A thursday five - New season almost upon us.

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby daglish76 » Fri Aug 03, 2007 11:42 am

Morning All!

David Pleat has offered his predictions for the coming season- and reckons Liverpool will finish second in the Premiership!

Pleat, writing in ‘The Season’, free with Monday’s Guardian, thinks Liverpool are showing great ambition with their new international-class talent: “Although Torres could be a fantastic, with his touch and goal scoring potential, I see Benayoun as the most vital addition”.

Checkout Pleat’s analysis, a full season preview and many other special features in The Season, free on Monday.

Cheers

http://blogs.guardian.co.uk/sport....er.html
Liverpool Blog
daglish76

Postby Leonmc0708 » Fri Aug 03, 2007 3:03 pm

daglish76 wrote:Morning All!

David Pleat has offered his predictions for the coming season- and reckons Liverpool will finish second in the Premiership!

Pleat, writing in ‘The Season’, free with Monday’s Guardian, thinks Liverpool are showing great ambition with their new international-class talent: “Although Torres could be a fantastic, with his touch and goal scoring potential, I see Benayoun as the most vital addition”.

Checkout Pleat’s analysis, a full season preview and many other special features in The Season, free on Monday.

Cheers

http://blogs.guardian.co.uk/sport....er.html
Liverpool Blog

If you join a website for publicitiy purposes then you could at least make sure you can spell correctly, especially when it is one of the greatest servants . . . .

Kenny Dalglish played for Liverpool you plank.
JUSTICE FOR THE 96

Leonmc0708
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby RichardLFC1 » Sat Aug 04, 2007 7:24 pm

1. THe owners have lived up to my expectations. They have Given Rafa the money to get the players he needed and i think they have delivered what was expected

2. I hope theres not another season full of rotation. My prefered strike partnership would be Torres and Kuyt. However i think all 4 will be used alot maybe Torres as the main striker

3. Im not too sure what to think. Getting rid of Anfied could be getting rid of the atmosphere. The ground getting alot bigger could go either way.

4. Heinze i wanted to come in and it doesnt look as if that will happen now. Im dissapointed

5. Hopefully we win it. Last two seasons weve finished 3rd so we should be looking to improve on that position.

Well when we do good in the cl we dont seem to have the league positioning to match. Maybe the Fa cup or Carling cup. But The premiership must be priority

RIP DRUMMERPHIL
RichardLFC1
LFC Super Member

Postby Raoul » Sun Aug 05, 2007 1:35 pm

LegBarnes wrote:

The Ace1983 wrote:1. After a summer where we've spent big and designed a brand new Anfield, how do you feel about our new owners? If you were anxious, has your anxiety gone? Have Mr Hicks and Mr Gillett won you over, or were you always confident that they were the right guys for the job?

Happy so far.  Time will tell, but I like (most of) what I hear and see.  They know what they are doing, and that is reasuring.

The Ace1983 wrote:2. Voronin, Babel, Torres, Kuyt and Crouch. These are our strikers. Who's going to score us the most goals in this coming season? And what do you think Rafa's prefered partnership will be?

Torres I think, mainly because, along with Kuyt, he'll be Rafa first pick.  Crouch will be second top scorer with far less starts.  Babel will play on the flank as much as up front.

The Ace1983 wrote:3. The new stadium: A revolution in stadium architecture or an eyesore? How would you feel if it wasn't called Anfield?

Awesome.  Anfield or New Anfield for me, nothing else respects the heritage of the club.

The Ace1983 wrote:4. We were linked with a lot of players over the summer. Is there any one player that was rumoured to be heading our way that we didn't get who you wish we had? Were you salivating over Simao, or mesmerized by Mancini?

Alves or perhaps Mancini.  Actually, a good winger was top of my list, so Babel and Yossi are a wee bit disappointing.  Still, with Pennant and Kewell, supported by Leto, Babel and Yossi we might have all we need.

The Ace1983 wrote:5. You probably saw this one coming: Where do you think we'll finish this season in the Premiership? Are we destined to reclaim our crown, or will it be another season as an "also ran"?

I expect it'll be 3rd again.  I can live with this if the gap between 1st is dramatically lessened.  I expect more of a dogfight this year with the 'top four' and 'top two' being hard to pick for quite some time.

The Ace1983 wrote:Bonus Question:
Do you have the feeling that we'll win a cup this year? League Cup? FA Cup? Or Old Big Ears?

I have the feeling we'll win something every year!  Must be time for another FA Cup.
"Life is not just about money. There are other things, important things that have a different kind of value. Anyone from Liverpool could tell you that."

- Jamie Carragher
Raoul
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Sabre » Sun Aug 05, 2007 2:19 pm

1.- So far, so good.

2.- I think that the numbers will be something like Leon has predicted. I think both Kuyt and Crouch will be benefited of the danger that Torres creates by himself, but I don't think Torres will score more than 10, without the penalties he used to throw. All in all I think our forward line is much stronger than it used to be, which is nice.

3.- It looks nice. I'd preffer a "New Anfield" kind of name but I doubt it's going to be possible.

4.- Not really dissapointed. I only know well Liverpool players, RS players, and the players that catch my eye in the Spanish league. I do not know well the Mancinis and Heinzes so I'm just waiting to see everybody playing (in league) and judge them. I was hoping a "Silva" or a "Vicente" for the left though.

5.- We can win it, or we can be third again, but I sincerely think that if we focus on the league we'll improve the third position we got last season and can win it. No one can tell what will happen though.

Bonus: F.A cup again.
SOS member #1499

Drummerphil, never forgotten.
Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion