A thursday five - New season almost upon us.

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby The Ace1983 » Thu Aug 02, 2007 12:48 pm

It's nearly here! I hate tennis balls, golf balls, baseballs and although I don't mind cricket balls, they haven't got anything on good ol' fashioned footballs. A new season is almost ready for kick-off and Liverpool has had one of its most interesting off seasons of all time. We've got new players, new owners, plans for a new stadium and a new opportunity to win the league. So, in honour of this new beginning, I've come up with a Thursday Five.

1. After a summer where we've spent big and designed a brand new Anfield, how do you feel about our new owners? If you were anxious, has your anxiety gone? Have Mr Hicks and Mr Gillett won you over, or were you always confident that they were the right guys for the job?

2. Voronin, Babel, Torres, Kuyt and Crouch. These are our strikers. Who's going to score us the most goals in this coming season? And what do you think Rafa's prefered partnership will be?

3. The new stadium: A revolution in stadium architecture or an eyesore? How would you feel if it wasn't called Anfield?

4. We were linked with a lot of players over the summer. Is there any one player that was rumoured to be heading our way that we didn't get who you wish we had? Were you salivating over Simao, or mesmerized by Mancini?

5. You probably saw this one coming: Where do you think we'll finish this season in the Premiership? Are we destined to reclaim our crown, or will it be another season as an "also ran"?

Bonus Question:
Do you have the feeling that we'll win a cup this year? League Cup? FA Cup? Or Old Big Ears?
The Ace1983
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby LegBarnes » Thu Aug 02, 2007 1:02 pm

The Ace1983 wrote:It's nearly here! I hate tennis balls, golf balls, baseballs and although I don't mind cricket balls, they haven't got anything on good ol' fashioned footballs. A new season is almost ready for kick-off and Liverpool has had one of its most interesting off seasons of all time. We've got new players, new owners, plans for a new stadium and a new opportunity to win the league. So, in honour of this new beginning, I've come up with a Thursday Five.

1. After a summer where we've spent big and designed a brand new Anfield, how do you feel about our new owners? If you were anxious, has your anxiety gone? Have Mr Hicks and Mr Gillett won you over, or were you always confident that they were the right guys for the job?

2. Voronin, Babel, Torres, Kuyt and Crouch. These are our strikers. Who's going to score us the most goals in this coming season? And what do you think Rafa's prefered partnership will be?

3. The new stadium: A revolution in stadium architecture or an eyesore? How would you feel if it wasn't called Anfield?

4. We were linked with a lot of players over the summer. Is there any one player that was rumoured to be heading our way that we didn't get who you wish we had? Were you salivating over Simao, or mesmerized by Mancini?

5. You probably saw this one coming: Where do you think we'll finish this season in the Premiership? Are we destined to reclaim our crown, or will it be another season as an "also ran"?

Bonus Question:
Do you have the feeling that we'll win a cup this year? League Cup? FA Cup? Or Old Big Ears?

1. owners i am liking but i think they had to do what they have done really to ge the fans with them i personaly think stadium was going to come any ways and its a common thing for new owners to come in nowa days and let alot of money go for transfers it shows a sign of comitment that fans need to see to trust new owners so , so far so good imo we will see the true owners if things start to go wrong over next 5 years.

2. i like look of Voronin he is very dark horse looking good in warm up but u can count it as form the same way torres and babel you can say they bad just for notr score yet but i think they all show a bit of class in small moments up front.

I think tho crouch will be top scorer this season if he gets a good ammount of games he is by far the best finisher we have at this moment in time from what i have seen.

3. well i dunno i dont really like the name new anfield dont know why , stanley park is ok i guess look i dont wanna say really because it isnt really my choice i am a liverpool fan but i wasnt born in liverpool so i would feel so humble to have any sort of say on this matter its some thing the real home grow fans should have a say on not me.

4. no i am happy so far with what we got more might come as well so i trust raffa the gaffa to bring in the class we need he done a great job so far like you said been the best transfer market for us for a long time.

5. i hope like all 1st but i am not going to jinx us i hope we can get into CL and close the gap on the manc and cheksy by  5-10 points and if we do get that close its gonna be one fun season !  :rasp .

Well i get a feel every year we can win ECL every year now we got players who know how to win it so why not and cups can always be won but my tip this season is the FA cup i got really good feeling bout it i had same feeling 2 year ago lets keep our fingers crossed  :idea
LegBarnes
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby red37 » Thu Aug 02, 2007 1:13 pm

They seem to be true to their word. At first i was cautious of there typical yankee 'bravado' - but it has become clear, they will back up that confidence with actions. So far.

I think there will be an even spread of goals shared between the attack. This will alleviate pressure directly off one or two individuals being banked on to come up with the goods. If i had to suggest two that Rafa might prefer...it would be Kuyt and Torres. Although im looking forward to seeing how Voronin fares in the Prem.

Revolutionary, i like it even though i detest glass everywhere -The new Kop Grandstand looks awesome, even more so when all the gaping corners are filled in. I feel its important to retain the name Anfield, though there is every chance a corporate sponsor may get their two-pennorths worth, it would be nice if as much heritage and history was incorporated into the new design as possible.

For me, it was Tevez. Im not going into detail, except to say he is the type of player we (still) appear to be short of.

Ive said before id be happy with 3rd, provided the gap is drastically reduced. Anything higher would be a major bonus.

Bonus Question:
Do you have the feeling that we'll win a cup this year? League Cup? FA Cup? Or Old Big Ears

As long as we are competitive in the league title, have a decent cup run or two, any silverware is always welcome. Who knows. Although i'll say this..considering the revenue income from the Champions league aside (which cannot be dismissed) Id prefer the team to focus their attention domestically this year. Now if that sounds like im not bothered by the CL..fine, so be it. (anyway, Rome will be better for winning it next year)  :cool:

TITANS of HOPE
red37
LFC Guru Member

Postby Kukilon » Thu Aug 02, 2007 1:15 pm

The Ace1983 wrote:It's nearly here! I hate tennis balls, golf balls, baseballs and although I don't mind cricket balls, they haven't got anything on good ol' fashioned footballs. A new season is almost ready for kick-off and Liverpool has had one of its most interesting off seasons of all time. We've got new players, new owners, plans for a new stadium and a new opportunity to win the league. So, in honour of this new beginning, I've come up with a Thursday Five.

Bonus Question:

1. Best owners in the world so far. Rafa has been given lots of dough and our new arena is probably the best one I have seen in my life.

2. Great bunch of strikers to be honest. I have my doubts about Torres but I hope he makes it. I think Rafa will Start playing Kuyt and Torres. But Crouch will get plenty of time on the field. Babel will only play on the wing. Voronin will play the least of them but more than Babel as a striker. Crouch is my favourite.

3. A revolution in stadium architecture and I won't mind if they sell the naming rights because I will still call it New Anfield/Anfield anyhow.

4. I was hoping for Alves and Tevez from a footballing perspektive. But if they don't want to play here then they can bugger off to crapville for all I care.

5. I think we will win it but I'll be pleased if we finish anywhere between 1-3. Fourth is not a option anymore.

Bonus: All of them.
Kukilon
LFC Super Member

Postby europian-kings » Thu Aug 02, 2007 1:19 pm

Bonus Question:

1. i had confidence in them starting from day 1. when we were linked with the dubai group i was a little causious on weather it was the right move but this one i was positive it would be a great move forward.

2. im really not sure. ive been really impressed with voronin throught the pre season but i still however think he will be the robbie fowler of last season (plays the least amount of games out of the strikers). i think crouch or torres will score the most.

3. i would be disappointed if it wasn't named anfield but if it came between stanely park or a sponsered stadium i.e emmeriates i would go with stanely park.

4. some of you will disagree im sure but i really wanted owen back. just to see owen in a liverpool shirt again i would have loved but thsi year there was very little rumor this would happen. i would like a left back before the season begins.

5. i think the only two things that prevented us from doing brilliant in the lague last season were that 1. we needed a striker who can score 25+ goals, and 2.benitez's rotating. i think if benitez starts to keep the same team for a few games instead of his rotation tactic we would be a far better team. if we can sort out these minor problems and get a decent start to the season (including a win over chelsea) then we can win it! :buttrock
europian-kings
LFC Super Member

Postby stmichael » Thu Aug 02, 2007 1:37 pm

Bonus Question:

1. Excellent. Was impressed with them from day 1. Said all the right things at the first press conference (apart from calling us "a franchise") :D and it has gone on from there. Of course you had the normal knee-jerk reactionaries who moaned about our supposed "lack of activity" whilst the lot down the East Lancs Road were spending fortunes on players in the first few weeks of the transfer window but I always had faith that the guys would deliver. We've now had our most prosperous summer in years and expectations are now higher than ever. The new stadium is also a massive step forward and looks great. Unfortunately there's no place for sentiment in football these days.

2. I could make a case for Torres, Crouch or Kuyt but I think I'll have to go for Torres, mainly due to the fact that I think he'll play more games than any of the other strikers. If they all played the same number of games I'd go for Crouch because in the last 18 months, he's proved himself to be a top player. His goals per games ratio was better than Drogba last season. Dirk Kuyt will score goals imo is he is deployed in a different manner this season. I don't want to see him essentially deployed as a fifth midfielder. As for the preferred partnership, I'd go for Torres and Crouch, but I'll put my house on Torres and Kuyt starting against Villa.

3. Looks great and is a sign of us moving with the times. As far as the name is concerned, I'd like to see us retain the Anfield name.

4. Daniel Alves was the one for me. The guy would have given us a completely different dimension in that he's essentially a right back/right winger who also pops up as a striker every now and again (who needs Gerrard?)  :D. Wingers are always a gamble in that finding a consistent one who stays injury free is like banging your head against a brick wall.

5. I think we'll finish 2nd or 3rd. A lot depends on the start though. I actually think it'll be the best Premiership ever this season. I can see clubs taking a lot more points off the so called "big 4". Chelsea and Arseanl will also lose a lot of key players to the African Nations Cup in the new year.

Bonus: I'd go for the FA Cup but I can also see us having another great European Cup run. Anybody will struggle to beat us in a two legged shootout.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby Leonmc0708 » Thu Aug 02, 2007 1:38 pm

The Ace1983 wrote:1. After a summer where we've spent big and designed a brand new Anfield, how do you feel about our new owners? If you were anxious, has your anxiety gone? Have Mr Hicks and Mr Gillett won you over, or were you always confident that they were the right guys for the job?

I was actually quite confident in them in that I knew that David Moores woudl do the absolute best that he could. Thats why we never sold out years ago, the people previously linked never had what it took. I was happy when the Asian bid fell through as well as I didnt want to be owned by people from a country where sport is not a national obsession. I knew that when someone cam in they would take us forward as much as I knew we where desperate for someone to come in, so for me it was win win.

Make no mistake, these boys will be interested in getting their money back, but they are shrewd enough to know that it will only happen if th business is a success. The business of Liverpool FC is trophies, and more importantly the leage title. If they get this right then there is so much scope for gettign their money back and then come its not funny.

The Ace1983 wrote:2. Voronin, Babel, Torres, Kuyt and Crouch. These are our strikers. Who's going to score us the most goals in this coming season? And what do you think Rafa's prefered partnership will be?

I reckon this is a toughy and could well be the million dollar question. All four scoring well means a title challenge will be imminent with the reliability of our defence, however I am not convinced yet we are upto that so I think we might see one struggle. I think this will be Torres as he will take the season to adapt to the pace. I think Voronin will do well, he has after all no "big price tag" on his head and can relax and concentrate on his game, unlike Nando. Out of Kuyt and Crouch I think it will be tight as a gnats tw.at and the edge for Kuyt after his bedding in year is my option. I think it will be Kuyt (17-22) Crouch (15-20) Torres (8-10) and Voronin (8-10).

The Ace1983 wrote:3. The new stadium: A revolution in stadium architecture or an eyesore? How would you feel if it wasn't called Anfield?

I first thought it looked awful, and still am not convinced but the there are two massive plus points:

1) The Kop - 18000 seeting swaying noisy reds on a steep imbankment with the acoustic roof making it even better is heaven for me.
2) Capacity - Plans are OK'd for 60000 but the idea is to get the planning permission for upto 80000 OK'd before too long so that its a monster. This is a MUST if we hope to compete with United and Chelsea off the pitch.

As for the name, I would have thought it would be Anfield, although I have a feeling that a £100m deal to name it for 10 years will mean its the Coca Cola Homebase Woolworths Arena Dome where I will take my as yet unconceived first born to his first match.

The Ace1983 wrote:4. We were linked with a lot of players over the summer. Is there any one player that was rumoured to be heading our way that we didn't get who you wish we had? Were you salivating over Simao, or mesmerized by Mancini?

I still hope we sign Heinze despite what God Bless John Houlding thinks. I feel that he is the kind of player we need, tough, versatile, experienced and above all an anti christ at Old Trafford now . . .

The Ace1983 wrote:5. You probably saw this one coming: Where do you think we'll finish this season in the Premiership? Are we destined to reclaim our crown, or will it be another season as an "also ran"?

Never thought you woudl ask that one !! I persoanlly think that we will win hte league even when it is mathematically not possible, not through blind optomism, but cus even after 17 years the kind of feeling we used to have about the reds still burns on. However in reality, I think we need to be in it at the end of the season. I mean if we finich within a win or two of the team that clinches top spot then I will be happy with that.

I also think that if we can try and keep up until around Christmas/January we will without doubt be in the hunt as we are great at finishing well.

A good start is essential.

The Ace1983 wrote:Bonus Question:

I have a feeling we wont, but wouldnt be surprised if we did. However I will take out of the third round of both domestic cups, and quarter finals of the Champions LEague if it means we are within 3-6 points of the league winners or win it ourselves [look there I go, I knew it wouldnt last this realism thingy !]
Last edited by Leonmc0708 on Thu Aug 02, 2007 2:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
JUSTICE FOR THE 96

Leonmc0708
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Anfield rapper » Thu Aug 02, 2007 1:39 pm

Bonus Question:

1) I'm impressed with the new owners. They have listened to the fans in the design of the new stadium and made funds available for Rafa. This shows they are very commited to LFC. Once i thought we would just be a toy to them but they have definatley shown that they see the potential the club has and are determind to make up the ground with Man U in terms of revenue from abroad and winning competitions.

2)I'm going to say Torres. I think he is a very good player who Rafa will give alot of time on the pitch. He is strong, fast and has an eye for goal. He didn't score that many for Athletico but i just have a feeling he will come good for us. Partnership wise either Torres/Kyut or Torres/Crouch at the start and then maybe Voronin will play his way in.

3)I really like the new stadium. I think the exterior is beautiful and very modern. Inside is Awesome. The acoustic work done to the kop will make it amazing and will give a huge advantage when we play at home. I also like the way all the stands are different. The only thing that seems a little odd is the away end. It just seems very small. Whether this is just the 60k version and the 78k version has a bigger away end we will have to wait and see. I would love Anfield to be part of the new name but we have to realise how much money is at stake. I'm sure any sponsor for the new stadium would be happy for Anfield to be in the name aswell.

4)Never really like Simao. He's an ok player but i want a player who wants to play for LFC. I just feel the amount of times we have made it clear that we want him he should have asked for a move if he wanted to be with us. I really wanted to see us get Tevez looking at it now maybe we are better off out of it but i just think having him and Torres up front would have pretty much garaunteed us goals aplenty.

5) I think we could just about manage 2nd. I think Man U will be very strong this season and it will be between us and Chelsea for who gets second. The start of the season is very important and if we beat Chelsea at Anfield who knows where we will finish?

6)i honestly think we can win the Champions League again. We have a great european minded manager, we have alot of european experience and we have done well the last few seasons. For all the money Fergie spends i still think we will do better against the european sides because of Rafa's knowlegde of the european game.
Anfield rapper
LFC Super Member

Postby ivor_the_injun » Thu Aug 02, 2007 2:20 pm

First impressions of the new owners were very good - in fact I found the naive slips like "Liverpool Reds" quite endearing as opposed to out-and-out embarrassing. Since then, they've said and done nothing to make me think that those first impressions weren't spot on. They're clearly outstanding businessmen, but they seem to strike that nice balance between being successful and being proud, warm human beings. Unlike that bearded hermit that Man U have for an owner.

The way they handled Rafa's tirade after the CL final was spot on for me, and showed that they knew and respected the passion that the guy has for the club.

I think the big impression came with the quick disposal of the original stadium plans, showing that they were thinking bigger and better for us. That said to me that they were in this for the long haul, and that they genuinely care about the club and the fans.

Rafa clearly has a soft spot for Kuyt, so I think it'll be him alongside Torres. I'd prefer Crouch and Torres, but I think big Pete may find himself rotated in and out once again. Babel will do well to secure the left wing, and I'll be surprised if we see him up front outside of domestic cup games, while Voronin is almost certainly fourth choice striker. Hopefully he makes a good impact in subs appearances and makes it competitive up top.

As for top scorer? I have a feeling Gerrard may find his shooting boots again this season, particularly if Rafa's talk of more aggressive attacking formations bear fruit.

Outside: I'm on the fence; inside: it looks fantastic. Like I've said in another thread, it's definitely an eye-catcher, and thankfully nothing like anything else in the country. I'll hopefully learn to love it the more I see it.

As for the name, I think we just have to accept that naming rights will be flogged on. So long as it's not Tampax, I'm not bothered. The fans will christen it with a nickname, so it doesn't actually matter what it's officially called.

I'd have really liked Tevez, but I'd be much less bothered about not getting him were it not for the fact that it looks like the Mancs will. If it goes through, he'll be an outstanding signing for them, and with his vision, it's actually quite frightening how good their attacking play could be this season. It's not as if it wasn't good enough last season.

I think we still have work to do to get the title, but I do reckon that 2nd is a lot more realistic this season. I'm certainly not sure that Torres is the end of our striking problems, particularly if Kuyt doesn't dramatically improve his strike rate.

For me, Chelsea haven't kicked on enough to challenge Man U, but the problem is that for every step forward we've made this summer, the Mancs have made at least another one.

Bonus Question:

A good season's work for me is to be the last English team standing in the Champions League, and to be competitive in the Prem with a month to go. If we come a close second in the Prem, and do nothing in the domestic cups, that's a lot more progress than we've had in recent years.

We have absolutely nothing to prove in cup competition, but everything to prove in the league. I think Rafa's selections may reflect that this season, with big players rested in the FA Cup, and next to no first teamers in the Carling Cup. The CL is always big news, but I just sense that we're not quite as hungry for it this season as we have been. Been there, done that. Let's get the title again before we concern ourselves unduly with securing number 6.

I think this season we work on getting our away form in the league right, and learn to grind out the kind of scrappy results that eluded us last year. Next summer the Mancs will have a lot of players knocking of players looming around their mid-30s, and so I think that the season after this one is when we'll really start to make a push on all fronts.

I'm not discounting Chelsea by any means, but we just have no need to be scared of them any more. The Mancs are where we need to be, and if we aim well enough for them, we overtake Chelsea by default.
ivor_the_injun

Postby scouser 'til I die » Thu Aug 02, 2007 4:53 pm

Do we have to answer the bonus question, or is that only when we dont get one of the other 5 balls, I mean questions :D :p

You'll Never Walk Alone
scouser 'til I die

Postby scouser 'til I die » Thu Aug 02, 2007 5:50 pm

I've always had faith in the owners, I guess it's maybe because of all the press hype going around surrounding the take over of the club. I was always hoping everything would turn out better, especially when DIC's withdrew thier bid for the club.

Nevertheless i was confident and still growing in confidence as a result of the fabulous new stadium designs and the money they have put into the club, but most importantly the understanding they have of our heritage and the way they have fitted in as fans like they have been supporting us for all their life. Couldn't be any happier with them two.

Well i think its clear that Rafa stated that he would prefer all of his strikers to gain a min. of 15 goals for the season rather than one striker getting 20 or even 30+ goals, which in a way i can understand where he is coming from. But this begs the question, due to this incentive, does that mean the dreaded "rotation" policy is still a live wire in Mr Benitez's head. The answer is of course. And as fans we can only hope that this season, with the signings we have accomplished, especially in the striking department, that this policy will prevail.

In my opinion i feel that we should rotate the team, yet keep the core of the team - the goalie, centre halfs, centre mids and an all out goalscoring striker - playing every game, excluding injury of course. We do not have an all out goalscoring striker so I understand that perhaps rotation in this department is a necessity. This means rotation in the wings and full backs is all we need to do, because this is where the majority of fatigue is lost - because this is where the most running occurs - and therefore rotation can accomidate that. Keeping the core will also help the team feel more stable and will help with form of players etc, which brings me to number 4 which i will continue in a moment...

The new stadium, like i have already said looks amazing, cannot wait to visit it for the first time, or even to drive by it to experience its presence as "The New Anfield". To be frank, I couldn't care if it was called The Netto Stadium (actually I would that's taking it to far :D) because in my eyes and to many Liverpool supporters it will always remain as Anfield. Our current Anfield is a one of a kind, a place where many historical and glorious things have happened, I feel very sad that we will have to be left behind, but the revealing of the new Anfield design has comforted me subtly. All we can do as Liverpool fans is to treasure the old Anfield in memory and look forward the the new Anfield to take us on another bumpy ride of ups and downs, smiles and frowns.

... this is why in some cases i thought we didn't do the business in the transfer market. The strikers I am happy with. The wingers or wide midfielders, not so happy with. Because i feel that wingers need rotating, this is one of the most vital areas i thought Rafa needed to gain personnel of a high quality and with potential. We also need to be more attacking, and all out wingers are the key. With the likes of Quaresma, Mancini, Malouda etc, they are fast and agile and skillfull. Look at the mancs, they are so great getting forward because they have fast wingers who can catch up with the play as they counter attack. Benayoun, for example will not, because he's simply not fast enough. These are just certain areas which i thought we would pounce on like a fly on shit, but i was wrong. However, i think that benayoun will be a fitting replacement for Garcia and will do well at this club. Babel, in the little time I've seen him, can't see him being a left winger. I think he should be used as another striking option, because i think he has the attributes to do well in that position. Torres will do well and Voronin will be a class buy and will surprise us all as the season approaches. Happy with all the young signings, especially Leiva, who i think in years to come will become a world class centre midfielder, with Gerrard to be his inspiration and guider, and his ability to continue to blossom. We are possibly looking at the next Steven Gerrard, but too much anticipation so early on isn't right and will keep an open mind on the lad. Lastly I'd like to mention Kewell will silence his critics and produce on of his best seasons at Liverpool since his Leeds era. You can see he has overcome his injury crisis and hope that that will continue. With that out the picture, Kewell can continue to play football without the worry of injury. Lets hope he can produce a great season.

I feel that this season, it is as open as it has ever been. There will be surprises in this season like there always is, and hopefully it will be us providing the surprise. It is not a time for us to be demanding the Premiership this season round, but I, like most of us, would like us to stay in contention for the title. I feel Chelsea are on a stready, but surely decline and i feel that this season we should take advantage of this. The mancs will be the ones to  compete against this time round. Obviously, we need to be in the run for the majority of the season, and i feel we will be. A Runners Up Medal will be enough for a job well done in my books

Bonus Question:

If not the Premiership, then perhaps the League Cup or FA Cup would also indicate another successful season. However, if we do reach yet another Champions League Final :sleepy: God help us if we do, then we must win it this time round. But I can't expect us to even think about such a optimistic turn out.

All in all the futures bright, the futures red (cornie ending but i couldn't think of anything else :laugh: )

You'll Never Walk Alone
scouser 'til I die

Postby hello_red » Thu Aug 02, 2007 9:01 pm

Bonus Question:

1. I was always a little anxious about new woners but I knew we need the investment to spend on transfer and a new stadium. Tom and George have come up with the goods which is a good sign for the future and work starts on the new stadium soon aswell. I was confident who ever bought into the club would be the right guys for the job as Moores wouldnt seel us short.

2. If Kuyt plays a more advanced role than he was alowed last season then he will bang them in 20 goals or there abouts! Kuyt and Torres next season I think. Babel will play on the wing. Crouch and Voronin to play alot aswell average of about 15 goals a striker.

3. A decent looking stadium that will stand out compared to the rest in England. Hopefully it will be called Anfield.

4. I would of liked Tevez or Mancini to instill some lightning pace and flair into the side but I am more than happy with who we have bought.

5. I will say we will be there or there abouts come January and still in with a challenge come April. Dont wanna predict though.

Bonus. FA Cup and a very good league fight would be excellent!
hello_red
LFC Super Member

Postby Jan Cuelemans » Thu Aug 02, 2007 10:45 pm

Bonus Question:

1. Yes I do feel that they have benifited the club as a whole. They have backed us with money both in the transfer market & also with the Stadium also.

2. Interesting one this. I'm going for Voroinin as the top goal scorer bur Rafa is going to lean towards a Torres/Kyut partnership this season.

3. I would like it to be called Anfield, but athough it would not be the true Anfield I would not lose any sleep over what it's called.

4. I know it will :censored: a lot of people off but Owen is my choice. I know he let a lot of people down but this is a cut throat industry & Owen cetainly knows where the goals mouth is.

5. I have said for a few months now that this year we finish 2nd in the League

Bonus question :- We will win a cup. That cup will I belierve be the F.A Cup, sadly not Champions League Cup.
The ofton underrated, Belgium Internalional Superstar !
Jan Cuelemans

Postby The Manhattan Project » Thu Aug 02, 2007 10:47 pm

1- They are making the right moves thus far and saying the right things. So far, I am happy with the new owners.

2- Who scores the most goals doesn't matter. It's about the team, not the individual. Golden Boots mean little to me. I imagine LFC will spread the goals out among the players. I don't know who Rafa will play but I think Torres will be top scorer with 10 or 12.

3- The new stadium is awesome. It's a work of art. As for the name, it doesn't bother me. I'd be happy with a corporate name as long as it's tasteful and it gives us the money to add better players.

4- Huntelaar I think is a good player and I wish we bought him. I suppose Simao, Mancini and Alves would have been useful too.

5- We will finish 3rd with a reduced gap between us and Chelsea and Man U. We may also win a cup, preferably in Moscow.
china syndrome 80512640 reactor meltdown fusion element
no uniquely indefinable one 5918 identification unknown 113
source transmission 421 general panic hysteria 02 outbreak
foreign mutation 001505 maximum code destruction nuclear
reflection 01044 power plutonium helix atomic energy wave
The Manhattan Project
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ydde » Fri Aug 03, 2007 3:07 am

Bonus Question:

Yes, it's nearly here. Finally! It got so bad that I watched the Mancs vs Inter friendly last night. It's entertaining at least. And I have to say the mancs looked good attacking but they look equally :censored: at defending as well. But that's another topic for another thread. On with the questions..

1) So far, the new owners are looking good. They showed their commitment by allowing Rafa not only to buy big name players, but also allowing the boss to buy several young unknown. prospect. That to me show me their faith and confidence in the boss and their intention that they will be here for a long time.

2) I don't think Rafa has a preferred strike partnership. Whether you like it or not, I think he decides who to play depending on the opponents. Although knowing him, he would probably put Kewell and Gerrard up there at Villa Park  :D

3) Revolution. I like it. All I can say is that I don't want to see the players touching the THIS IS COCA COLA sign in the tunnel.

4) I have to say Mancini. I read somewhere that Rafa used to say: Wingers win you games. I think that Mancini would be exactly that sort of winger.

5) I say 2nd. We all want improvement, and 2nd is improvement.

Bonus: The Champions league. We have become the team that other teams fear in Europe. Plus, it would be a slap to the Mancs and Chelsea.  :eyebrow
Ydde

Next

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion