Whats with all the idiots all of a sudden?

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Dalglish » Sun Aug 29, 2004 11:44 pm

Lets face facts here, the media is NEVER going to portray us a good light . However they don't need to put a slant on LFC when we play as poorly as we did today.

A few positives were the performances of Alonso and Josemi although for me Carragher was probably our best player. Alonso looked assured and comfortable on the ball and is a very similar player to Hamann so an able replacement for Dietmar. Garcia was OK with glimpses of his obvious ability.

I was disappointed with the team play though and unlike Chelsea, who also have bought half a team over the summer and played them we lack the inventiveness and defensive know how at the moment. Losing Sami so early was a blow but Trare did Ok despite his panning on here in other threads.

Dudek's a big worry and is obviously playing with little confidence.
Dalglish
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby A.B. » Sun Aug 29, 2004 11:45 pm

Dudek obiviously needs to improve, it would be great if Kirkland can stay injury free and take Dudek's place. I'd pick Kirkland over Dudek for any game.
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby Dalglish » Sun Aug 29, 2004 11:51 pm

Kirkland will walk into the team on his return but the worry is how long he can stay fit for ?

Defensively we are subscetible and every game have conceded in all 3 of our Prem games.

Midfield today was the biggest disappointment, no invention, poor passing and obvious they haven't played together before. that wil improve but it's EITHER Alonso or Hamann but not BOTH.

They are essentialy the same type of player and I can't help but feel Gerard was a little miffed when pushed out to rght wing for the second half to accommadate Hamann and Alonso.
Dalglish
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby A.B. » Sun Aug 29, 2004 11:55 pm

Dalglish wrote:Kirkland will walk into the team on his return but the worry is how long he can stay fit for ?

Defensively we are subscetible and every game have conceded in all 3 of our Prem games.

Midfield today was the biggest disappointment, no invention, poor passing and obvious they haven't played together before. that wil improve but it's EITHER Alonso or Hamann but not BOTH.

They are essentialy the same type of player and I can't help but feel Gerard was a little miffed when pushed out to rght wing for the second half to accommadate Hamann and Alonso.

I just hope that Rafa won't pull a Houllier on us and play players in the wrong position.

Kirkland

Josemi-Carragher-Hyppia-Riise (if we sign that Spanish defencive player than I don't know who he woud replace)

Alonso-Gerrard-Garcia-Nunez

Cisse-Baros [Shearer/Mista,whoever signs]
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby Piewhack » Mon Aug 30, 2004 12:00 am

Hey when i said that some of the threads were pointless i meant that there have been alot of multiple posting going on.  I'm not slaggin anyones opinion at all!  just wish people would look before posting new topics.
Besides im a newbie myself, only been on this here forum since july :)
Piewhack
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Dalglish » Mon Aug 30, 2004 12:02 am

A.B. wrote:Josemi-Carragher-Hyppia-Riise (if we sign that Spanish defencive player than I don't know who he woud replace)

Although there isn't a player with a bigger heart than Carragher he isn't a central defender. Decent Squad player who can be utilised in a variety of positions but not quite up to the stabdard to be a top drawer CB.

Rise is defensively poor and his position is by no means guarnateed. Thought he played well midweek against Graz but always does when we are the attacking side.

Josemi is probably the best LFC player this season so far.

Hypiia , get well soon and should be back in a fortnight.
Dalglish
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Dalglish » Mon Aug 30, 2004 12:03 am

Piewhack wrote:Hey when i said that some of the threads were pointless i meant that there have been alot of multiple posting going on.  I'm not slaggin anyones opinion at all!  just wish people would look before posting new topics.
Besides im a newbie myself, only been on this here forum since july :)

No problem mate , I'm only posting on ONE , this one  :D
Dalglish
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby A.B. » Mon Aug 30, 2004 12:04 am

Dalglish wrote:
A.B. wrote:Josemi-Carragher-Hyppia-Riise (if we sign that Spanish defencive player than I don't know who he woud replace)

Although there isn't a player with a bigger heart than Carragher he isn't a central defender. Decent Squad player who can be utilised in a variety of positions but not quite up to the stabdard to be a top drawer CB.

Rise is defensively poor and his position is by no means guarnateed. Thought he played well midweek against Graz but always does when we are the attacking side.

Josemi is probably the best LFC player this season so far.

Hypiia , get well soon and should be back in a fortnight.

Well atleast Carragher is better than Finnan. Riise has his bad days but he isn't horrible. Josemi and Hyppia are the best in the defence.
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby XSD » Mon Aug 30, 2004 12:05 am

When you register to a forum you have to accept all the good and bad of it. Pointless to complain, and don't say it's just recent because there is no such thing as a forum without a few idiots in it.
XSD
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Piewhack » Mon Aug 30, 2004 12:10 am

thats true.. forum's wouldn't be the same without the extra aggro that some 'idiots' cause.  Beside's some of the more interesting threads included heated arguments mainly with hustler.  What a laugh-riot :)
Piewhack
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby kindaconfuzed » Mon Aug 30, 2004 10:49 am

A&B

Re the "old fart" comment.

I don't have a problem with your comments  cos I know they were a bit bum in cheek, sorry should have said tongue in cheek :cool:
I'll take on board yer problem but not yer anger
If it aint funny it aint right
I used to have an avatar of a girl rubbing her breasts but it was considered sexist - guys can you just imagine
Still waitin for the call for the ELITE MEMBERS DISCUSSION (forms in the post?)
kindaconfuzed
LFC Elite Member

Postby JBG » Mon Aug 30, 2004 12:45 pm

:D

Stu takes these things so personally.

However, he has a major point in what he says about some of the outlandish reactionary opinions from a lot of posters lately.
Jolly Bob Grumbine.
JBG
LFC Elite Member

Postby anfieldadorer » Mon Aug 30, 2004 12:50 pm

stu_the_red wrote:Theres loadsa morons posting ******, writing players off after one game, saying how we're gonna finish mid table, saying how stupid we are to go with one upfront etc etc.

Where have all these stains come from?

The lack of knowledge on here recently has become offensive and shocking to say the least.

Principally agred
anfieldadorer
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby simic_ie » Mon Aug 30, 2004 1:48 pm

anfieldadorer wrote:
stu_the_red wrote:Theres loadsa morons posting ******, writing players off after one game, saying how we're gonna finish mid table, saying how stupid we are to go with one upfront etc etc.

Where have all these stains come from?

The lack of knowledge on here recently has become offensive and shocking to say the least.

Principally agred

Yeah I'll  second that Anfield Adorer, I'm just back form hols and to be honest I don't recognise half the posters here now... its only been 2 weeks for chrissakes.
“It was my first of the season, my last of the season, my best of the season and the one I will remember for ever.”

- Vladi Smicer after scoring in the CL Final

"I'm not a believer in fate..... until tonight, they're going to win it!"
-  Liam Brady after extra time of CL Final
simic_ie
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby mynameisred » Mon Aug 30, 2004 2:00 pm

Im happy that GH is coming to watch the games, as someone else posted he nearly died trying to deliver us what we wanted. This guy loves our club and we should be proud that such a man was able to feel such a way. You reckon Sir Bobby will be about at St James, I doubt it. Even if the comment about dying was tongue in cheek it was well harsh and I think Ive lost a little respect for those who wish such a thing, I mean what the hell is he going to do anyway. Its not like he is gloating.
The man who came to merseyside from Newcastle, the man who says he's part of Liverpool as much as the Liver building. When he was needed Alan Kennedy was there. And with now just 8 minutes to go it could be that Alan Kennedy has made a little history.
mynameisred
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion