Very worried about gerrard leaving

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby L-type » Tue Jun 07, 2005 9:02 pm

stmichael wrote:
cisses_gona_get_ya wrote:its all about the money

I don't think this is necessarily true. We are not talking about Ashley Cole or Rio Ferdinand here.

Can Gerrard really be described as a money grabbing mercenary? I don't think so. Not the way he played at times this season, and they way he dragged us back into the final. Is he like Dalglish and Rush when he considered leaving a Houllier- weakened Liverpool because he needed a bigger stage?

Fortunately, Benitez’s arrival was enough to stop Gerrard, thankfully, although the press still hounded the poor man for the rest of the season because of it.

If you look at it, Liverpool football club have two great Scousers in Steven Gerrard and Jamie Carragher. Whilst they both have a hunger to make Liverpool a better team, their personal aims mean that one is hailed and respected as a god amongst us, whilst the other is merely accepted.

ripped off from Jim Gibson who wrote the article for This Is Anfield.  I could of sworn I posted this before but it seems like my post was deleted.  Heres the link it's called Honour thy club, or honour thy self?

http://www.thisisanfield.com/columnists0405.php?id=00000130
"I get bored quickly and like to change things — except my wife!”                   - Cisse
We all dream of a team of Sissoko's!! All 15 of them !!
L-type
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 66-1112520797 » Wed Jun 08, 2005 4:26 am

cisses_gona_get_ya wrote:
bigmick wrote:
cisses_gona_get_ya wrote:nothing to do with the tabloids mate, just something Ive heard, thats not to encouraging.

I have grave doubts myself. Wanting to win things could become "I feel as if I've gone as far as I can go, I felt that anything after the final would be an anti-climax" in an instant. Those of us who have been around for a while know that when Lynds says she's heard something like this, it is very very ominous indeed.
No doubt she gets it wrong occasionally but I can't remember the last time. I think he's gone.

:(  Shhhhhhhhhh Mick dont be saying that mate cause what I ve heard I cannot put on here anyway. :sniffle

Come on mate what do you know ?

Sharing is caring  :nod
66-1112520797

Postby Ciggy » Fri Jul 01, 2005 1:02 pm

I have that feeling back, I feel :censored: awful think Ill get p.issed :(
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 7_Kewell » Fri Jul 01, 2005 1:07 pm

I have that feeling back, I feel  awful think Ill get p.issed 

don't worry....as everyone has already said....he stays....brilliant....he goes (for 40-50 million) we say thanks very much!

I think he'll stay...but then again, if he did go, the money would be very useful.  but....he'll stay!
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Chelsea forever. » Fri Jul 01, 2005 2:05 pm

Liverpool are refusing to comment on reports that skipper Steven Gerrard is on his way to Spanish side Real Madrid.

Reports in Spanish newspaper As says Gerrard, 25, will be the latest to join the Galacticos at the Bernabeu.

The report quoted Gerrard as saying he is tempted to leave Anfield for Madrid during talks with Reds boss Rafael Benitez about his future.

However, Real's website says they have signed Uruguay midfielder Pablo Garcia, who is a similar player to Gerrard.

Have Your Say
Chat about Liverpool on 606

But the report says the club could convince Gerrard there is space for both Garcia and Gerrard.

As also says Gerrard ruled out any chance of a move to Chelsea and that if he does depart Anfield it will be for a club outside England.

The report claims that when Benitez asked if Gerrard wanted to stay at Liverpool he replied: "We'll have to see. The interest from Madrid is extremely tempting.

"The offer from Madrid is very special. It is difficult to say no to them. If I were to stay in England, I would only play for Liverpool."

The report says Real are willing to more than double Gerrard's wages and will pay him over £8m a year.

Madrid have brought in a high-profile name for the last five years and As says that they have earmarked Gerrard as this summer's big money move.
Chelsea forever.

Postby Big Niall » Fri Jul 01, 2005 2:36 pm

I'm not that bothered about whether he stays or we sell him for big cash but if they don't have his signature by the end of the summer (on either new contract or sale of him) then the whole board should be shot.
Big Niall
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby FrankM » Fri Jul 01, 2005 3:12 pm

Agree Big Niall. I dont want to get involved in this " will he wont he". But the board should not allow an Owen situation to develop with the player effing off on the day the window closes
FrankM

Postby neil » Fri Jul 01, 2005 3:37 pm

5 Alonsos' !! :p
neil
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 7_Kewell » Fri Jul 01, 2005 4:06 pm

i honestly think Liverpool are sick and tired of saying "gerrard is not for sale"....the next time Rafa/Parry talk about him is when they announce his new contract.
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby stmichael » Fri Jul 01, 2005 4:25 pm

stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby 7_Kewell » Fri Jul 01, 2005 4:29 pm

:D   oh well....was fun for a few hours.....
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby kops_revolution » Fri Jul 01, 2005 4:57 pm

stevie rumours to leave the club has been disrupting the harmony n conditions in dressing room. in my opinion, if stevie is not satisfy wif the trophy n rafa's future plan, jus let him go. we need a player attitude like cara'!! we rather hand the captain arm band to cara'.
kops_revolution

Postby skipper » Sat Jul 02, 2005 1:01 am

Gerrard loves liverpool too much to leave.  And I'm sure he's satisfied with the European Cup (who wouldn't be) and I think he's looking forward to the future and winning premierships.
You'll Never Walk Alone

RIP Phil
skipper
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby dawson99 » Sat Jul 02, 2005 8:59 am

im more worried that if stevie goes to madird, does that mean that rafa will follow suit next season?

sorry to put a bummer note on a saturday mornng but been thinking about it al ot and now im spooked out
0118 999 881 999 119 7253
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby lakes10 » Sat Jul 02, 2005 10:42 am

Radi 5 live have said will will know on monday what is going on, if he is going or staying
lakes10
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion