Signing up the past - If gh could sign 3 stars of the past ?

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby kopfanade » Sat Oct 25, 2003 10:50 pm

If GH could sign three stars of the past in their glory years and bring them back,who would he sign?
Dalglish,Rush,Hansen ??
Souness,Beardsley,Barnes ??
Molby,C Johnson, Mcmahon.??

Who do you think would turn us into a team to kick Man U's *****.
kopfanade

Postby supersub » Sat Oct 25, 2003 10:56 pm

dalglish,rush and hansen
THERE'S A GREAT BIG BEAUTIFUL TOMORROW SHINING AT THE END OF EVERY DAY.
THERE'S A GREAT BIG BEAUTIFUL TOMORROW AND TOMORROW IS JUST A DREAM AWAY.
supersub
Forum Moderator

Postby azriahmad » Sun Oct 26, 2003 2:05 am

Houllier won't sign any of them because "they are not Liverpool-type of players".
He'd probably sign a Heskey-esque one, a Smicer-esque one and a Biscan-esque one, all at inflated prices and unknowns before he signed them. Then, he'd play them out of their natural position and would praise them for their "solid work" even after Liverpool gets a roasting from the oposition. Then he would single out the most talented player and tell the whole world that that perticular player let the whole team down like waht he did to Steven Gerrard when Liverpool lost to FC Basel in the Champion's league.
Then he'd say that although Liverpool lost convincingly, he was rather pleased that the team created many chances and could have won if four of them went in the net.
But fear not, he would say, because he has a 5 year plan and that the team is "just 10 games away from greatness"!
azriahmad
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Redlester » Sun Oct 26, 2003 5:56 pm

If he had any sense he would - if he could - recall Kenny Dalglish [particularly if the Michael Owen speculation is true], Alan Hansen and Graeme Souness/ Gary McAllister 0 but of course he wouldn't because they aren't French and don't come from French speaking countries / French clubs- I don't mean to sound at all zenophobic and am only going on recent and prospective signings [ie the Boumsong / Cisse rumours]
Redlester

Postby oldredeyes » Sun Oct 26, 2003 10:27 pm

I agree with supersub on this one.
Dalglish was the best all round player I have seen at Liverpool in over 40 years as a supporter. Alan Hansen was the best centre back and captain and Rushie edges out a batch of other players to get the third spot. Although, having said all that, I still have a soft spot for Roger Hunt as a striker and Peter Thompson was the best left winger in Europe at one time. (and if anyone says who's Roger Hunt and Peter Thompson.....).
Peace on earth!
oldredeyes
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion