Baros to valencia? - Maybe we could pick up aimar or someone?

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby L-type » Wed Mar 30, 2005 10:01 pm

Got this off of LFC.tv who in turn got it from sky

Valencia are reported to be preparing a summer move for Liverpool striker Milan Baros. 

The Primera outfit are already planning a close-season recruitment drive after a disappointing season, and will rekindle their interest in a player they attempted to land last summer.

At that point Liverpool were unwilling to do business after the Czech had ended top scorer at Euro 2004, and it became apparent Michael Owen was set to leave Anfield for Real Madrid.

However, despite a decent campaign in which he has bagged 13 goals, Reds boss Rafa Benitez is ready to listen to substantial offers for Baros who does not fit in his plans for the long-term redevelopment of the club.

Baros has never made any secret of his desire to play in the Spanish league, and even expressed his disappointment last summer that a move to Barcelona had fallen through.

"I only felt bad about the failed bid from Barcelona," he stated last October.

"I have loved them since I was a child. And now, they play fantastically. Maybe it can happen in the future."

It is believed it will take a bid of around £10 million to prise Baros from Liverpool, but Valencia are looking to reshape their squad after a season of disappointment.

Claudio Ranieri's return to the Primera club did not work out as hoped, and Valencia are ready to offload some of the expensive Italian imports he signed last summer, like Bernardo Corradi and Stefano Fiore, to fund a move for Baros.

The Che already have deals in place to sign Edu from Arsenal and Santiago Ezquerro from Athletic Bilbao on free transfers, and are willing to make a big effort to land the former Banik Ostrava star.

Baros is a player who is hugely admired by current Valencia coach Antonio Lopez - who was working at Valencia under Benitez last summer when the Spaniards were showing an interest in the player.

Baros' agent Pavel Paska insisted he had received no formal approach from Valencia, but revealed that a number of clubs were following his client.

"I know nothing of interest from Valencia," he stated. "There are many teamsthat have asked for Baros, but I can assure you 100 percent that of Valencia I know nothing.

"I am not saying that they are or are not interested, but they have not transmitted it to me."

Maybe we could exhange Baros for Aimar, and after some good bargaining maybe get a lil cash as well, though if it works this way I think we'll have to up the ante a lil to get aimar thrown in.  Just wanna know what everyone thinks
"I get bored quickly and like to change things — except my wife!”                   - Cisse
We all dream of a team of Sissoko's!! All 15 of them !!
L-type
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby chiggz_likes_owen » Wed Mar 30, 2005 10:04 pm

Haven't even read this post but all I can say is that I don't want him to go anywhere.
chiggz_likes_owen
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby yckatbjywtbiastkamb » Wed Mar 30, 2005 10:05 pm

if we sell baros (and i dont think we should) i`d want to replace him with an out and out goalscorer, not an attacking midfielder who would struggle to get a game when gerrard and alonso are fit.
baros is still a young player who hasnt even had one full season under his belt yet, i think he`ll come good.

You Can Shoot All The Blue Jays You Want To But Its A Sin To Kill A Mocking Bird
yckatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Super Member

Postby Ciggy » Wed Mar 30, 2005 10:35 pm

chiggz_likes_owen wrote:Haven't even read this post but all I can say is that I don't want him to go anywhere.

Ill second that Chiggz lar :D
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Paul C » Thu Mar 31, 2005 8:21 am

I don't think that a swap for Aimar would be value for money, although I do think that we should sell Baros as he isn't developing as a team player and still goes alone ???
Paul C
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Leonmc0708 » Thu Mar 31, 2005 8:52 am

L-type wrote:Got this off of LFC.tv who in turn got it from sky

Thats the source of most of the official sites articles ..... ???
JUSTICE FOR THE 96

Leonmc0708
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 7_Kewell » Thu Mar 31, 2005 2:47 pm

£10 million?  thank you very much, ta ta Milan :;):
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ciggy » Thu Mar 31, 2005 2:53 pm

Hes not going to Valencia, 3 clubs want him his agent said but Valencias not one of them.
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 109-1093441336 » Thu Mar 31, 2005 2:58 pm

If sadly he has to go, i would rather have Vicente instead of cash.
109-1093441336

Postby 7_Kewell » Thu Mar 31, 2005 3:10 pm

still would take the 10 million and buy someone else, we could easily replace him for that amount.
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 109-1093441336 » Thu Mar 31, 2005 3:16 pm

Top class Left wingers are about as hard to find as Locating Azerbhajan.  Valencia have one incredible winger that would work for Benitez again. 

Stikers are easy to find.  Go for Vicente.
109-1093441336

Postby LiverpoolFan00 » Thu Mar 31, 2005 4:13 pm

Would keep baros if we could, unless we can find a top quality striker as a replacement

Agree that if he goes to Valencia Vicente would be a good swap. We badly need a left winger.
If we qualify for the CL next year we should have enough funds then to buy a replacement for Baros
Some people think football is a matter of life or death but it's far more important than that. - Bill Shankley

A Well Balanced Soccer Player Has A Beer In Each Hand!
LiverpoolFan00
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Eazy-E » Thu Mar 31, 2005 8:37 pm

Save Milan, he is an excellent player he is only 23 and he will keep on progressing at this level.
MEEEEEEEEEELLLLLLLLAAANNNNNN!!!! :D
''I kick :censored: and i take names. You're in my pocket. Shut your mouth. Rest your gums. I own you bitch.''
Eazy-E

Postby L-type » Thu Mar 31, 2005 9:17 pm

yckatbjywtbiastkamb wrote:if we sell baros (and i dont think we should) i`d want to replace him with an out and out goalscorer, not an attacking midfielder who would struggle to get a game when gerrard and alonso are fit.
baros is still a young player who hasnt even had one full season under his belt yet, i think he`ll come good.

I agreed with you, but then I watched a video of his plays, and now I'm a believr.  Yes it's true that these videos are supposed to glamorize the target player, but Aimar seemed like a goal scorer that would bang in 10+ goals a season.  It also seems that like Moro, Aimar is also a big force in the air.  If you guys want I'll reupload the video, it's about 50-60 megs
"I get bored quickly and like to change things — except my wife!”                   - Cisse
We all dream of a team of Sissoko's!! All 15 of them !!
L-type
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby spud » Thu Mar 31, 2005 9:28 pm

7_Kewell wrote:£10 million?  thank you very much, ta ta Milan :;):

Agree
spud

Next

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion