and I asked him if there was any truth about the Dalglish rumour and so forth.......no comment.

What he did tell me about though, was that he had spoken to Mr X over the last week or so and he said that "I wouldn't put it past Houllier to have planted the death threat story in the press to buy himself sympathy."

Mr X also informed my friend that the death threats Michael Owen talks of receiving are "part and parcel of being in football and it comes with the territory", the difference being Owen is nonchalant (if that is a term to use describing a death threat) and gets them all the time, but Houllier is using this as a propaganda tool.

I'm not condoning the death threats, they are absolutely sick and have no part in football or life itself.  Let me make myself perfectly clear on that.  I hope nobody thinks I am out of place talking about death threats to other people as if they're nothing to be taken seriously as I sit in my comfortable safe flat on my PC.  God forbid myself or my family receive such a letter!  Houllier has opened a can of worms on the subject this week to reduce pressure on himself which Michael Owen has played down a bit wouldn't you agree?  That's an interesting point of conflict in itself worthy of a discussion in private i'll bet between the two men.

Again, I like Gerard Houllier, and it is one scenario I have chosen to share with you.  The other scenario being that this was a one off and it did scare Houllier enough to warrant the involvement of the police.  However if Houllier is using this as a media tool, and it is enough for even Michael Owen to pour cold water on it, saying it's not that big a deal, then you have to wonder (or not) about Gerard Houllier's position at the club.  It seems a little desparate to me.  And again, I like the guy.  The media are tough on him.  Look at the way they are writing their "darling" Alex Ferguson off (It pains me to put that ridiculous title before his name so I wont).   

This is second hand information I was told today, so you have to allow for distorted facts, but what to make of it I don't know???  I don't know what to think.  Does Houllier know he's hanging on by threads?
jonnymac1979

Postby REDTILLDEAD » Sun Mar 07, 2004 10:58 pm

GH is blind to the truth, he is living under the misconception that everythind in the garden is rosey?..and how dare anyone question his judgement on players, tactics, or his poor buys!!. he may have bought himself some time and sympathy by playing the "threat card"...but true fans will see through this as an attempt to divert the flack away from the truth!!. ???
"THERE ARE TWO GREAT FOOTBALL TEAMS IN LIVERPOOL"
  LIVERPOOL..........................AND LIVERPOOL RESERVES!
REDTILLDEAD
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby greenred » Sun Mar 07, 2004 11:07 pm

Have the police actually said that these letters are from Liverpool supporters? I mean,I could send a death threat to Alex Ferguson.Would they assume I was a Manc?Jesus,Ive just given myself an idea :D
ImageImageImage
greenred
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby REDTILLDEAD » Sun Mar 07, 2004 11:15 pm

I dunno?..but its strange how all this talk of death threats came out just after all the flack and calls for GHs head were banded about? :(
"THERE ARE TWO GREAT FOOTBALL TEAMS IN LIVERPOOL"
  LIVERPOOL..........................AND LIVERPOOL RESERVES!
REDTILLDEAD
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby jonnymac1979 » Sun Mar 07, 2004 11:23 pm

REDTILLDEAD wrote:I dunno?..but its strange how all this talk of death threats came out just after all the flack and calls for GHs head were banded about? :(

My point exactly........
jonnymac1979

Postby 82-1074641017 » Mon Mar 08, 2004 12:07 am

Although I want Houllier to go I think the death threats he has recieved are well out of order.  I do not back the idiots who have sent these despicable letters,
The fact is the manager does not deserve to have his life threatened.
At the end of the day this is  the wrong way of doing things.

Roberts
82-1074641017

Postby The Manhattan Project » Mon Mar 08, 2004 3:46 am

I also want Houllier to go, but whoever wrote that s##t at the training ground and sent him those death threats are complete ba#ta#ds.

It's just a f##king sport you c#nts!!!
china syndrome 80512640 reactor meltdown fusion element
no uniquely indefinable one 5918 identification unknown 113
source transmission 421 general panic hysteria 02 outbreak
foreign mutation 001505 maximum code destruction nuclear
reflection 01044 power plutonium helix atomic energy wave
The Manhattan Project
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby greenred » Mon Mar 08, 2004 11:55 am

How would they like it if we sent death threats to Ferguson and Keane? Scummy Mancs.
ImageImageImage
greenred
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ynwa » Mon Mar 08, 2004 12:10 pm

i hope they find the scum
walk on walk on with hope in your heart
rafalution
18/5
god is back
ynwa
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Next