Djimi traore... - What am i missing?

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby 115-1073096938 » Mon Oct 03, 2005 11:55 am

His stupidity and lack of ability cost us the first goal.

That changed the mentallity of the game completely. Joke of a player. Not good enough at all.
115-1073096938

Postby ynwa » Mon Oct 03, 2005 12:00 pm

i dont see him at anfield for that much longer he strugles to defend at times
walk on walk on with hope in your heart
rafalution
18/5
god is back
ynwa
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby bigmick » Mon Oct 03, 2005 12:19 pm

I wondered how long it would take before the blame for our defeat got shovelled onto one player. It had to be Traore (because his rash challenge gave the first goal away), Hyppia (because he was on the scene as we conceded most of the goals) or Crouch (because fior various reasons Chelsea adjusted their tactics to make him less effective). I'm sorry but I don't go along with it. We were beaten by a superior team yesterday and I think we contributed to outr downfall with various mistakes and arguably with our set-up but it wasn't one players fault.
For the first goal, Traore was a bit unlucky to be fair. Nobody could accuse him of trying to over elaborate, he attempted to put it into row Z with his clearance. Drogba got the bounce of the ball, off his hands (for me in that situation with those consequences, when a player gains control of the ball as a result of the ball hitting his hands whether intentional or not, it should be handball) and then was astute in getting in between Traore and the ball. Traore's tackle was a terrible one so I can only conclude that he made a bad mistake. He wasn't the only one yesterday but given that we equalized the goal he "gave away" and then went on to be the better side afterwards, it's hard to accept that his mastake cost us the game.
All goals in football are important, but Chelsea's second yesterday was the one which defined the game. This is true both in the change to the scoreline and in the fact that it came just before half-time. The culprit for that one? Nobody's mentioned it on here but it was Luis Garcia, one of my favorite players. As Duff broke through our depleted midfield with the ball the alarm bells were ringing off their mounts. Garcia tracked him but Duff cleverly got his body in between the tracker by getting accross him. "Have him over FFS" was the call, but no Duff progressed, offloaded then eventually scored.
Traore was at fault for the first goal. Traore is poor in posession of the football. Traore is not the reason we lost yesterday.
"se e in una bottigla ed e bianco, e latte".
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby red37 » Mon Oct 03, 2005 12:27 pm

no mick he isnt the 'sole' reason we lost yesterday...but the first two statements in this quote, on its own and as it reads out......
[quote] "Traore was at fault for the first goal. Traore is poor in posession of the football. Traore is not the reason we lost yesterday." .....

doesnt do much for the case for his defence.

TITANS of HOPE
red37
LFC Guru Member

Postby daddyo » Mon Oct 03, 2005 1:45 pm

Traore is a defender.
He is happiest just plain defending.
Don't ask him to go forward, overlap, join in play in the opposition half or any of that kinda stuff, he just wants to defend.

Also i'm with Stu on this-he's just not prem. quality. Put him in The championship and my guess is that (once he settles) he'll look good-good enough even for people to question why we released him, but the acid test for me is to compare him with the LB of the 'other 3'  i.e Del Horno, Heinze and Ashley Cole.
Either of those teams wouldn't give you a thanks for Traore yet we would snatch the hand off for any of the aforementioned.??? ???
daddyo

Postby 115-1073096938 » Mon Oct 03, 2005 1:59 pm

He's not even half the player Warnock is.

Don't give me this :censored: about experience either. Its :censored:. If you're good enough, you're experienced enough. Owen at 17 had no experience, just class. It shows. It stands out like a saw thumb.

Fowler was the same at 18, Gerrard at 19. Houllier released Ince (who had all the experience in the world) because he had a better player in Gerrard.

Warnock isn't in the players mentioned above class, he's more in Carraghers class. But he's still a damn good player and 100 times better than Traore.

I lost count of the number of times Hyypia was dragged all over the place yesterday down to Traore being out of position. Sami had a hard game yesterday, the whole defence was shocking, but Traore was the worst of the lot and has to go. He simply isn't anywhere near good enough.
115-1073096938

Postby Garymac » Mon Oct 03, 2005 2:05 pm

Like ive always said Traore aint good enough, he DID cost us the game Chelsea where doing no attacking whatsoever up till the point of the goal which came from not 1 but 2 schoolboy errors from Traore, he is a fuc*ing liability and always will be, to anyone who thinks hes learnt a fu*kin think, he aint, he constantly makes mistakes. Ive had enough of this lad supposedly about to come good, the only good thing about him staying here is Everton had to look for a other left back and have found the worse one there is.

And daddyo, You say traore is a DEFENDER, dont make me fu*king laugh, and dont people come on here and tell me im not a true fan and that i should be getting behind are players because players like Traore need to be told there not good enough, ill gladly stick up for players who are good but have bad games but imo theres no defending Traore amymore.
Garymac
LFC Super Member

Postby JC_81 » Mon Oct 03, 2005 2:34 pm

Stu and Garymac, you're both right.  A blind man could see that Traore isn't good enough for LFC.  His mistake for the pen DID change the whole game.  We had set out not to concede and try and nick a goal.  Our 4-5-1, whether you like it or not, is not designed for chasing games, if you go one down you're up against it, especially against a defence like Chelsea's.

Hyypia had a poor game, but that was partly because he was having to cover for Traore who was CONSTANTLY caught out of position.  It happened a few times on Wednesday too and I said we had to bring Warnock back for Sunday. 

But for some reason Benitez rates this fool, I cannot believe he offered him a new deal over the summer.  A couple of decent performances in Europe last year does not warrant getting a 4yr contract handed to you.  Traore is garbage in the fast-paced prem because he can't deal with forwards pressurising him when he's in possession, it cost us yesterday and it'll cost us again if Benitez insists on playing him.

Benitez makes more good decisions than bad ones, but giving Traore a new deal and playing him in big games is suicide.  He is a liability, always has been and always will be.  How many times do we have to be punished before the management realises this?

And don't give me all this 'you can't blame one player' rubbish.  The team was poor in general yesterday, but Traore was by FAR the worst player on the pitch.  Criticise me all you like about moaning about Traore, but it's a fact, he shouldn't be seen in a Liverpool shirt again.
JC_81
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Tony S » Mon Oct 03, 2005 2:56 pm

i have to agree with the opinion that Traore is absolubte horseshi*. He has always been a liabilty for the team and the odd last ditch tackle or clearance off the line does not make up for that.

reagrdless of his attitude (for fu**sake hes a professional of couse he should have a good attitude) he is no where near the being a lfc standard player.

As your self this (all those who still think he has something to offer)- would he even get into the top 3 teams last year's squads? In my opinion selling him to everton (or anyone else) last year would have been the second best deal we have done after getting rid of nunez and diouf.

Cummon guys we are LFC- any player who wears our shirt has to be worthy!

Tony S
Tony S

Postby 115-1073096938 » Mon Oct 03, 2005 4:11 pm

I'm glad other people can see it.
115-1073096938

Postby supersub » Mon Oct 03, 2005 5:23 pm

It's laughable sometimes how one player can be the reason for other players getting away with a stinker.Hyypia had a shocker,and not just because he was covering for Traore,but because just about every pass he attempted went to a blue shirt or went out of play.Djimi Traore may not be good enough for Liverpool,but is shines out like a beleasher beacon,that Sami Hyypia is going down hill fast.We need another centre-half to take a little pressure off the over-worked Carragher.
THERE'S A GREAT BIG BEAUTIFUL TOMORROW SHINING AT THE END OF EVERY DAY.
THERE'S A GREAT BIG BEAUTIFUL TOMORROW AND TOMORROW IS JUST A DREAM AWAY.
supersub
Forum Moderator

Postby red37 » Mon Oct 03, 2005 6:44 pm

supersub wrote:Djimi Traore may not be good enough for Liverpool,but is shines out like a beleasher beacon,that Sami Hyypia is going down hill fast.We need another centre-half to take a little pressure off the over-worked Carragher.

very true. alongside the over-working gerrard and the (soon to be) over-used crouch.

TITANS of HOPE
red37
LFC Guru Member

Postby Tony S » Mon Oct 03, 2005 9:12 pm

agreed, Hyypia needs replacing- as rafa has always said we need a cb and a right mid- lets just hope he get the ones he wants in the transfer window>>>

Tony S
Tony S

Postby whylongball? » Mon Oct 03, 2005 10:59 pm

why blame Traore?
It was the coach who picked up a team and the formation and  i really dont think it was a best selection and formation.This 451 just so rigid cos we dont have decent wingers ,not at all, who can run down the flanks!!A left back who is fast but exposed his teammate instead of covering for him. An ineffective Garcia played the whole game wasting possession.....And a good striker seat wasted on the bench  ???
whylongball?

Postby vlady16.1 » Mon Oct 03, 2005 11:39 pm

:angry: i'm going to send traore a bill for the beer i was forced to drink yesterday

forgive me but i blame him for the first 3 goals:: 1 his fault amateur     2- where was he  sammi had the flu and djimi's nowhere to be found he should have covered sammi's left all day   3 -- again where was he

i watched him do a 'run' and then walk back -- what's that?? i'm sorry but we were up against chelsea not a div 3 team

i'm sorry he is terrible and should be just cut -- my buddy (spur fan) couldn't believe it either -- he was swearing at the tv too

it makes me so angry - sammi is ill for 3 days and this idiot doesn't just stick to his left butcheeck -- i mean he's useless on attack on defence -- he was chelsea's best player -- enuff enuff -- i'm turning red
vlady16.1

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion