Traore not too keen on houllier

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby 76-1115222408 » Mon Jun 13, 2005 5:28 pm

dawson99 wrote:not the only one but i think hes getting his admirers now.
its like our keepers, they do make clangers, but so do all keepers, its just more highlighted as its liverpool it seems. id like to give gjimi another season to proove to us he can keep on improving

yea definetly give him another season, but i think we need to start looking at making him play at centre back (as back-up, before people call for me head!).
I say this because of the improvement that he made in the second half in the CL final, playing on the left of three centre backs.
He definetly has the pace and tackle to play there, Rafa and the coaching team just have to work on his decision making. Also he wont have the ball at his feet as often as when he plays LB, and wont have as many oppurtunities to present possesion to the opposition.
76-1115222408

Postby oakton » Mon Jun 13, 2005 6:32 pm

how could you guys like him? how many times have you seen him kicking the ball straight to an opponent?
oakton

Postby 76-1115222408 » Mon Jun 13, 2005 6:41 pm

oakton wrote:how could you guys like him? how many times have you seen him kicking the ball straight to an opponent?

i hear what you are saying mate, but if that is your argument, then i wouldnt like Garcia too!!  i mean how often does he lose the ball. No matter how you look at it, he is also giving the ball to the opposition.

I would take all of Djimi's loss of possesion in exchange for the many last ditch tackles he made last season, not to mention the goal line clearence in the CL final.
76-1115222408

Postby neilE » Mon Jun 13, 2005 7:08 pm

keep him around - 1 - because he's much better than he was the season before, 2 - he adds to the squad, as cover for left back or centre back, or as the left of 3 CB's, 3 he is willing and committed - but NOT please NOT as our 1st choice left back!
neilE

Postby muttleyp » Mon Jun 13, 2005 7:22 pm

i think he makes a good squad player, just not a starting 11 player. Keep him for maybe another 2 seasons or so, so he can learn his craft better and hopefully improve into a better player from working with rafa. He's good at tackling and his confidence is improving just needs to work on distribution and concentration
muttleyp

Postby Paul C » Mon Jun 13, 2005 8:10 pm

My view: I think Djimi is a good player, he is still young and can definetely develop under Rafa, last season I wrote Traore off but this season he had improved, as most people have touch on his passing is ropey and needs improving but his tackling is very good, I like him at left back cos Riise is given license to get forward :)
Paul C
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Pablo_Escobar » Mon Jun 13, 2005 8:13 pm

joependo wrote:I thought Traore would of liked Houllier because he is French and so is Houllier.

Some managers expect more from their contrymen, so I'm not suprised that Houllier acted this way.
Rafa on the other way relies on his countrymen, and that gives good results.
That kinda attitude and actions depend on a man, and I'm happy that we have Rafa to pick our boys.
Pablo_Escobar
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby woof woof ! » Mon Jun 13, 2005 10:02 pm

Pablo_Escobar wrote:Some managers expect more from their contrymen, so I'm not suprised that Houllier acted this way.

Well i am ! Houllier after all signed the french brigade , what was the point ?

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby JC_81 » Mon Jun 13, 2005 10:22 pm

Ok i think we are all in agreement that traore has improved immensely under rafa.  He gives his all and is always good for sticking out a telescopic leg to save us from a certain goal.

The questions to be asked are:

1.  Is he now good enough to make LB his own?

2.  Will he get beter again next season?

The answer to 1 is simply no.  In the first half against milan he was totally out of his depth, got stripped for pace and was constantly out of position.  And for a big lad his heading is sh.ite, he never gets any direction on the ball if he manages to even make contact.  As already mentioned his distribution also leaves a lot to be desired.  Compare him to Heinze, ashley cole, bridge or even gallas who isn't even an out and out LB.  There is no comparison.  We want to catch the top 3, we need a better LB.

Will he get better?  Well, probably not much better.  He can work on his distribution and heading, but his main defect is positional awareness, which you can't teach.  It comes to some naturally and to others with experience.  Some may never come to master it.

I believe rafa is getting the best out of him as it is.  Its easy to get sentimental after we won the cup and he had a good 2nd half, but lets face it, he's not good enough :(
JC_81
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby AussieKopite » Tue Jun 14, 2005 2:30 pm

Would I be right in guessing that there was no French Connection? :D
You'll never walk alone.

Twitter: @AussieKopite
AussieKopite
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Pablo_Escobar » Tue Jun 14, 2005 2:40 pm

woof woof ! wrote:
Pablo_Escobar wrote:Some managers expect more from their contrymen, so I'm not suprised that Houllier acted this way.

Well i am ! Houllier after all signed the french brigade , what was the point ?

To favor your countrymen is one thing, but expect more from them is another.
As I've said earlier - Rafa has a different view and thank God for that :)
Pablo_Escobar
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby AussieKopite » Tue Jun 14, 2005 2:43 pm

I have a feeling Luis Garcia will come along very well this year.
You'll never walk alone.

AussieKopite
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 76-1115222408 » Tue Jun 14, 2005 2:47 pm

52299818 wrote:I have a feeling Luis Garcia will come along very well this year.

What has that got to do with this thread !!!
76-1115222408

Postby AussieKopite » Wed Jun 15, 2005 1:11 pm

Its related because I don't think that Rafa will do the same as what Houllier did for his countrymen. I think Rafa will give the Spaniards a fair go.
You'll never walk alone.

AussieKopite
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby anfieldadorer » Wed Jun 15, 2005 1:19 pm

the only reason for me to keep traore is that we have to face a very long journey this season, we need a big squad. Given the fact the money is relatively limited, we also need quantity players beside quality. Traore doesn't meet the first team requirement, but he's more than good for reserves.
Last edited by anfieldadorer on Wed Jun 15, 2005 1:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
anfieldadorer
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion