Why we will win the champions league

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby stmichael » Thu Apr 14, 2005 3:28 pm

jesus, was my hangover bad this morning :D

anyway, back to the serious stuff. last night proved just why this is the greatest football club in the world. an injury ridden squad went to turin, stopped juventus scoring (not many teams do that) and went into the semi finals of the european cup.

THE PLAYERS ARE A CREDIT TO THEMSELVES, A CREDIT TO THE CLUB AND A CREDIT TO ENGLISH FOOTBALL :love:

i love it. i can see it now. the press will no doubt write us off AGAIN against chelsea and i'll love it when we beat them. forget all this b#llocks about them beating us 3 times this season, i've just got a feeling that we are going to win the champions league this season. :)

why? i don't know. the fact that we have got this far speaks volumes for the players and in particular the manager. to achieve what he has with such an injury ridden squad is nothing short of remarkable. last night, against all odds, was an absolutely magnificent display when a lot of players stood up to be counted.

there has been a lot of talk recently about igor biscan possibly being offered a 1 year contract extension. well i tell you what son, you deserve it after last night. claims that hyypia is finished is blatantly just garbage after his display over the 2 legs and as for jamie carragher, well i just run out of superlatives to describe the guy.

ask mourihno who he would rather play in the semis and i'm sure he would say juve (as strange as it may sound). with stevie back, alonso fit (what a f#cking player) and possibly even dijbril, we will have a great chance of getting through to the final. nevertheless, it will be great for english football to have an english team in the final for the first time since 1999.

lets just hope it's us.

YNWA
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby The_Rock » Thu Apr 14, 2005 3:35 pm

i said way back last year the we will win the champions league this season.......many dicks laughed.

Now we are only 3 matches from greatness..... anyone still doubting my prediction ?

but this does not hide the fact that i am focking pi$$ed with our domestic form.... :angry:
A Genius Billionaire Playboy Philanthropist
The_Rock
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby JC_81 » Thu Apr 14, 2005 5:15 pm

The_Rock wrote:i said way back last year the we will win the champions league this season.......many dicks laughed.

Now we are only 3 matches from greatness..... anyone still doubting my prediction ?

but this does not hide the fact that i am focking pi$$ed with our domestic form.... :angry:

think most people would have laughed at that sort of prediction, doesn't make them dicks

bottom line is that we are an unpredictable side, and today is not the day to whinge about our domestic form, just enjoy the fact that we have just knocked out one of the best teams in the world
JC_81
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Leonmc0708 » Thu Apr 14, 2005 5:20 pm

The_Rock wrote:Now we are only 3 matches from greatness..... anyone still doubting my prediction ?

Please do not use stupid phrases like that, you know what happened last timt those words where used to term our potential !!
JUSTICE FOR THE 96

Leonmc0708
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby smashed » Thu Apr 14, 2005 6:25 pm

The_Rock wrote:i said way back last year the we will win the champions league this season.......many dicks laughed.

Jaysus. You are two wingers, two defenders and a stiker from greatness. Don't let this go to your head you still hve a squad of average players. If Juve bothered to turn up last night you would not be in the last 4.
smashed

Postby Ciggy » Thu Apr 14, 2005 6:36 pm

smashed wrote:

Jaysus. You are two wingers, two defenders and a stiker from greatness. Don't let this go to your head you still hve a squad of average players. If Juve bothered to turn up last night you would not be in the last 4.

Give this man a pint of bitter :D
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby smashed » Thu Apr 14, 2005 6:42 pm

cisses_gona_get_ya wrote:
smashed wrote:

Give this man a pint of bitter :D

Me or the Rock?
smashed

Postby 7_Kewell » Thu Apr 14, 2005 7:37 pm

1978--- welsh rugby grand slam , the pope dies ,liverpool lose in final of league cup b4 going on to win European Cup.
Liverpool fc..european champions

2005--- welsh rugby grand slam , the pope dies ,liverpool lose in final of league cup
Euorpean Champions ???

scary isn't it?! :Oo:  :suspect:
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby the return of HAS » Thu Apr 14, 2005 7:38 pm

7_Kewell wrote:1978--- welsh rugby grand slam , the pope dies ,liverpool lose in final of league cup b4 going on to win European Cup.
Liverpool fc..european champions

2005--- welsh rugby grand slam , the pope dies ,liverpool lose in final of league cup
Euorpean Champions ???

scary isn't it?! :Oo:  :suspect:

Doh!
"We’ve got a lot of Cockneys in the team, but really, it doesn’t matter where they’re from – we’re all playing for Liverpool.” Robbie Fowler
the return of HAS
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby JBG » Thu Apr 14, 2005 8:54 pm

smashed wrote:

Yeah, Juventus had absolutely no interest in winning the Champions League.

Well beaten at Old Trafford, well beaten at the San Siro.

Take your beating, lad.
Jolly Bob Grumbine.
JBG
LFC Elite Member

Postby jonnymac1979 » Thu Apr 14, 2005 8:56 pm

smashed wrote:Jaysus. You are two wingers, two defenders and a stiker from greatness. Don't let this go to your head you still hve a squad of average players. If Juve bothered to turn up last night you would not be in the last 4.

Who the f*ck is this di*k?
jonnymac1979

Postby JBG » Thu Apr 14, 2005 9:02 pm

Jonny: Man UTD fans often come here to tell us how ****** we are, how many Premierships they've won blah blah blah.

Why? They look at the record books and see that bar the FA Cup (and the one Cup Winners Cup they have) they are behind us in every title winners table.

That burns hard in the hearts of every Manc, or at least in those that aren't considering jumping on the Chelsea bandwagon. :D
Jolly Bob Grumbine.
JBG
LFC Elite Member

Postby A.B. » Thu Apr 14, 2005 9:49 pm

Jaysus. You are two wingers, two defenders and a stiker from greatness. Don't let this go to your head you still hve a squad of average players. If Juve bothered to turn up last night you would not be in the last 4

So if we are 5 players from greatness and in the CL then you must be 11 players from greatness and a manager because you're out.

Juventus an easy opponent? Why were they the favourites to win the competion if they are such an easy opponent? A side who only conceded two goals before playing us and winning all but one or two matches. Yes really easy opponent, then what does that make Norwich City?
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby zarababe » Thu Apr 14, 2005 9:53 pm

... I think our name is on the Cup..

.. BTW oooh noooo Newcastle are loosing.. wud like them to get thru to the UEFA semi's.. but Sporting are running riot 3-1 (3-2) soo exciting though :D
THE BRENDAN REVOLUTION IS UPON US !

KING KENNY.. Always LEGEND !

RAFA.. MADE THE PEOPLE HAPPY !

Miss YOU Phil-Drummer - RIP YNWA

zarababe
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby The Manhattan Project » Thu Apr 14, 2005 10:05 pm

Bye Bye Newcastle.

:D  :laugh:  :D
china syndrome 80512640 reactor meltdown fusion element
no uniquely indefinable one 5918 identification unknown 113
source transmission 421 general panic hysteria 02 outbreak