What still bugs you to this day?

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby redmikey » Wed Aug 08, 2007 8:48 pm

puroresu wrote:Not winning the title under Evans.  We were the best footballing side in the league and should of own the title.  95/96 James had some howlers but our defence was not helping matters.  The team pressed the self destuct button and we blew it.

Another thing that bugs me is the double managment decision.  How the board could ever sanction such a thing is beyond me.  This was pure and utter madness and was just polite way in pushing Evans out the door.  Was so sad to see the club treat a servant like Evans like that.

Thirdly losing to Leverkuson in the CL QF.  We should never have lost that tie.  Houllier was far to negative at home and then away we somehow managed to lose a tie we were in complete control of.

The European Ban.  Those sides in the mid to late 80's could of won European Cups and would no doubt reached the final.  Barnes should of been showcasing his amazing talent on the European stage!!

great shout that one

here are some of mine

ince not being the final piece a the jigsaw

collymore not using a massive talent to it's fullest

GH for getting my hope up then playing the worst football on earth with great players(well some)

not being able to get the best out of any keepers,james,friedle,sander,

shocking buys when we were close enough to push on to the top

but the biiggggeeesssttt for me

no more standing on the kop, i still love going to the games but unless every one is wired for the game the magic isn't quite there and it breaks my heart to hear anfield quite
redmikey
LFC Super Member

Postby brenitez » Wed Aug 08, 2007 9:08 pm

the 96 final was the worst ! felt so confident we would torture them;

leverkusen q.f ? someone explain why GH subbed hamann ????

coventry 97 !! horrific, fantastic side should have won title(S)

and as for the " premiership ", it really pisses me off when uniterd fans/media/press go on about how many times theyve won it.......................18 end of..................the title ! premier league , premiership , canon league , barclays league call it what you want you muppets :angry:
brenitez

Postby Mikz » Wed Aug 08, 2007 9:11 pm

The big flop signings needle me more than anything..especially one Nigel Clough. :down:  He looked a cut and dry replacement for the king, but it just didnt materialise , although under the iron fist of Graeme Souness , not much did.
'' Gary lineker may well have scored 5 goals in 5 minutes , but i think you have to say, what else did he do '' ...Jimmy Hill
Mikz
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby dawson99 » Wed Aug 08, 2007 9:12 pm

96 dont bother me so much, was at uni and wasted at the time and it wa the worst final in the history of the world, plus, at least we looked cool :cool:
0118 999 881 999 119 7253
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby redmikey » Wed Aug 08, 2007 9:14 pm

souness tried to cut the deadwood out of lfc in one go and ended up cutting a big hole in the boat he was rowing at the time
redmikey
LFC Super Member

Postby dawson99 » Wed Aug 08, 2007 9:16 pm

rob jones never scoring a goal...now that will ALWAYS bug me!!!
0118 999 881 999 119 7253
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby kunilson » Wed Aug 08, 2007 10:00 pm

danny murphy being left out to dry......that is what is still bugging me at the moment.
kunilson
LFC Super Member

Postby The Manhattan Project » Wed Aug 08, 2007 10:48 pm

1- Not winning the league in 1989
2- Not winning the cup in 1988
3- The wasted years under Souness
china syndrome 80512640 reactor meltdown fusion element
no uniquely indefinable one 5918 identification unknown 113
source transmission 421 general panic hysteria 02 outbreak
foreign mutation 001505 maximum code destruction nuclear
reflection 01044 power plutonium helix atomic energy wave
The Manhattan Project
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby RedBlood » Wed Aug 08, 2007 10:58 pm

dawson99 wrote:not a massive thing, and still pretty recent, btu whena  few years back we played middlesboro opening day of the season at there place and in the 83rd minute they were running into the corner flag to time waste. it was the 1st fecking game!!! cant stand them now, and think they may go down this term

:censored: too right i remember that

an absolute joke their own fans should have boo'ed them it was shocking
RedBlood
LFC Super Member

Postby RedBlood » Wed Aug 08, 2007 11:00 pm

Wilhelmsson wrote:
RedBlood wrote:
Wilhelmsson wrote:The 96 FA Cup final still angers me, as a spectacle it lacked all the ingredients a cup final should behold and the cream suits just made me feel sick. I have the match recorded on video and it still looks as bad as it did all those years ago.

this game is the first time i cryed over football i was heart broken

the way about half our team dove out of the way of cantana's shot was discraceful even as a kid at the time i understood that i would have throw everything at that ball, ball sack n all

and the worst was my best friends who were mancs lived next door and ran outside cheering, what counts, i cheer because i love my team and it makes me happy when they score, not so other people can hear me

I was a young chap in 96, therefore I didn’t really appreciate football in it’s glory, though watching it several years later, highlighted every single problem with Liverpool under Roy Evans.

Catona’s goal in extra time highlighted the old cliché of ‘close but not close enough’ which blighted Evan’s short reign with the club. 

There is a short 1:00 min clip of the final on you tube and I still can’t believe David James ever played for the club.

I was delighted when Houllier shipped him out and binned the cream suits and bought about change in the most ruthless manner.

As for your friend, he had every right to scream the house down, there’s nothing better than losing self control.  I did a similar thing during #5.
:buttrock

if u knew the persons u would understand

i know more about there club then them infact they dont even watch football now it was just cheering to rub it in not because they actually cared about hte result
RedBlood
LFC Super Member

Postby roberto green » Wed Aug 08, 2007 11:21 pm

I remember the  away game at paris st germain in the cup winners cup and it being our first big chance in years of getting to a major final in europe and between David James and Phil Babb(the worst defender ever to wear the red shirt) we were humilated 3-0 or 3-1 i think it was one of the worst performances i had ever seen of any liverpool team.and aswell as houlliers treatment of fowler the wastefullness of jari litmanen, a real class act who deserved his place in the team,and this at the time we had heskey ahead of him in the pecking order,and while im still at the houllier era,houllier constantly getting our hopes up saying his signings are going to be the next best thing examples:cherou/zidane,salif dao/veira,and not to mention le tallec,pongolle the way he raved about these, if they were ever this good how come he never trid to sign them when he got sacked and went to lyon.a and danny murphy who give the ball away with 1 in 2 passes,but i can forgive him slightly for his old trafford heroics.:(
roberto green

Postby madred » Thu Aug 09, 2007 12:47 am

I always remember with disgust the goal that Peter Beardsley scored against us for the bluesh1te. I wouldn't have cared less if Souness had been given the sack the same evening.  :angry:
madred
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby woof woof ! » Thu Aug 09, 2007 9:10 am

I'm still recovering from the FA cup final loss to Wimbledon. I was in a bar in Thailand at the time having an absolute ball. The match came on the TV and it turned into one of the worst days of my life EVER :(  .

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby maypaxvobiscum » Thu Aug 09, 2007 9:26 am

i still hate GH
:(
litmanen and fowler were ill-treated and wasted.
:(
and then theres the time when that c*nt g.neville celebrated so hysterically after manure beat us.
maypaxvobiscum

Postby Well Red » Thu Aug 09, 2007 9:46 am

Robbie being substituted by Rafa a minute before we get a penalty against Charlton in his final ever appearance for the club. Such a shame because he'd have scored it for sure and that would have been a fitting finale for a wonderful player  :( pity
THERE WILL BE LIFE AFTER TORRES:

Well Red
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion