Wake up rafa - Fine line between faith and reality .

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby redmikey » Fri Feb 24, 2006 10:24 pm

it is so tricky dawson because i would love cissie to prove me wrong and bang the goals in from now till he scores the winner in paris

but when you watch him you can just see the lack of finess and class a striker needs in our set up at the moment, that is the reason i think rafa is sticking with moro i can't see him scoring until we start putting the ball across the 6 yard box more.

cissie needs alonso playing balls for him to split defences with his pace i agree he can't do that out on the right, but he has no first touch to play with anyone around him and he is still to learn the offside rule, he is just not good enough , it's a shame because i don't like slating any player but i can't see him taking a chance given to him.

so i would rather a player that can hold the ball and bring othe player into action, we will score more now anyway because with sisoko being out gerrard will come back into the middle, folwer will be having wet dreams about the passes coming his way in a game near you
redmikey
LFC Super Member

Postby dawson99 » Fri Feb 24, 2006 10:28 pm

have u seen moris first touch recently? my point isnt that cisse is miles better, its just that he will offer something different given the chance and the other strikers just aint doing the job at the moment
0118 999 881 999 119 7253
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 48-1119859832 » Fri Feb 24, 2006 10:34 pm

Only if Cisse could use his pace wisely e.g run at goal and score rather than looking gormless and lost. If he can start using his brain and uses his pace to a more useful and creatives means, then he might be considered a possible solution. Altho I can't see Cisse getting his chance and more to the point is it the right time to give him a chance to shine? I mean Champions League 1-0 to contend with, FA Cup quarter Final and chasing 2nd place in the league.
48-1119859832

Postby redmikey » Fri Feb 24, 2006 10:36 pm

how would you set the team up to cater for him though.

he has to play on the last man, and he needs space to run into.

that means playing deeper and inviting pressure imo. what we have been doing well lately is winning the midfield battle by have alot of men in there , how many times have you seen crouch and mori in challanging for headers.

i just can't see how he will fit in mate. he is something different though i will give you that.   he has pace to burn but is offside alot( you will have to forgive me if stats say someone else is off more i am no stato)

he has no first touch, and expects alot from team mates and gets all shirty when it is not what he wanted, i know that might me passion but it dose nothing for him with me
redmikey
LFC Super Member

Postby RAFABENITEZ » Fri Feb 24, 2006 10:41 pm

0asis wrote:Only if Cisse could use his pace wisely e.g run at goal and score rather than looking gormless and lost. If he can start using his brain and uses his pace to a more useful and creatives means, then he might be considered a possible solution. Altho I can't see Cisse getting his chance and more to the point is it the right time to give him a chance to shine? I mean Champions League 1-0 to contend with, FA Cup quarter Final and chasing 2nd place in the league.

perhaps he looks gormless because hes told to run dwn the flank instead of through the middle?
RAFABENITEZ
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ivor_the_injun » Fri Feb 24, 2006 10:46 pm

For me...

Reina

Finnan       Carra      Hyypia        Riise

Kromkamp/  Gerrard     Alonso       Kewell
    Cisse
                 Crouch
                               Fowler

So long as we play to feet instead of lumping high balls to no-one in particular, I reckon this line-up would see us right on every front for the rest of the season. Quite why our midfield decided to start playing aerial balls after Crouch had been dropped I have no idea.

Crouch is no great shakes in the air, but is great on the deck, and he and Fowler could pass the cr*p out of most defences, bringing in Gerrard, Kewell, Alonso - hell - even Cisse from the right. Plus, with Crouch hogging the attention of defenders, can you imagine the space Fowler will be able to find for himself?

Our keeper's great, our defence is great, and our midfield WAS great. They need to get it back, so that our strikers can start to shine. Fowler, Crouch and Morientes will score goals if they get quality service.
ivor_the_injun

Postby 48-1119859832 » Fri Feb 24, 2006 11:02 pm

RAFABENITEZ wrote:
0asis wrote:Only if Cisse could use his pace wisely e.g run at goal and score rather than looking gormless and lost. If he can start using his brain and uses his pace to a more useful and creatives means, then he might be considered a possible solution. Altho I can't see Cisse getting his chance and more to the point is it the right time to give him a chance to shine? I mean Champions League 1-0 to contend with, FA Cup quarter Final and chasing 2nd place in the league.

perhaps he looks gormless because hes told to run dwn the flank instead of through the middle?

He's a striker he should be able to drift from left, centre over to the right.
48-1119859832

Postby The_Rock » Sat Feb 25, 2006 7:11 am

Anybody miss baros ....  :D

Anyway.....rafa is a perfectionist... I am sure he knows we have to sort out our attack.

Comeon...any half witted moron knows that we have to get better strikers next season.

Have read that rafa is interested in David Villa.... with moro going the other way plus $$$. If this deal goes thru, it will be a massive boost to our attack. I have seen him play (in TV only), and his movement and awareness makes him similar to crespo...

Well that is for next season...as for this season, lets just make do with cisse & crouch all the way. We are going to sell
cisse anyway, so lets just play him and hope he scores goals until the end of the season & also has a good world cup ...so that houllier will fork out 14 million quid and sign him for lyon....

And as for the morientes VS mellor argument, my take is that mellor would have scored more goals than morientes if he had played as many games as moro..... Nothing against morientes, just stating my opinion...
A Genius Billionaire Playboy Philanthropist
The_Rock
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 112-1077774096 » Sat Feb 25, 2006 8:22 am

The_Rock wrote:And as for the morientes VS mellor argument, my take is that mellor would have scored more goals than morientes if he had played as many games as moro..... Nothing against morientes, just stating my opinion...

my nan would score the same ammount of goals as morientes and shes been dead 8 years
112-1077774096

Postby Ciggy » Sat Feb 25, 2006 8:57 am

Anyone see Rafa lose his rag at the defence on tuesday when we conceded against Benfica he was lived, maybe if he got that angry with the strikers they would shit themsleves into scoring.
And yes Baros and Pongolle have been let go of, for less than Morientes.
But then again how is he suppossed to score when playing as a central midfielder?
Like he has been the last two games.
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby The_Rock » Sat Feb 25, 2006 9:17 am

Ciggy wrote:Anyone see Rafa lose his rag at the defence on tuesday when we conceded against Benfica he was lived, maybe if he got that angry with the strikers they would shit themsleves into scoring.

:D ...... hard to understand rafa sometimes...
A Genius Billionaire Playboy Philanthropist
The_Rock
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Sabre » Sat Feb 25, 2006 9:22 am

We should open a thread about Rafa's body language, gestures with videos and everything.

In the last 23 matches I've seen him doing this gesture with the arm, like pulling, a lot .  And I'd like to know to who he was making the gesture, and what he exactly mean.
Last edited by Sabre on Sat Feb 25, 2006 9:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
SOS member #1499

Drummerphil, never forgotten.
Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 48-1119859832 » Sat Feb 25, 2006 11:02 am

I'd rather we had kept Milan Baros. I'll tell youse what he's a striker that with the right service can bang the goals in. Sure he ran around like a headless chicken 'n' he didn't score for something like 18 games but he looked our best striker in pre-season.
48-1119859832

Postby Ciggy » Sat Feb 25, 2006 11:39 am

0asis wrote:I'd rather we had kept Milan Baros. I'll tell youse what he's a striker that with the right service can bang the goals in. Sure he ran around like a headless chicken 'n' he didn't score for something like 18 games but he looked our best striker in pre-season.

Plus he had pace something the others are lacking in abundance  :kungfu:
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 48-1119859832 » Sat Feb 25, 2006 11:43 am

Very true altho you can't expect to Crouch to be speeding down the pitch like Speedy Gonzalez :D  As for Morientes and his running ability well it's just non-exsistant. And altho we are doing well at the moment, I think we have to question Rafa's decision to let Baros leave.
48-1119859832

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion