Lazio want hyypia

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby REDTILLDEAD » Fri Mar 18, 2005 7:34 pm

NCRedFan7 wrote:Hey, ya gotta swing at the pitches sometimes or you'll never get a hit....

And for all you Brits, just imagine cricket instead of baseball and the analogy works just fine.

Speaking of....one thought I had last summer while watching cricket (and trust me, thinking during cricket takes effort): they could REALLY speed up the games by having TWO BOWLERS and have them rotate.  Have one ready to throw the next pitch right after the first has thrown.  Repeat.

Don't get me wrong, I love cricket, but the fact that it takes not hours but DAYS is a lil' ridiculous.

-NCRedFan7

Fukk baseball/cricket you muppet!..were talking football here not "nancy sports" :oh:
"THERE ARE TWO GREAT FOOTBALL TEAMS IN LIVERPOOL"
  LIVERPOOL..........................AND LIVERPOOL RESERVES!
REDTILLDEAD
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby yckatbjywtbiastkamb » Fri Mar 18, 2005 7:53 pm

REDTILLDEAD wrote:
NCRedFan7 wrote:Hey, ya gotta swing at the pitches sometimes or you'll never get a hit....

And for all you Brits, just imagine cricket instead of baseball and the analogy works just fine.

Speaking of....one thought I had last summer while watching cricket (and trust me, thinking during cricket takes effort): they could REALLY speed up the games by having TWO BOWLERS and have them rotate.  Have one ready to throw the next pitch right after the first has thrown.  Repeat.

Don't get me wrong, I love cricket, but the fact that it takes not hours but DAYS is a lil' ridiculous.

-NCRedFan7

Fukk baseball/cricket you muppet!..were talking football here not "nancy sports" :oh:

hey man crickets not a nancy sport, in fact its the complete opposite. have you felt the weight of a cricket ball? its like a ****** house brick and twice as hard. half of these so called footy hard men would ****** themselves with that thing flying past their noses at 100 mph, half of them get a tap on the ankle and they roll around like ponces.
years ago england had a player called brian close and we played the west indies and they absolutley mullered him with bouncers to the body and head. brian refused to wear a helmet.
he looked like he`d been ten rounds with tyson and joe louis combined, though he was black and blue all over and with blood trickling down his arms onto his gloves poor old brian hardly batted an eyelid. he fought not to show the pain where as these bunch of prima donna`s ham it up big time when they break a toe nail.

You Can Shoot All The Blue Jays You Want To But Its A Sin To Kill A Mocking Bird
yckatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Super Member

Postby NCRedFan7 » Fri Mar 18, 2005 8:25 pm

Amen.  Everyone wants a team that the coach HAS to take them out of the game because they sure won't leave the pitch of their own will.  I mean, who doesn't love a player that's the equivalent of the Black Knight?  "Just a flesh wound!"

I'm a lacrosse goalie, you don't have to tell me about pain.  Take that hard as a brick ball thrown at 95mph in the ankles and shins for a whole game and see how tough you are!

-NCRedFan7
NCRedFan7

Postby Juventino » Fri Mar 18, 2005 8:38 pm

stmichael wrote:lazio are about £200 million in debt aren't they? ???

I ain't sure, I don't remember, but they are going to lose more money as the "decreto salva calcio" wich was suppose to let some italian teams helped by the state, has been declared illegal by the European court...
They already had to sell their best players last year: Corradi, Fiore, Stam and so on... I think they are going down some time soon, just like Servette or Fiorentina.
Real Madrid for Hyppia  :devil: ?
Juventino

Postby Ciggy » Fri Mar 18, 2005 8:40 pm

Hyypia wont cost that much anyway 1-2 million ???
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby woof woof ! » Fri Mar 18, 2005 8:48 pm

NCRedFan7 wrote:Don't get me wrong, I love cricket, but the fact that it takes not hours but DAYS is a lil' ridiculous.

-NCRedFan7

I'm not a cricket fan but I do think a game that takes four days to play while the spectators sleep ,read a couple of books and have the odd beer is something only us brits could have invented and I'm proud of it .It was the foreunner to Monty Python.

:D

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby yckatbjywtbiastkamb » Fri Mar 18, 2005 8:56 pm

NCRedFan7 wrote:Amen.  Everyone wants a team that the coach HAS to take them out of the game because they sure won't leave the pitch of their own will.  I mean, who doesn't love a player that's the equivalent of the Black Knight?  "Just a flesh wound!"

I'm a lacrosse goalie, you don't have to tell me about pain.  Take that hard as a brick ball thrown at 95mph in the ankles and shins for a whole game and see how tough you are!

-NCRedFan7

was that the sport that had its origins with the native indians in america?

You Can Shoot All The Blue Jays You Want To But Its A Sin To Kill A Mocking Bird
yckatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Super Member

Postby Zanzibar » Fri Mar 18, 2005 10:04 pm

Lazio havent money for buy players....
Zanzibar

Postby Zanzibar » Fri Mar 18, 2005 10:06 pm

stmichael wrote:lazio are about £200 million in debt aren't they? ???

400 milion €
Zanzibar

Postby NCRedFan7 » Fri Mar 18, 2005 10:29 pm

yckatbjywtbiastkamb wrote:
NCRedFan7 wrote:Amen.  Everyone wants a team that the coach HAS to take them out of the game because they sure won't leave the pitch of their own will.  I mean, who doesn't love a player that's the equivalent of the Black Knight?  "Just a flesh wound!"

-NCRedFan7

was that the sport that had its origins with the native indians in america?

Yeah, but then it was called "Baggataway."  It was referred to as "little brother of war."  Basically, if two tribes had beef with each other but not bad enough to actually want to go to war with each other, they would challenge each other in Baggataway.  Basicaly no rules, unlimited number of players, goals a couple of miles apart.

Talk about BRUTAL!

-NCRedFan7
NCRedFan7

Postby JBG » Fri Mar 18, 2005 11:56 pm

Juventino wrote:I think they are going down some time soon, just like Servette or Fiorentina.

Alas, poor Servette.

How the mighty have fallen.
Jolly Bob Grumbine.
JBG
LFC Elite Member

Postby Juventino » Sat Mar 19, 2005 12:41 am

Yep, no more interesting games in my town now :(
Juventino

Postby LiverpoolMadman » Sat Mar 19, 2005 8:11 am

If Lazio is in deep "******", we can exchange one or two of their players, right ?
LiverpoolMadman

Postby est1900 » Sat Apr 02, 2005 11:59 am

LiverpoolMadman wrote:If Lazio is in deep "******", we can exchange one or two of their players, right ?

What about Biscan? :oops:
est1900

Postby est1900 » Sat Apr 02, 2005 12:10 pm

Juventino wrote:I seriously doubt that Lazio has the funds... They couldn't be closer to bankrupt according to La Gazzetta...

Senti falla finita, e parla del tuo scempio, di tifoso juventino.
est1900

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion