Ex liverpool stars - To buy tranmere

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby dawson99 » Sat Mar 11, 2006 10:44 am

Robbie Fowler, Steve McManaman and another former Liverpool star from the 1990s are planning a takeover of Tranmere Rovers.

anyone else heard anything about this? im just curious
0118 999 881 999 119 7253
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby JBG » Sat Mar 11, 2006 11:53 am

I've heard about this and I imagine its either Phil Babb or Jason McAteer.

What the hell is Robbie doing this for when he should be focusing on his own football?
Jolly Bob Grumbine.
JBG
LFC Elite Member

Postby The Ace1983 » Sat Mar 11, 2006 11:57 am

Good for them.
The Ace1983
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Gareth G » Sat Mar 11, 2006 2:55 pm

I very much doubt Robbie will be in on this now since moving to Liverpool, I heard this about two or three month's ago, but as said, I don't think Robbie will go with it now he's back at us.
Gareth G
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby H_K_LFC » Sat Mar 11, 2006 5:51 pm

JBG wrote:I've heard about this and I imagine its either Phil Babb or Jason McAteer.

What the hell is Robbie doing this for when he should be focusing on his own football?

why wouldnt he,he doesnt have to take an active role in it.He may just be helping out financially
H_K_LFC
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ivor_the_injun » Sat Mar 11, 2006 7:49 pm

I'd actually like us as a club to link up actively with Tranmere - I've always had a hell of a lot of affection for them, and it'd be good for us to be able to help them out with some of our youth and reserve players.

It'd definitely be mutually beneficial in terms of giving young and fringe players competitive football, and also hopefully bringing Tranmere up a level. They seem to be stuck in a bit of a rut at the moment, and I don't see them getting out of League One anytime soon.

And if Robbie wants to throw a bit of money behind them, I'd have absolutely no complaints. There's nothing wrong with him being a non-active financial backer - the guy's minted, and I'm sure it's money that would otherwise only be sat in an offshore bank account.
ivor_the_injun

Postby Morth » Sat Mar 11, 2006 8:14 pm

I would love it if we could develop some kind of "B" team policy with Tranmere.  Real Madrid has Castilla, most of the big spanish teams have B teams in the lower divisons, and I honestly can't see any negatives around linking up with Tranmere.  They get talented youngsters, we get our youth players some experience. Win - win.
Why does Sea World have a seafood restaurant?
I'm half way through my FISH burger and I realize, Oh my God...
I could be eating a slow learner!

http://www.kopites.net  -  Regularly updated LFC clips and pictures.
Morth

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion