Hyypia just a thought

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby DAV » Tue Dec 20, 2005 2:33 pm

I seem to think that when the transfer window opens a new defender will come in (which we need)
But poor old hyypia will be left on the bench for much of the remaining season.
I hope not as i don't see a problem with our starting defence, and think Hyypia as been great this season along side Carragher.
But of course managers have their own ideas and methods.

Just a thought
DAV
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby murphy0151 » Tue Dec 20, 2005 2:54 pm

shammmmmone
murphy0151
LFC Super Member

Postby Ola Mr Benitez » Tue Dec 20, 2005 3:05 pm

I don't think Sammi will lose his place.  I think Raffa will probably rotate the centrebacks.  At the present Carra and Sammi play every game!  FA cup, Carling Cup (when we where in it), European games and Premiership. 

This is too much for 2 players, never to be given a rest and quite possibly having to play when they have knocks or are not feeling well (Sammi had been throwing up all night before the game against Chelsea). 

A new CB would mean that these 2 warriors are given a chance to recover and shold make our squad stronger!
Our job is simple, to support the club, not just parts of the club that are easy to support, but every one who plays a part, that includes ALL players.  We are stronger when we are all walking in the same direction. Walk On
Ola Mr Benitez

Postby jonnymac1979 » Tue Dec 20, 2005 3:13 pm

Hyypia wasn't happy last season when Pellegrino was brought in as cover and if you remember, Benitez played Pellegrino in the league games for a while.

According to Guillem Ballagues book, Hyypia didn't take kindly to this at all behind the scenes and was unhappy with Rafa.  What it DID do though was give Hyypia a kick up the arse, and although he's still short of pace (did he ever have any) he's still adapted to playing a higher defensive line up the pitch and still looks the business. 

As our midfield has been doing it's job excellently over the last couple of months on this great run we have just had by stopping attacks through the middle (apart from the Sao Paulo goal recently), the opposing teams have resorted to pumping high balls into the air which is all day fodder for Hyypia and Carragher.  They don't miss one of them between them.  He's still very able to do the job required at the moment.

Should Rafa bring somebody in in January, which I believe he will, (it's a simple fact, we need cover there), it will be even more competition for places.
jonnymac1979

Postby 7_Kewell » Tue Dec 20, 2005 3:20 pm

According to Guillem Ballagues book, Hyypia didn't take kindly to this at all behind the scenes and was unhappy with Rafa.  What it DID do though was give Hyypia a kick up the :censored:, and although he's still short of pace (did he ever have any) he's still adapted to playing a higher defensive line up the pitch and still looks the business. 

That's very true.  The arrival of another defender did force Hypia to raise his game....and raised it he has.  Thing is, we need another defender because all we need at the moment is 1 injury to mess up our defence.
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 115-1073096938 » Tue Dec 20, 2005 3:34 pm

Hyypia must be replaced. What good is a defence thats conceeded 10 competative goals in 24 games and managed to keep 18 clean sheets?

He must go now. :laugh:
115-1073096938

Postby LiverpoolMadman » Tue Dec 20, 2005 3:35 pm

Hypia has been a great player for LIverpool but he's getting older now .... we need one or two CB , he will understand and should accept that .
LiverpoolMadman

Postby 115-1073096938 » Tue Dec 20, 2005 3:44 pm

LiverpoolMadman wrote:Hypia has been a great player for LIverpool but he's getting older now .... we need one or two CB , he will understand and should accept that .

Don't talk rubbish.
115-1073096938

Postby taff » Tue Dec 20, 2005 3:51 pm

stu_the_red wrote:
LiverpoolMadman wrote:Hypia has been a great player for LIverpool but he's getting older now .... we need one or two CB , he will understand and should accept that .

Don't talk rubbish.

Been away for six months and Stu I must say your patience and vocabularly have improved  :D

Oh by the way, I reckon Hypia will be first team for the rest of the season then probably wont be next season but the question is WHO will replace him.
taff
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 115-1073096938 » Tue Dec 20, 2005 3:53 pm

Taff where have ya been lad, i noticed a while ago you hadn't been on. :)
115-1073096938

Postby taff » Tue Dec 20, 2005 3:58 pm

Left my job and havent got a PC plus went wandering the earth for a bit like Kung Fu.  Ive been self employed so havent had the chance to log on. Hoping to be more regular in the new year.  Hope all is well with you Stu :)

Seen the team a few times this season and must say they look strong.  There have been some good articles in the papers lately about why is LFC being ignored and the talk is still Man Utd and Arsenal chasing Chelsea, well maybe not after Sunday.

But I am happy for us to just get on with it whilst reading about other clubs.  JBG was right with his it will click this season prediction
taff
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 2520years » Tue Dec 20, 2005 4:21 pm

Hyppia will be glad of the rest as long as he doesn't lose his place for every game, which appeared to be the case when Pelle started playing.  He's been one of our greatest bargains in recent years.  If Rio Ferdinand is worth £28m Hyppia must be worth over £35m!
My earliest memory.
2520years

Postby Cool Hand Luke » Tue Dec 20, 2005 5:56 pm

I am all for bringing in another quality centre back who will eventually be the take Sami’s place, but dropping Hyypia would be stupidity in its greatest form.

I expect a new centre back to arrive, but if it were up to me he would have to bide his time, he will get some games through injury, suspension, exhaustion or loss of form and may even be first team by the time the season is up. It will be a chance for him to settle in at the club and in the county away from the limelight, then in pre season we will have Carragher, Hyypia and the new centre back fighting for 2 spots.

That sounds good to me.

i think yes what about you
Cool Hand Luke
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 115-1073096938 » Tue Dec 20, 2005 5:57 pm

Cool Hand Luke wrote:I am all for bringing in another quality centre back who will eventually be the take Sami’s place, but dropping Hyypia would be stupidity in its greatest form.

I expect a new centre back to arrive, but if it were up to me he would have to bide his time, he will get some games through injury, suspension, exhaustion or loss of form and may even be first team by the time the season is up. It will be a chance for him to settle in at the club and in the county away from the limelight, then in pre season we will have Carragher, Hyypia and the new centre back fighting for 2 spots.

That sounds good to me.

Well said. :)

If the new centre half has the ability to replace Sami then he'll be worth it. However, theres NOTHING wrong with the defence at the moment. So why change it?
115-1073096938

Postby Cool Hand Luke » Tue Dec 20, 2005 5:57 pm

P.S. Rotating centre backs is the most stupid idea I have ever heard. The defence and keeper should be the same week in week out unless there is an injury, suspension or exhaustion.

i think yes what about you
Cool Hand Luke
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Next

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion