wednesday 12th sept 2012 JFT96 AT LAST?

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby redalltheway36 » Mon Sep 17, 2012 10:20 am

just read retired policeman gets 330-000 pounds compensation for post traumatic stress for his part in hillsborough. This country is so fecked up i cannot believe.
redalltheway36
LFC Member

Postby dundreamin » Mon Sep 17, 2012 9:50 pm

Just ignore the minority. They are sad b.astards anyway I pity there parents having to had the misfortune to borne them SCUM
dundreamin
LFC Super Member

Location: skelmersdale. Land of the roundabouts and utter boredom

Postby The Good Yank » Mon Sep 17, 2012 11:50 pm

Just got my team roster for this coming season.  Tim Howard's little cousin will be among those I am coaching.  Her last name is Justice.
s@int - 13 December 2009

I won't celebrate Rafa going........ but I will be over the moon if Dalglish comes in. League within 2 years if he gets the job, AND YOU CAN QUOTE ME ON THAT.
The Good Yank
LFC Super Member

Postby Boocity » Tue Sep 18, 2012 7:57 am

Nice tribute at Goodison last night
Boocity
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Benny The Noon » Tue Sep 18, 2012 8:55 am

From playing 'You'll Never Walk Alone' over the PA through to special messages on the big screen, clubs from all over the country paid their respects to the 96 this weekend.

Here is our round-up of some of the tributes that took place.

Arsenal: At 3.06pm during their Emirates encounter with Southampton the Arsenal supporters gave a rendition of YNWA.

Brighton and Hove Albion: Before kick-off against Sheffield Wednesday on Friday night, the club paid their respects with a minute's silence for the 96.

Bristol City: YNWA was played at Ashton Gate prior to the Championship clash v Danny Murphy's Blackburn Rovers.

Cardiff City: The Leeds United supporters started a chant midway through the first half and were joined in unison by the Cardiff supporters who sang 'Stand up for LFC'.

Carlisle United: The Carlisle fans gave a rousing rendition of YNWA during their home clash with Swindon Town.

Celtic supporters sung 'Justice for the 96' during Saturday's clash away at St Johnstone.

Charlton Athletic: YNWA was played at the Valley before Friday night's Championship clash with Crystal Palace.

Colchester United. The League One side played YNWA before kick-off against Doncaster and it was applauded by both sets of supporters.

Everton FC will pay their tributes before Monday night's home game v Newcastle United.

Norwich City: Before kick-off against West Ham both sets of supporters took part in a minute's applause for the 96. In paying tribute to the Hillsborough Families, Canaries boss Chris Hughton said: "It takes an awful lot of passion and resilience to do what they have done and campaign for 23 years."

Reading: YNWA was played before kick-off against Tottenham.

Sunderland: The club flew flags at the Stadium of Light at half-mast and displayed a tribute to the victims, families and survivors of Hillsborough on the big screens.

Stoke City: YNWA was played before kick-off against Manchester City and both Stoke and Manchester City supporters sung the Liverpool anthem in unison.

Tranmere Rovers: A minute's applause was held before Saturday's game with Coventry City, and after netting the second goal striker Andy Robinson revealed a t-shirt that read: Justice for 96. YNWA.

Meanwhile, supporters of Welsh Premier League side Port Talbot Town displayed a poignant banner during their 4-4 draw with Airbus UK
Benny The Noon

Postby stmichael » Tue Sep 18, 2012 3:26 pm

not like the tw@t to refuse to comment:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1R4oiBxXfNE&feature=plcp
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby maypaxvobiscum » Wed Sep 19, 2012 10:05 am

Liverpool and Manchester United are to release 96 red balloons at Anfield on Sunday as part of a pre-match tribute to the victims of the Hillsborough disaster.

The opposing captains, expected to be Steven Gerrard and Nemanja Vidic, will make the gesture to honour the memory of the 96 Liverpool fans who died in the 1989 tragedy.

Fans on three sides of Anfield will also help to display a giant mosaic before the start of the Premier League match between the two teams.

And the match will be attended by representatives of three support groups - The Hillsborough Family Support Group, Hillsborough Justice Campaign and Hope for Hillsborough.

Details of the tribute were revealed as Liverpool prepare for their first home game since the publication of the Hillsborough Independent Panel's report into the tragedy, which cleared fans of any blame and found damning evidence of a cover-up by the police and ambulance services.

As the players of Liverpool and Manchester United walk on to the pitch, The Kop will form a mosaic displaying the words'The Truth'.

The Anfield Road End opposite will show the number '96', while the Centenary Stand, which faces the players' tunnel, will reveal the word 'Justice'.

Liverpool managing director Ian Ayre and United chief executive David Gill have liaised directly to oversee Sunday's tribute.

Talks are continuing, with United still to reveal full details of how they will respect the occasion.
maypaxvobiscum

Postby Boxscarf » Wed Sep 19, 2012 10:41 am

Kudos to United and I would hope that if we ever play United at their ground during the anniversary of the Munich Air Disaster that we would offer a similar sentiment in paying our respects to the Busby Babes.
Boxscarf

Postby babu » Wed Sep 19, 2012 12:27 pm

I've not posted about this yet, figure this is the best place.

I stopped following LFC and football in general for 10 years after this tragedy. I live half way around the world and only saw what was reported. What was reported, horrified me, i was young and decided that I would not support this sport anymore or the club and in particular the fans who caused it.

I started following football and LFC again in the late 90s, after my own brother talked to me and explained it was bullsh.it. I missed a hell of a lot.

I think what the families have done to seek justice for 23 years is astronomical. Their efforts in the face of all the opposition is simply unbelievable.

I am in particular very happy for the survivors, absolved of all guilt that disgracefully hung over them for 23 years, and commended for their actions on the day. What a reversal. Finally you can sleep well.

For my part, I apologise.

babu
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby dundreamin » Wed Sep 19, 2012 11:25 pm

As above. Took balls that mate
dundreamin
LFC Super Member

Location: skelmersdale. Land of the roundabouts and utter boredom

Postby Boocity » Sun Sep 23, 2012 1:00 pm

Boocity
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby lakes10 » Wed Sep 26, 2012 2:13 pm

BBC NEWS

Kelvin McKenzie wants Hillsborough apology from police

Ex-Sun editor Kelvin MacKenzie wants South Yorkshire Police to apologise for the "vilification" he received in the wake of the Hillsborough tragedy.

His lawyers have contacted the force asking for an apology over his "personal vilification for decades", the BBC's Ross Hawkins reported.

Mr MacKenzie printed a front page story about Liverpool fans, shortly after the 1989 disaster, headlined "The Truth".

Ninety-six football fans died as a result of the tragedy in Sheffield.

In an article for the Spectator to be published on Thursday, MacKenzie says: "I hope that after 23 years we can all agree on the truth."

Agency copy

People in Liverpool boycotted his newspaper after the article claimed fans pickpocketed the dead and urinated on police.

The Hillsborough Independent Inquiry report, which was published two weeks ago, said there was no evidence to support the allegations in The Sun article.

It stated: "The documents disclosed to the panel show that the origin of these serious allegations was a local Sheffield press agency informed by several SYP officers, an SYP Police Federation spokesperson and a local MP.

"They also demonstrate how the SYP Police Federation, supported informally by the SYP chief constable, sought to develop and publicise a version of events that focused on several police officers' allegations of drunkenness, ticketlessness and violence among a large number of Liverpool fans."
lakes10
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby maypaxvobiscum » Wed Sep 26, 2012 2:52 pm

Is he suggesting that he's a victim of their lies as well?
maypaxvobiscum

Postby Boxscarf » Wed Sep 26, 2012 2:57 pm

Hillsborough victim's mum dies days after finally finding out the truth about her son.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/hi ... ys-1344238

Tragic.
Boxscarf

Postby Boxscarf » Wed Sep 26, 2012 3:00 pm

maypaxvobiscum » Wed Sep 26, 2012 2:52 pm wrote:Is he suggesting that he's a victim of their lies as well?

Anything to pass the buck onto somebody else. Kelvin had a choice between not posting that headline and posting it. He chose to post it and the responsibility for that article and the headline rests squarely on his shoulders.

Kelvin MacKenzie is absolute gutter scum and should not be absolved from the roll he played in the cover up.
Boxscarf

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion