A thursday five - Some qs for you to a

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby The Ace1983 » Thu Oct 19, 2006 1:41 pm

1. The premiership is looking already out of reach (though I'm ever the optomist) so which competition would you like to see us win most other than the league?

2. With Man Utd looming, what Liverpool team would you like to see on the pitch this weekend regardless of injuries?

3. Sooner or later the promoted teams will have to make the justifiably daunting trip to Anfield. Which team do you think will put up the best fight and which team do you think will get absolutely oblitorated?

4. In light of our recent 100pwstk poll, name your top 10 alltime Liverpool players (I know this has been done before, but reresh our memories).

5. Trophies aside, what aspect of the team has Rafa best improved since his arrival? Attack, defence or midfield?
The Ace1983
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby taff » Thu Oct 19, 2006 1:50 pm

1. The European Cup (got a weird feeling we will)

2. Reina
Finnan
Carragher
Hypia
Riise
Alonso
Sissoko
Gerrard
Gonzalez
Bellamy
Kuyt

3. Fancy Sheffield to put up a fight but also get obliterated

4. Kenny
Rush
E Hughes
Hansen
Phil Neal
Clemence
Gerrard
Fowler
Souness
Barnes

5. Midfield, Still have a good defence but I see a better link with the midfield and the midfield actually dominating some games
taff
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby seandundee » Thu Oct 19, 2006 2:01 pm

1.Definitely the European Cup

2.Carson (i know he's on loan but he wouldn't be if i was manager)
  Finnan
  Carragher
  Agger
  Riise
  Gerrard
  Alonso
  Sissoko
  Kewell
  Kuyt
  Crouch

3. Id say Reading to put up the best fight and Watford to get hammered

4. Fowler
   Barnes
   Rush
   King Kenny
   Owen
   Hyppia
   Hughes
   Gerrard
   Hansen
   Souness

5. The defence last year we were phenominal
seandundee

Postby redmikey » Thu Oct 19, 2006 2:02 pm

The Ace1983 wrote:1. The premiership is looking already out of reach (though I'm ever the optomist) so which competition would you like to see us win most other than the league?

2. With Man Utd looming, what Liverpool team would you like to see on the pitch this weekend regardless of injuries?

3. Sooner or later the promoted teams will have to make the justifiably daunting trip to Anfield. Which team do you think will put up the best fight and which team do you think will get absolutely oblitorated?

4. In light of our recent 100pwstk poll, name your top 10 alltime Liverpool players (I know this has been done before, but reresh our memories).

5. Trophies aside, what aspect of the team has Rafa best improved since his arrival? Attack, defence or midfield?

1. champions league ,and we will see how far out of reach the league is at new year ,eh!

2                clemance

rob jones    hansen sami   nicol

gerrard       molby souness  barnes

kenny         owen

bench fowler,rednapp,carra,grobb

3, reading look like they can give anyone a game, and watford look game for a laugh

4, see above

5, playing staff!!!!!!!!
redmikey
LFC Super Member

Postby clik » Thu Oct 19, 2006 2:04 pm

1 champs league
2 pepe
finnan
jc
sami
riise
alonso
sissoko
gerrard
garcia
fowler
kuyt

3 reading will be a tughie but watford will get obliterated

4 king kenny
  stevie g
  rush
  barnes
  whelan
  fowler
  souness
  nicol
  molby
  a kenedy

5  we've not been consistent enough thats what Rafa needs to improve on, but id go with the midfield
Dreams do come true......Istanbul 2005
clik

Postby mattylfc » Thu Oct 19, 2006 2:15 pm

1. CL

2.              Reina

Finnan   JC    Agger    Risse

Gerrard   Alonso   Sissoko   Garcia

Kuyt   Bellamy

3. Best Fight: Reading    Whooping: Sheff utd

4.  (based on players i have seen live)
Gerrard
Barnes
Rush
Nicol
McManaman
Fowler
Owen
Carragher
Hyppia
Alonso

5. Midfield:  Alonso and Sissoko in the main
mattylfc

Postby crouchaldinho » Thu Oct 19, 2006 3:59 pm

1. Champions league (how much would that :censored: off chavski & manure?!?!)

2.                  Reina

Finnan     Carra         Agger     Riise

Gerrard    Sissoko    Alonso   Aurelio

Bellamy      Kuyt

subs. Dudek, Hyypia, Gonzalez, Crouch, Pennant

3. I think Watford are good for a goal wherever they go, but are conceding a lot, should be a good game when they come to Anfield. Reckon we owe Sheffield Utd a drumming after we dropped points on the opening day.

4. (bearing in mind im only 25)
Rushie
Kenny
'God'
Stevie G
Owen
Barnesy
Carra
Grobbellar
Molby
Aldridge

(sorry gotta go)
crouchaldinho

Postby hicks » Thu Oct 19, 2006 4:12 pm

1, Got to be the Champs League

2,reina  finnan  hyypia   carra  rissie
   gerrard alonso sissoko garcia
       kuyt  bellamy

3, best fight SHEFF UTD   whooping  Watford

4, Clemance, Hanson, King Kenny , Emlyn Hughes, Rush, Souness,
    Gerrard, Mc Mahon, Hyypia, A Kennedy.

5,Midfield
I know i know but i joined before THAT HICKS did  Oh Lordy
hicks

Postby Bad Bob » Thu Oct 19, 2006 4:34 pm

The Ace1983 wrote:1. The premiership is looking already out of reach (though I'm ever the optomist) so which competition would you like to see us win most other than the league?

1. Champions League

2. regardless of injuries?

Reina

Finnan  Carra  Agger   Riise

Gerrard Alonso Sissoko Kewell

Kuyt   Crouch

Subs: Dudek, Bellamy, Fowler, Garcia, Hyypia

3. Reading will put up a fight and we owe Sheff U a tonking

4. Some people seem to be going for their all-time LFC team so I'll do the same (overly offensive?  Nah! :D):

Clemence

Carragher  Hansen  Hyypia

Macmanaman Gerrard Molby Souness Barnes

Dalglish    Rush

Bench: Grobs, Fowler, Owen, Alonso, Hughes

5. I think Rafa's really put a unique stamp on the midfield, buying  tremendous skill players (Alonso, Garcia), a monster of a ball winner (Sissoko) and helping Stevie G to up his game even further.  Besides, any man that can make Igor Biscan look like a footballer has got something about him!  :D
Bad Bob
LFC Guru Member

Postby The Ace1983 » Thu Oct 19, 2006 5:07 pm

Well I may as well answer my own questions...

1. I think a double may be done but I've got a strong feeling that the first FA Cup to be played at the new Wembley will be between Liverpool and Man Utd, with us winning of course.

2.             Reina
. Finnan                 Riise
.     Agger   Carragher
.      Alonso Sissoko
. Gerrard            Aurelio
        Kuyt   Crouch

3. I think Watford will be a tougher to roll over than most seem to think and I think Shef Utd will get hammered.

4. Barnes
   Gerrard
   Kenny
   McManaman
   Rush
   Carragher
   Neal
   Hughes
   Hansen
   Fowler

5. Our Midfield is brilliant. Three of the best central midfielders in the world, including the number 1.
The Ace1983
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby EddieC » Thu Oct 19, 2006 6:09 pm

1. CL

2. Reina, Finnan, Carra, Agger, Riise, Gerrard, Alonso, Sissoko, Kewell, Kuyt, Crouch

3. I think Reading will put up a good fight, I don't think any of them will be a pushover

4. Rush, Dalglish, Souness, Gerrard, Molby, Fowler, Barnes, Grobelaar, McManaman, Hansen

5. Youth setup
EddieC
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby stmichael » Fri Oct 20, 2006 2:34 pm

1. has to be the CL. i actually think we'll get to the semi's at least this season, as long as we win our group. the way we are set up and the personnel we have makes us more suited to playing european football imo.

2.                                  reina,

finnan, carragher, agger, aurelio

gerrard, sissoko, alonso, riise

kuyt     crouch

3. reading are actually a half decent side and will give us a decent game. sheff utd and watford haven't got a great deal of skill but are very physical. watford will probably hget a hiding (although i said that last time they were in the premiership and they beat us 1-0 at anfield).  :D

4. dalglish, rush, barnes, hansen, clemence, gerrard, souness, fowler, neal, beardsley.

5. the midfield. we've got an embarassment of riches in that area now. i'm still not convinced about the flanks, but we've got the strongest central midfield in the premiership.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion