Uefa out to trim foreign imports

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby woof woof ! » Thu Dec 16, 2004 3:20 pm

lakes10 wrote:it would not be illegal, ITS the same at work if the said that they where going to cut jobs theres not much you can do about it.

You better read up on your employment law .For example you cannot turn down someones job application PURELY because they aren't english.

The EU's employment law was instrumental in the abolition of the old 3 foregners per team quota . The arguement being that it restricted the freedom of movement and work opportunities for EU citizens.

For these new restrictions to come into force the EU would have to change their employment law in such a way that it would directly contravene the whole ethos of the European Union.
Thats not going to happen .

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby dawson99 » Thu Dec 16, 2004 3:21 pm

go on woof, you're cleverer than benji!
u r ona  par with the littlst hobo
0118 999 881 999 119 7253
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby woof woof ! » Thu Dec 16, 2004 3:24 pm

:D
Arf Arf !

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby lakes10 » Thu Dec 16, 2004 3:24 pm

we will just have to wait and see what and how they are going to do it but it will happen in some way.
lakes10
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby dawson99 » Thu Dec 16, 2004 3:25 pm

they may say something about non eu players. that could change hings slightly but not players in countries within the eu
0118 999 881 999 119 7253
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby woof woof ! » Thu Dec 16, 2004 3:28 pm

dawson99 wrote:they may say something about non eu players. that could change hings slightly but not players in countries within the eu

That is a possibility , although players from outside the EU already have to apply for work permits which aren't always granted .

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby stmichael » Thu Dec 16, 2004 3:31 pm

it's fortunate in a way that several new eastern european countries have joined the EU this season. you can expect to see an influx of cheap eastern europeans in our league soon as they no longer require a work permit.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby lakes10 » Thu Dec 16, 2004 3:33 pm

put this way you dont get americans say why can i not play for england football team in the world cup or a american sprinter saying why can i not run for GB in the Olympics.
Uefa COULD USE THE SAME RULE they could say that if the team wanted to still play in the the CL or UC the they must be a english team made up by english is is the same rules that most sport is run by the only thing is that money is involed
lakes10
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby woof woof ! » Thu Dec 16, 2004 3:33 pm

Yeah StMick we might at last get to sign that Turkish legend Mustapha Rubb .
Last edited by woof woof ! on Thu Dec 16, 2004 3:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby stmichael » Thu Dec 16, 2004 3:34 pm

woof woof ! wrote:Yeah we might at last get to sign that Turkish legend Mustapha Rubb .

he's some player him. :cool:  :D
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby lakes10 » Thu Dec 16, 2004 3:39 pm

it seems funny that they have come ut with this rule just as we (uk) get 4 teams in to the CL
lakes10
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby woof woof ! » Thu Dec 16, 2004 3:48 pm

lakes10 wrote:put this way you dont get americans say why can i not play for england football team in the world cup or a american sprinter saying why can i not run for GB in the Olympics.
Uefa COULD USE THE SAME RULE they could say that if the team wanted to still play in the the CL or UC the they must be a english team made up by english is is the same rules that most sport is run by the only thing is that money is involed

Uefa will find themselves facing one court action after another if they attempt to implement the rules that you have descrbed . The major clubs throughout the world will tell them to get stuffed Taking part in the Olympics (generally considered to be attended by dedicated "amateurs") is vastly different from earning a living as a professional footballer week in week out.

I honestly don't see how any of these regurgitated ideas are going to fly.

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby stmichael » Thu Dec 16, 2004 3:54 pm

I think the encouragement of teams to bring players through their youth ranks should be encouraged, but I don't think that clubs don't do this anyway. If you look at it, all clubs in this country, apart from Chelsea maybe, bring players up through their youth ranks as a requirement to the money bottoming out of football.

All I can really see happening with these new proposals is even younger players being cherry picked by top clubs at an age when they should still be more preoccupied with sweets than football.

I think it may harden the elite to act more ruthlessly, my own club included.

I hope i'm wrong. I can obviously see the benefits, but I just can't see it working that way.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby lakes10 » Thu Dec 16, 2004 3:57 pm

i dont know why they would have come out and said it if they dont think they can do it , you did make a good point but i can not see the rules being that far from how national sport teams are run , if they end up in court about it and loss then it could be used for anyone to play for any team in sport so you could end up having stevie playing for France or brazil in the world cup. they could say they were being stoped from playing for the team just because they are not brazilian and are being discriminated
lakes10
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby greenred » Thu Dec 16, 2004 4:06 pm

lakes10 wrote:i dont know why they would have come out and said it if they dont think they can do it , you did make a good point but i can not see the rules being that far from how national sport teams are run , if they end up in court about it and loss then it could be used for anyone to play for any team in sport so you could end up having stevie playing for France or brazil in the world cup. they could say they were being stoped from playing for the team just because they are not brazilian and are being discriminated

The eligibility rules that apply to international football are by necessity totally different to club football.International football would collapse overnight if players could change nationality every six months.International football is considered as invitational football with regard to the law.
ImageImageImage
greenred
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion