What still bugs you to this day?

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Effes » Thu Aug 09, 2007 10:14 am

When Dalglish left - the club could have easily let him take the rest of the season off after Hillsborough
and everything.
Kenny says he would have come back - that marked the end of 30 years domination.
Matt McQueen - Liverpool 1892-1928.
Only professional to - play in goal (41 appearances), Defence, Midfield, Striker, and later be Director and then to be Manager (winning a Championship) - at one club
Effes
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ade » Thu Aug 09, 2007 10:16 am

woof woof ! wrote:I'm still recovering from the FA cup final loss to Wimbledon. I was in a bar in Thailand at the time having an absolute ball. The match came on the TV and it turned into one of the worst days of my life EVER :(  .

I was at Wembley for that game Woof, and TBH, that was probably one of those games that was worse to watch on TV than to see live. There was an almost surreal atmosphere that day, cos there were about 80,000 reds and 5,000 Wimbledon fans, the whole stadium was red, and yet as the game went on you could just see the Cup slipping away.

The atmosphere was almost like, "Oh well, ugly football, ugly players, Vinnie Jones, but still a bit of a fairytale for a club from Plough Lane to be beating us in the FA Cup final". Most reds I met that day were pretty philosophical about it.
Ade
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby burjennio » Thu Aug 09, 2007 10:20 am

96 dont bother me so much, was at uni and wasted at the time and it wa the worst final in the history of the world, plus, at least we looked cool 

You must have missed the Utd Chelsea final in May  :sleep

The worst thing about the 96 final was that we pi$$ed all over them twice that season (Robbed at Old trafford when we played superbly) but we played so negatively in the final instead of our attacking game which was , imo, better than theirs at that time

I also hate it when Manufeckinited keep coming to Anfield and WINNING  :veryangry
burjennio

Postby muttleyp » Thu Aug 09, 2007 10:21 am

Losing the league in 89 against Arsenal the manner in which we lost it really hurt, and as the rest of my family are Gunners fans that did not help either

The wastefullness of not playing Jari Litmanen.

Some of GH's really bad signings that he hailed as being great whilst passing up on Christiano Ronaldo for being too young.
muttleyp

Postby stmichael » Thu Aug 09, 2007 12:19 pm

Was watching the Treble Season Review last night and I still get annoyed when we got turned over 4-3 at Leeds, mainly because we were cruising and should have won, and because I called Viduka a yard dog just before kick off.

It was so unlike us - 2-0 up and then our defending was utterly suicidal. Such a poor result.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby SouthCoastShankly » Thu Aug 09, 2007 12:35 pm

maypaxvobiscum wrote:i still hate GH
:(
litmanen and fowler were ill-treated and wasted.
and then theres the time when that c*nt g.neville celebrated so hysterically after manure beat us.

Get over it mate.

Most normal fans see what Houllier did for the club far outweighed his negatives. At the time Houllier was the best manager we had since Dalglish.
SouthCoastShankly
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Roger Red Hat » Thu Aug 09, 2007 12:58 pm

Bruce Grobbalaar's ability to catch brown envelopes. Hate him for that.
Sex, drugs and sausage rolls!
Roger Red Hat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby heimdall » Thu Aug 09, 2007 1:22 pm

SouthCoastShankly wrote:
maypaxvobiscum wrote:i still hate GH
litmanen and fowler were ill-treated and wasted.
and then theres the time when that c*nt g.neville celebrated so hysterically after manure beat us.

Get over it mate.

Most normal fans see what Houllier did for the club far outweighed his negatives. At the time Houllier was the best manager we had since Dalglish.

That's debatable, he had his uses in dragging Liverpool into the modern era but he was an awfull coach with very negative tactics and poor signings but worst manager ever must go to Souness who set this great club back at least 15 years. Only now are we getting  close to recovering.
For me loosing to benfica in the CL 2005/2006 stil hurts as it was such a :censored: display of football. I don't actually mind the CL loss in the final last year as I feel it was justice due to us robbing them for #5  :D  :D  :D  :buttrock
heimdall

Postby The Ace1983 » Thu Aug 09, 2007 1:25 pm

Having a defence that included Kvarme and Babb. How the hell did we ever give red shirts to players like that? And there's that horrible photo which I keep bringing up because it haunts my nightmares. The one with Houllier and his summer signings of Diouf, Diao, Luzi and I think it's Cheyrou as well. That money could have signed us some great players. And then there was that time that we apparently could of signed Rivaldo at his peak bt Houllier said that we didn't need him! And that most recent season when we finished second and we kind of bottled it at the end of the season meaning Arsenal won the league.

I've got quite a few, but these past 15 years or so have been sub-par for us. We've won a lot of silverware and that's all good, and 25.5.05 was magical, but our league form is my biggest regret. Finishing below Everton and watching Man Utd close in on our record amount of titles just isn't good enough. But I prefer to look to the future and as Homer Simpson says "That's why pencils have erasers."
The Ace1983
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby chrisrafman » Thu Aug 09, 2007 2:05 pm

losing 3-0 to the bluesh1te last year. spending 10m on diouf, losing last day of the season to arsenal in 89. fa cup 88,96. league cup 2005. arsenal knocking us out of both domestic cups last year in the fasion they did. macca for f*ucking off to madrid on a bosman. man utds consecutive 3-1 anfield wins. man utds 2 last minute goals (yorke,solskjaer) fa cup 4th round 1999. getting knocked out of the champions league by basle then uefa cup by celtic in 2003. but i could fit more good memories in if someone started that thread
The devil on the badge represents the equality of manchester united with satan and his many demoish minions downstairs. just like the many twisted devil worshipers accross the world it means you have to posess the same sick minded mentality to follow that pathetic excuse for a football team.
chrisrafman

Postby Anfield rapper » Thu Aug 09, 2007 2:10 pm

Well times a good healer so i don't really think too much about the wimbeldon final or Arsenal winning the championship at Anfield. The FA cup final when cantona scored was a bad day but i find that the things that bug me are from the last couple of seasons or so. Like the fact that we have made terrible starts for the last few years. Those cu*ts ferdinand and o shea scoring in the last few moments of our games against Man u really p*ssed me off. Also last season getting whooped by the bluesh*te 3-0. Things that should motivate our team this season.  :angry:
Anfield rapper
LFC Super Member

Postby YAWL » Thu Aug 09, 2007 2:43 pm

Not keeping Anelka and getting Diouf instead. :angry:
YAWL

Postby stmichael » Thu Aug 09, 2007 3:18 pm

chrisrafman wrote:losing 3-0 to the bluesh1te last year.

What pi$4ed me off about that game was the way our central defenders got dragged all over the place because it looked like they didn't trust Aurelio. And the fact that their first two goals shouldn't have stood due to fouls in the build up. Reina's attempts to keep the ball alive then ended up making him look like a nob, thus giving the Bluesh#te revisionists ammo about our "dodgy keeper".
Last edited by stmichael on Thu Aug 09, 2007 3:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby kunilson » Thu Aug 09, 2007 4:54 pm

stmichael wrote:
chrisrafman wrote:losing 3-0 to the bluesh1te last year.

What pi$4ed me off about that game was the way our central defenders got dragged all over the place because it looked like they didn't trust Aurelio. And the fact that their first two goals shouldn't have stood due to fouls in the build up. Reina's attempts to keep the ball alive then ended up making him look like a nob, thus giving the Bluesh#te revisionists ammo about our "dodgy keeper".

also the lack of fight from our players was shocking....for a derby...a merseyside derby...there was no excuse for the lack of backbone we showed.
kunilson
LFC Super Member

Postby chrisrafman » Thu Aug 09, 2007 5:46 pm

man utd taking our song to call our fans murderers. well you manc f*cks, we won it 5 times, without killing our first team squad, we won it 5 times:D
The devil on the badge represents the equality of manchester united with satan and his many demoish minions downstairs. just like the many twisted devil worshipers accross the world it means you have to posess the same sick minded mentality to follow that pathetic excuse for a football team.
chrisrafman

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion