traore
17%
carragher(if riise plays as lb)
25%
biscan
8%

Total votes : 12

Postby 115-1073096938 » Fri Mar 05, 2004 1:01 am

I think the consensus among analyists, supporters, journalists and former Liverpool greats was that Houllier would have to play a more open game to go to the next level.

this is where i disagree.

The italian teams play like this and we reached 80 points in the league. Like i've said in the past... personel was the problem... not the tactics.

Steven Gerrard is on another level all together now to what he was at the time, Kewell is a far better player than Smicer in almost EVERY aspect of the game. The defence are suited to that style of play. It brings the best out of Owen as you are utilising his pace and movement (his main strengths) and you also use Gerrard and Hamanns ball winning skills along with Murphy's work rate.

The main problem wasn't the "lack of width" the side created. It was the lack of someone who was able to use the width. Losing Anelka hit us hard aswell... that was a mistake imo BUT i can fully understand Houlliers reasoning for that particular decision and i say fair play he had the balls to make it.
115-1073096938

Postby redstorm » Fri Mar 05, 2004 5:40 am

If liverpool can get any of these it would be good: Mexes, Boumsong, Hofland, Van buyten.
the best is yet to come..
redstorm

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion