Transfers - Who do you want in and out?

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Raj_Xedos » Fri Aug 25, 2006 5:16 pm

Bringin Kuyt to anfield gives Rafa a great problem......

Who does he start with....

I reckon his best starting strike partnership will be Crouch and Bellamy but why would Rafa spend 10m on a sub.....so I'm not sure....

What do you think? ???
Raj_Xedos

Postby 5 stars » Sun Aug 27, 2006 1:28 pm

I think the two main partnerships will either Crouch/Bellamy or Kuyt/Bellamy. The Crouch/Bellamy partnership will be used when need to break down teams, that we know have come Anfield to try and get a point. Crouch is perfect for this as he can be around the 8 yard box, knocking it down for Bellamy or Gerrard. Crouch has less affect on the match when he is playing further up the field, as he doesn’t have the pace to take advantage of the space in behind. 

Kuyt/Bellamy partnership will get used when we know that the other team is going to push forward. Leaving space in behind, for both of them to take advantage off. IMO, this is were we could see some goals coming from counter attacks.

We will use the other partnerships of Crouch/Kuyt and we will see Robbie play his part. I hope Luis gets some more opportunities playing 2nd striker of Crouch as well.

But, personally the Kuyt/Bellamy partnership looks the most exciting. :)
5 stars

Postby scott hitman johnston » Sun Aug 27, 2006 8:42 pm

I agree with 5 stars, Dirk Kuyt and Craig Bellamy looks the most exciting partnership, they linked up very well. And Kuyt looks as though he''l take the Premiership by storm he can easily get over 15 league goals this season and more in Europe and the F.A Cup. Kuyt looked as though  he had been playing with Bellamy for years and he worked well with Gerrard.:)
scott hitman johnston

Postby Cool Hand Luke » Sun Aug 27, 2006 11:59 pm

I think we are finished with transfers this window unless we look to replace someone who is leaving.

I have to admit that I feel uncomfortable with Hamann leaving, I have a bad feeling we will regret that, I don’t believe as some say that it was Hamann who pushed for the transfer. He was happy towards the end of last year and seemed very positive about his season and was looking forward to the next. I think it was more of a case of getting a big earner off the wage bill, Rafa probably explained to him that he wanted to use Zenden as the 4th choice so it was better for him to move on, I think he will regret it, you cant replace that sort of quality and experience.

On the whole I’m happy with what we got in, except maybe Pennant, nothing against him personally, I was just hoping to get someone in on the right that was going to make a major improvement to the first team, which I don’t believe Pennant does, I think he is a compromise signing more than anything else.

But overall it has been a good window for us.

i think yes what about you
Cool Hand Luke
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby stmichael » Mon Aug 28, 2006 1:18 am

don't be surprised to see rafa renew interest in alves either in january or next summer. i watched him again against barca in the super cup the other day and he was firghteningly good. i'm a fan of finnan but this guy would add another dimension to our play.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby account deleted by request » Mon Aug 28, 2006 1:37 am

stmichael wrote:don't be surprised to see rafa renew interest in alves either in january or next summer. i watched him again against barca in the super cup the other day and he was firghteningly good. i'm a fan of finnan but this guy would add another dimension to our play.

I hope you are right StMichael, like most on here I was bitterly disapointed when we didnt sign him, and Kromkamps performance since has only added to my regrets.
account deleted by request

Postby drummerphil » Tue Aug 29, 2006 11:39 pm

I will take Henry if no one wants him,i'm sure he could do us a job especially if Crouch gets injured :p :laugh: :p :laugh:
my reason for living

Bob Paisley : "Still we've had the hard times too - one year we finished second."

drummerphil
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby RUSHIE#9 » Tue Aug 29, 2006 11:46 pm

drummerphil wrote:I will take Henry if no one wants him,i'm sure he could do us a job especially if Crouch gets injured :p :laugh: :p :laugh:

C'mon on Phil, thats a bit harsh init? Surely Henry would need help from somebody like Eto'o or Ronaldinho to fill Crouchinho's boots.  :laugh:  :laugh:
RUSHIE#9
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Raj_Xedos » Wed Aug 30, 2006 12:10 am

does any one else think that a loan deal for woodgate would have been a tidy loan signing for us??
Raj_Xedos

Postby Olai » Wed Aug 30, 2006 1:09 am

Tomorrow PSV will contact Liverpool regarding Jan Kromkamp. His salary won't be a problem (anymore) for PSV (the chiefs gave there O.K.)
Olai

Postby azriahmad » Wed Aug 30, 2006 2:40 am

Speaking of transfers, just take a look at Spurs with such a bloated side, especially in midfield, they're about to add 3 more by the end of the transfer window - Malbranque, Chimbonda and Mido.

I really wonder how much debt they're building up, it seems that Martin Jol keeps changing his mind, after acquiring several players, he goes out to buy more in similar positions.
azriahmad
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Raj_Xedos » Wed Aug 30, 2006 7:27 pm

Olai wrote:Tomorrow PSV will contact Liverpool regarding Jan Kromkamp. His salary won't be a problem (anymore) for PSV (the chiefs gave there O.K.)

source please??
Raj_Xedos

Postby Olai » Wed Aug 30, 2006 8:50 pm

I'm sorry, can't tell..
PSV are negociating with 4 players at this time: Kluivert, Kromkamp, Zaki and Tardelli (loan). More should be clear tomorrow at 24:00, can't give more details.
PSV is willing to pay Kromkamp's salary and Kromkamp's willing to leave. Hope it will work out.
Olai

Postby RUSHIE#9 » Wed Aug 30, 2006 11:01 pm

Olai wrote:I'm sorry, can't tell..
PSV are negociating with 4 players at this time: Kluivert, Kromkamp, Zaki and Tardelli (loan). More should be clear tomorrow at 24:00, can't give more details.
PSV is willing to pay Kromkamp's salary and Kromkamp's willing to leave. Hope it will work out.

Are you related to welshwizzard???
RUSHIE#9
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Olai » Wed Aug 30, 2006 11:15 pm

nope
Olai

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion