Thursday night - Get behind the lads

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby stmichael » Mon Mar 08, 2004 5:09 pm

Liverpool fans will unite to show their support for the team and manager once again at Thursday's UEFA Cup tie against Marseille.

During what has been a difficult few weeks for everyone at Anfield the true Liverpudlians have proved that they are among the best in the business by publicly backing under-fire Gerard Houllier and his players.

Such loyalty is what fans of this club are renowned for and on Thursday they will again display to the outside world that in times of crisis no-one at this club walks alone by unveiling another of the now famous Kop mosaics.

Lets just hope the players respond on the pitch, i'm sure you'll all agree.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby hotee_f » Mon Mar 08, 2004 5:25 pm

:( All i want to say is the club is a s##t. I am such a fan of the reda but when u learn that they building a new stadium which cannot be extended, now they are over-protective of houllier, they will probably lose owen and now they want support. Arsenal is richer than us too. So its time to say go and f**k u the board.
hotee_f

Postby JBG » Tue Mar 09, 2004 5:03 pm

I will always support the team, but I disagree with GH's policies and I think the board is weak.

I repeat, though, that I will always support the team.
Jolly Bob Grumbine.
JBG
LFC Elite Member

Postby Coley » Tue Mar 09, 2004 5:07 pm

I'll be cheering them on on Thursday too.  We have to try and put our opinions to one side during the games.  The kop were great against Levski and we all got singing in the end (even us Centenary stand gimps :;): )
Coley

Postby greenred » Tue Mar 09, 2004 5:37 pm

support for Houllier will just strengthen his position.Support the team but please do not support GH.
ImageImageImage
greenred
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ckay » Tue Mar 09, 2004 5:44 pm

But if you don't support GH then the bad vibe will only be passed to the players.
ckay
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby supersub » Tue Mar 09, 2004 5:57 pm

If the players have an ounce of pride in themselves,they will give 100% and won't blow the game.All this "we did it for the boss" because he's at home with the flu,or "I scored for me Mrs. cause she's havin' me baby" cr#p.I certainly hope the players play for themselves,the fans and everyone connected to Liverpool Football Club not just for GH.When I played football,I played to win because I love to win and not because I'm doing it to save someone from taking some stick.If the players don't perform then they should shoulder some responsibility and we have every right to let them now if they fall below exceptable standards of commitement to Liverpool F.C.
THERE'S A GREAT BIG BEAUTIFUL TOMORROW SHINING AT THE END OF EVERY DAY.
THERE'S A GREAT BIG BEAUTIFUL TOMORROW AND TOMORROW IS JUST A DREAM AWAY.
supersub
Forum Moderator

Postby REDTILLDEAD » Wed Mar 10, 2004 12:25 am

iI will support the team but not houllier!! i will not hold up any mosaic cos, it will give the wrong signal to this weak board of ours. :(
"THERE ARE TWO GREAT FOOTBALL TEAMS IN LIVERPOOL"
  LIVERPOOL..........................AND LIVERPOOL RESERVES!
REDTILLDEAD
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby JohnBull » Wed Mar 10, 2004 11:51 pm

I can't remember if it was the late 60s or early 70s but I was one of those Koppites who used to Boo Shanks because he wouldn't play St John who was nearing the the end of his career but not the end of his love affair with the Kop. The whole secret of Liverpool supporters in those days was that they were aknowledged as the most knowledgable supporters in the world - the first to applaud GOOD visiting goalkeepers to applaud good performances by visiting teams but willing to die for their side.
This thursday if the side shows the same committment as the supporters there will be no problem, as it should be. If the team makes the same effort - then good. They will never have to make the same sacrifice, moneywise, but they should try to understand it.
Support should be a two-way affair. The Anfield crowd have made a goal difference many many times with a team that deserved it!!!
JohnBull
JohnBull
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Supermarius » Thu Mar 11, 2004 1:33 am

My old man told me the Liverpool fans once CARRIED  a visiting goalkeeper (might have been P.Jennings) off the pitch after he performed heroics at anfield ...if thats true thats awesome
Q: You're trapped in a room with a tiger, a rattlesnake, and a Manchester United Fan. You have a gun with two bullets. What should you do?

A: Shoot the United Fan. Twice.
Supermarius

Postby shilton_red » Thu Mar 11, 2004 11:50 am

Support Liverpool and support GH . What has he done wrong . OK hes made errors but there is time to save this season still all is not lost and it finishes in May 2004 not in March .
"WHEN YOU WALK THROUGH A STORM , HOLD YOUR HEAD UP
HIGH AND DONT BE AFRAID OF THE DARK ".
shilton_red

Postby ckay » Thu Mar 11, 2004 11:59 am

Spot on mate. I was sat in the pub the other week watching Liverpool V portsmouth and this so called die hard fan did nothing but slag us off from the start. Get behind you team! All that constant abuse does is sap any confidence that a team has.
Wait till we play newcastle. After the game then you can reflect on the season.
ckay
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 115-1073096938 » Thu Mar 11, 2004 1:05 pm

Liverpool fans will unite to show their support for the team and manager once again at Thursday's UEFA Cup tie against Marseille.

During what has been a difficult few weeks for everyone at Anfield the true Liverpudlians have proved that they are among the best in the business by publicly backing under-fire Gerard Houllier and his players.

Such loyalty is what fans of this club are renowned for and on Thursday they will again display to the outside world that in times of crisis no-one at this club walks alone by unveiling another of the now famous Kop mosaics.

Lets just hope the players respond on the pitch, i'm sure you'll all agree.

Is that sense i see written?

Offering support?

Whats the world coming to. Glad i know am not alone. :)
115-1073096938

Postby steppenwolf » Thu Mar 11, 2004 1:21 pm

hotee_f wrote:they will probably lose owen

What makes you say that ?  ???
THIS IS ANFIELD
steppenwolf

Postby JBG » Thu Mar 11, 2004 1:27 pm

Chris/Supersub: can you do something about this kind of Spam?
Jolly Bob Grumbine.
JBG
LFC Elite Member

Next

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion