3 valenica stars coming to liverpool

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby AussieRed » Wed Jun 02, 2004 7:58 am

Liverpool set to bid for Valencia star trio
tribalfootball.com - June 2, 2004

Liverpool manager-in-waiting Rafa Benitez will ask his new board to sign three of his former Valencia stars.

Goalkeeper Santiago Canizares, defender Roberto Ayala and exciting Argie playmaker Pablo Aimar are the three names on Benitez's wanted list.

Canizares is entering the final year of his contract at Valencia and the Spanish club have already signed his replacement in Metz keeper Ludovic Butelle.

Argie defender Ayala was also a target for Real Madrid, but their capture of AS Roma's Walter Samuel leaves the way clear for Liverpool to land the 31 year-old.

Aimar will be the most difficult to prise away from the Mestalla. He still has four years on his contract and Valencia's ability to attract a top level coach to replace Benitez will depend on them holding onto the midfield schemer.

-------- Looking at this I like what I am hearing but I dont know about new keepers.. ours are good and Kirkland is a future England #1 Should we be waisting our money on a keeper? Otherwise... welcome Aimar and Ayala sign here...
AussieRed

Postby swiss_kopite » Wed Jun 02, 2004 8:02 am

don't think we should get new keepers either. plus: canizares is alright, but how old is he?
swiss_kopite

Postby Santa » Wed Jun 02, 2004 8:08 am

Aimar, Ayala and Mista...in that order. Forget Canizares, we had other positions to worry about right now.
Never try to teach a pig to sing...

...it only waste your time, and annoys the pig
Santa
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby AussieRed » Wed Jun 02, 2004 8:12 am

I know Mista is a star.. but we do not need a player like Mista either... Cisse is coming and we will be too top heavy... we need a classy midfielder and also another versitile back (not to replace) to cover Risse and Finnan
AussieRed

Postby ckay » Wed Jun 02, 2004 8:26 am

I'd welcome Santiago Canizares, sell Dudek and keep Kirkland. Will Canizares be happy being the no.2 keeper though. The other two would be great buys.
ckay
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Santa » Wed Jun 02, 2004 8:27 am

Mista is alledged to have rejected a contract with Valencia. Should be available on the cheap. I have seen him a few time, although not flashy he did deliver his fair quota of goals. Would compliment and backup our forward duo of Cisse and Owen.
Carragher and Otsemobor should be able backup (if not replace) Riise and Finnan.
Pablo Aimar could be the classy midfielder you are talking about.

It's all wishlist and opinions at this moment but at least the players we are being linked with now are not some unproven mercanaries who could be the next Viera or Zidane.

Santa
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Santa » Wed Jun 02, 2004 8:29 am

canizares is alright, but how old is he?

I think he is 33 and should be available free. Still one of the very best in Spain at the moment.

Santa
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ckay » Wed Jun 02, 2004 8:30 am

Spot on santa, were linked now with class players and not French 2nd division players.
ckay
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 115-1073096938 » Wed Jun 02, 2004 9:49 am

If you believe anything on tribal football you need your head testing.

End of.
115-1073096938

Postby Stan Laurel » Wed Jun 02, 2004 11:29 am

I am not sure if I believe that rumour from tribalfootball.com.
Stan Laurel
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ckay » Wed Jun 02, 2004 11:32 am

It's also in the daily mirror about getting Canizares on a free.
ckay
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Stan Laurel » Wed Jun 02, 2004 11:35 am

Really, so did you hear last weekend that PSV Eindhoven were interesting to sign Dudek, did you know that?
Stan Laurel
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ckay » Wed Jun 02, 2004 11:38 am

I did!!!

Also heard that the deal is dead because they wanted an imediate answer and wouldn't wait for a new manager to come in.
ckay
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby simic_ie » Wed Jun 02, 2004 11:53 am

To be honest with you I think this rumour is just the rags trying ot fill some space, there is no need for Canizares becaue he wouldn't improve the team anything, we already have two of the best keepers in the Premiership. Besides, I don't think he would come to be a number two.

Any number from the following would do me quite nicely thank you very much.

Aimar - Top class my first choice
Baraja - Quality battling midfielder, maybe too sililar to Gerard but stil an improvement on what we have
Ayala - Tough as nails centre back who, at 31 is getting on a bit, if we could get him at the right price I think we should.
Vicente - Don't know al ot a but him but he is a right winger who is tricky and pace.
“It was my first of the season, my last of the season, my best of the season and the one I will remember for ever.”

- Vladi Smicer after scoring in the CL Final

"I'm not a believer in fate..... until tonight, they're going to win it!"
-  Liam Brady after extra time of CL Final
simic_ie
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby BOODIDDY » Wed Jun 02, 2004 11:58 am

Tribal football is ******. Canizares would be great replacement for dudek (hes ******) Aimar Ayala class, but this is just cheap talk by tribal
BOODIDDY
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Next

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion