Transfers!

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby KennyisGod....still » Mon Jan 03, 2005 8:07 pm

Oh yeah, lets make Bolton pay a kings ransom for El Hadjii Spit......2.5 million per spit was alot of dough to 'splash'!! :D
Stu Averill, a wannabe Scouse/Scot. I remember the good times & have faith in them comin back

Beside the Hillsborough Flame, I heard a Koppite mournin, "Why so many taken on that day?" Justice has never been done. But their memory we'll carry on. There'll be Glory Round The Fields Of Anfield Road
KennyisGod....still
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby begbie » Mon Jan 03, 2005 8:09 pm

The only other thing with Morientes is the feeling that he isnt one for knuckling down if things arent going right.

He did well at Monaco, but there he was a big fish in a small pond.

Dont get me wrong I would certainly like to see Morientes signed, but I think overall I would prefer Anelka - proven Premiership goalscorer (Thanks Ged for buying Diouf instead  :angry: )
begbie

Postby Paul C » Mon Jan 03, 2005 8:13 pm

I dunno why he plays Diao either, the lad simply isn't good enough, I'd also have Morientes over Anelka but we'll have to wait and see what happenes in the next week or so, personally if I was Morientes I'd bin Real off as he's been there a long time and hasn't had a look in for a while now ???
Paul C
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby begbie » Mon Jan 03, 2005 8:21 pm

It all depends if his mate Raul can get him back in the team under the new boss - as we all know player power seems to rule with Real

I wonder if they'd let us have Zidane on a free....
begbie

Postby mrcool2003 » Mon Jan 03, 2005 9:58 pm

addicted norwegian wrote:It has to be a rather frustrating situation for Benitez. Signing one or maybe even two quality strikers, like i.e. Morientes, Villa, Anelka or Aimar, what happens the day Baros and Cissè are back from injury.
Baros, Cissè, Mellor, Sinama, Morientes/Aimar/Anelka/Villa/Tristan and also Garcia and Kewell as cover. It seems a bit crowded to me  ??? 

If Hamann isn`t given a new contract, and leaves Anfield during January, we will have a central midfield counting Gerrard, Diao and Biscan until Alonso returns from injury. That doesn`t exactly sound like the mid capable of taking on Chelsea and Arsenal. I hope that Diarra proves to be an asset to the team when his loan-period expires, but I guess that there isn`t any chance of him fielding at Anfield until the end of this season. Seeing Diao among the starting 11 against manure, I sense that it would be like playing 90 mins with one player red carded even before kick off.

I think that we all agreed before kick off this campaign that we were in the need of a class central defender. As things have turned out this could be the only part of our squad that isn`t  strenghtened. Carra has playing like a God and Traore has showed that he wasn`t a horrible football-player after all.

There`s little doubt that we have limited funds to spend on the transfermarket during January. My biggest fear is that if we spend it all on strikers we only push our problems ahead of us. If Hyypia or Carragher gets injured it doesn`t do us any good having 3 top class strikers and two hungry youngsters available ???

I hope that at the end of Jan we`ve signed one top class striker, Hamann is still Red and therer has been brought in a top class central defender with pace and physical strength as his main skills

as i said before, traore isn't a good player, hes average at best and i do not want him forming our future defense, especially if we want to compete with the likes of chelsea, arsenal and man utd

diao and traore and biscan, diao hasnt improved at all under rb still ******, how houllier thought he was good is beyond me, must of got stevie wonder to scout him as well as alot of other players he bought but anyway

traore, yes has improved alittle but still average and biscan again improved but i doubt hes good enough either, so all in all i'd say theres 3 players that sooner or later will be gone i hope
mrcool2003
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby yckatbjywtbiastkamb » Mon Jan 03, 2005 11:55 pm

i`d keep traore, he`s got all the things needed in a decent centre half especially pace, and has a good last ditch tackle.
his positional sense and decision making on the ball need to be worked on but he has all the raw materials.
he has a lot more natural gifts than carragher who has made a niche for himself at centre half.
there were calls for years to sell carragher based on the asumption that for a lad who played centre mid for most of his youth his distribution was awful.
some players like rooney burst on to the scene in a blaze of glory and tend to reach a plateau.
others, like carragher develop with experience and age.
the trick is to stick with the players you think have got the capacity to improve. i think with experience and schooling in the finer arts of marshalling a back four djimi could develop into a decent centre half.

You Can Shoot All The Blue Jays You Want To But Its A Sin To Kill A Mocking Bird
yckatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Super Member

Postby The Canadian Red Army » Tue Jan 04, 2005 4:17 am

Liverpool "working hard" to make new signings
tribalfootball.com - January 3, 2005

Liverpool boss Rafa Benitez says the club is "working hard" to bring in new signings this month.

Speaking after yesterday's victory over Norwich, Benitez said: "This week were are working hard and trying to buy new players to increase the level of competition between the players but I am very happy with the squad.

"If we find some players, then OK but if we don't find [them] then we will go on with our players."

The Liverpool boss added: "We have some possibilities, but I cannot say."

well hopefully this isnt true

Valencia president Soler: Aimar is happy here
tribalfootball.com - January 4, 2005

Valencia president Juan Soler has dismissed reports linking midfielder Pablo Aimar with a move to Liverpool.

Soler held clear-the-air talks with Aimar upon his return from winter holidays over the weekend and said yesterday: "I've spoken with him and he's told me he's very happy at Valencia.

"There is no Aimar story. This sort of thing has happened at the same time every year for the past three years."

Aimar was quoted in the British press last month that he wanted a move to Liverpool to be reunited with his former Che coach Rafa Benitez.
RIP - Drummerphil - YNWA
" Whats a holly kipper CRA? Is that a scene from batman and Robin :D" - CGGY
This is soo true - Daniel - sweetest guy in the world,soft and gentle but good in bed! hes a keeper!!!!!!
The Canadian Red Army
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby The Canadian Red Army » Tue Jan 04, 2005 4:22 am

sorry guys for the double post, this is a new one to me so i had to post it

Deportivo La Coruna confident of beating Liverpool for Juanito
tribalfootball.com - January 4, 2005

Deportivo La Coruna are chasing Malaga defender Juanito.

The 24 year-old centre-half is off contract at the end of the season and preparing to move to a bigger club.

Depor president Augusto Caesar Lendoiro is keen to concentrate his efforts in the Bosman market this year and has been told by intermediaries that Juanito is keen on a move to the Riazor.

But Depor will face competition from Liverpool, where manager Rafa Benitez is a big fan of Juanito and made an enquiry after the defender last August.
RIP - Drummerphil - YNWA
This is soo true - Daniel - sweetest guy in the world,soft and gentle but good in bed! hes a keeper!!!!!!
The Canadian Red Army
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby gato_busta » Tue Jan 04, 2005 4:37 am

seems pellegrino is already closing the deal with liverpool, found this spanish link http://www.as.com/articul....=dasftb
"Jugadores hay muchos, ídolos muy pocos"

Descansa en paz Claudia (9/10/1984 - 11/25/2007)
gato_busta

Postby The Canadian Red Army » Tue Jan 04, 2005 4:44 am

gato_busta wrote:seems pellegrino is already closing the deal with liverpool, found this spanish link http://www.as.com/articul....=dasftb

good to hear
and for all of those here that dont speak spanish
heres the translated version of the artical

PELLEGRINO WILL GO AL LIVERPOOL WITH RAFA BENÍTEZ

Mauricio Pellegrino is on the verge of closing its transfer al joint English of the Liverpool that coaches Rafa Benítez.  Sunday night the first contacts between the club they were initiated and the Argentine head office and already during the day from yesterday the former technician of the Valencia was put in communication with the sports director of the Valencia, Eduardo Maciá, to notify him his interest in hiring al central albiceleste.  Pellegrino obtained before end of year a document signed by the general director, Manuel Cry you, by the one that him was assured that no team should credit any quantity in the case to wanted to hire it. 

The Argentine expects that be closed the operation quickly and recognized yesterday after the session vespertina that "did not expect that an opportunity arrived me as this although yes I have worked a lot to obtain it.  I expect that the decision that adopt be the adequate one for my future". 

The central valencianista declared that him does not remain another option that to be gone since Ranieri does not count on him.  "My intention was to comply the contract until the end of season but here no longer I have option to play, my desire is at least two years ago more and the option of the Liverpool is very good".
RIP - Drummerphil - YNWA
The Canadian Red Army
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby yckatbjywtbiastkamb » Tue Jan 04, 2005 9:41 am

yeah, it looks like were going to sign him. looks a bit of a backward step in my opinion considering his age and the fact that the defence seems okay at the moment.
he`s even older than sami.   ???
once he signs i`ll back him but cant figure this one out.
the one thing our squad isn`t short of is `squad` players.
houllier used to collect them like stamps.
i`d rather go for quality or dont bother.
then again benitez knows what he is doing.

You Can Shoot All The Blue Jays You Want To But Its A Sin To Kill A Mocking Bird
yckatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Super Member

Postby addicted norwegian » Tue Jan 04, 2005 11:11 am

The biggest Norwegian Newspaper, VG, links Bayer Leverkusen-striker Dimitar Berbatov to Liverpool. Sounds a bit strange considering CL and all  ???

Have anybody else heard anything on this?
addicted norwegian
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby SALTROCK67 » Tue Jan 04, 2005 11:46 am

According to sky sports Henchoz in talks with Rangers over a move. :grinning:
SALTROCK67

Postby Redrider » Tue Jan 04, 2005 11:52 am

Does anyone want Diao ?
Redrider
LFC Super Member

Postby andy_g » Tue Jan 04, 2005 11:57 am

thanks, but no.

Get up! everybody's gonna move their feet