Traore not too keen on houllier

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Paul C » Mon Jun 13, 2005 4:20 pm

From Sky Sports:

Liverpool defender Djimi Traore has revealed that the French players at Anfield felt ostracized during Gerard Houllier's spell at the helm.

Whilst appreciating the work Houllier did on Merseyside, Traore believes the French contingent at the club were not given a fair crack of the whip.

Traore was very much on the periphery during Houllier's tenure but the arrival of Rafa Benitez has revitalised his career at Anfield.

The big stopper continued to reveal that had Houllier stayed in charge then he would have been forced to leave.

''Houllier did a lot of work - he built a great training centre,'' Traore told L'Equipe.

''He was much appreciated by the Englishmen and I can see why.

''But a lot of the French players didn't have a chance to play and express themselves.

''We had to work twice as hard to play. So, I have a mixed view on Houllier.

''Today I proved that it is not down to him that I was there - I deserve to play for Reds.

''Personally, in the end, I didn't trust him anymore. I was upset.

''So many times I knocked on his door saying I wanted to leave the club.

''It was frustrating because I didn't play. And nothing changed.

''If he would have stayed then I would not be at Liverpool anymore. We, the Frenchmen, were frustrated because we saw how it worked at Arsenal.''
Paul C
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby dawson99 » Mon Jun 13, 2005 4:23 pm

go on traore
hes given a few interviews lately and comes across as a real sincere lad
0118 999 881 999 119 7253
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby joependo » Mon Jun 13, 2005 4:24 pm

I thought Traore would of liked Houllier because he is French and so is Houllier.
joependo

Postby Paul C » Mon Jun 13, 2005 4:29 pm

dawson99 wrote:go on traore
hes given a few interviews lately and comes across as a real sincere lad

I saw an interview on the official site a few months ago and he seems a sound lad, he is deffo a confidence player and hopefully Rafa can get him playing better.  :)
Paul C
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Leonmc0708 » Mon Jun 13, 2005 4:31 pm

Paul C wrote:From Sky Sports:

Liverpool defender Djimi Traore has revealed that the French players at Anfield felt ostracized during Gerard Houllier's spell at the helm.

Whilst appreciating the work Houllier did on Merseyside, Traore believes the French contingent at the club were not given a fair crack of the whip.

Traore was very much on the periphery during Houllier's tenure but the arrival of Rafa Benitez has revitalised his career at Anfield.

The big stopper continued to reveal that had Houllier stayed in charge then he would have been forced to leave.

''Houllier did a lot of work - he built a great training centre,'' Traore told L'Equipe.

''He was much appreciated by the Englishmen and I can see why.

''But a lot of the French players didn't have a chance to play and express themselves.

''We had to work twice as hard to play. So, I have a mixed view on Houllier.

''Today I proved that it is not down to him that I was there - I deserve to play for Reds.

''Personally, in the end, I didn't trust him anymore. I was upset.

''So many times I knocked on his door saying I wanted to leave the club.

''It was frustrating because I didn't play. And nothing changed.

''If he would have stayed then I would not be at Liverpool anymore. We, the Frenchmen, were frustrated because we saw how it worked at Arsenal.''

In all honesty we are all capable of reading the Sky Sports site Paul, your views on the article would have been nice.
JUSTICE FOR THE 96

Leonmc0708
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby dawson99 » Mon Jun 13, 2005 4:34 pm

but for thsoe who prefer to read things on here instead of rifling through the sites, thanx paul :D
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby RedRoots » Mon Jun 13, 2005 4:46 pm

He sounds like a good lad but he's a one trick pony, superb tackler but he's dire when he gets forward and can't pass, i can't see these aspects of his game getting any better.
RedRoots

Postby Ace Ventura » Mon Jun 13, 2005 4:46 pm

joependo wrote:I thought Traore would of liked Houllier because he is French and so is Houllier.

a really intelligent comment  :D

ALLLRIGHTY THEN !!
Ace Ventura
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby dawson99 » Mon Jun 13, 2005 4:49 pm

i think traore has got al ot more in his game than he did 12 months ago. he needs to become more consistnent, but doesnt the whole of the team need that?
with him and warnock available at left back i dont think we need to over worry about that position just yet
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby woof woof ! » Mon Jun 13, 2005 5:00 pm

Leonmc0708 wrote:In all honesty we are all capable of reading the Sky Sports site Paul, your views on the article would have been nice.

I prefer the "One Shop One Stop " approach as I can't be ar'sed trawling through every fkin' football related  site on the net . So a big thanx to Paul and all our other rovin' reporters out there.  :D

p.s. Glad you didn't give us your views on the article Paul , I normally skip over your opinions anyway.   :D   :D   :D

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby 76-1115222408 » Mon Jun 13, 2005 5:01 pm

Yea i like Djimi, i absolutely LOVE his slide tackles, personally i dont know anyone with a better slide tackle in the EPL!!!  But i also loved that he stayed at the beginning of the season, even though he had the oppurtunity to go across the park to the Blues, but he was willing to stay and fight for is position under Rafa.......and after reading his comments there, this for me was further enhanced because it is clear that he was unhappy under GH and wanted to leave, so to stay another season after not playing regularly and the possibility that this would continue, goes a long way in my book.
He might not be one of our best players (understatement or what!!! :p ) but he is one of our longest serving players and when you consider how often he DIDNT play under GH we gotta give credit where credit is due, IMHO i may add, as i know there are many who cant stand him.
76-1115222408

Postby woof woof ! » Mon Jun 13, 2005 5:09 pm

RedRoots wrote:He sounds like a good lad but he's a one trick pony, superb tackler but he's dire when he gets forward and can't pass, i can't see these aspects of his game getting any better.

Lets face it ,certain aspects of his game couldn't get much worse .

Agreed he has put it some amazing tackles and made the odd goal line clearance but he couldn't pass you a drink without spillin' it .
In the CL final he made 6 (or was it 7 ? ) consecutive passes straight to the opposition and he had all the time in the world to do it in !

Nice lad but an accident waiting to happen, am I the only one who gets nervous when his name is on the teamsheet ?
Last edited by woof woof ! on Mon Jun 13, 2005 5:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby Leonmc0708 » Mon Jun 13, 2005 5:11 pm

woof woof ! wrote:Nice lad but an accident waiting to happen, am I the only one who gets nervous when his name is on the teamsheet ?

No I worry whats going to go wrong next when he plays.
JUSTICE FOR THE 96

Leonmc0708
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 76-1115222408 » Mon Jun 13, 2005 5:16 pm

Leonmc0708 wrote:
woof woof ! wrote:Nice lad but an accident waiting to happen, am I the only one who gets nervous when his name is on the teamsheet ?

No I worry whats going to go wrong next when he plays.

Agree with both of you, but at least he gives his all for the cause (kewell anyone!!!) even though his ALL is not that much i have to say!!!!!  :;):
76-1115222408

Postby dawson99 » Mon Jun 13, 2005 5:23 pm

not the only one but i think hes getting his admirers now.
its like our keepers, they do make clangers, but so do all keepers, its just more highlighted as its liverpool it seems. id like to give gjimi another season to proove to us he can keep on improving
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Next

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion