The man city fire sale - Roll up, roll up.............

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby JoeTerp » Thu Jul 29, 2010 12:57 pm

much more likely to be:  Shaleum Logan, Jo, Robinho, Joe Hart (on loan), Javier Garrido, Roque Santa Cruz, and Felipe Caicedo.  If they buy more players, then I think Kelvin Etuhu would go then Viera, then Michael Johnson.   And that is assuming they keep 3 keepers in their squad.  Maybe they would just keep one and release/sell Taylor or David González, in which case it would require them to buy even more players to come to the point where they would have to release someone that we would really want.  There is no reason for them to sell Bellamy or Ireland unless they put in a transfer request.  Even then, I am not sure Man City would care, just throw some money at them to shut up and be happy on the bench.
JoeTerp

Postby stmichael » Thu Jul 29, 2010 1:05 pm

before michael johnson got that serious injury he looked like he could be a world beater. infact he was the closest thing i'd seen to a young steven gerrard. the question is, can he ever get back to that level again.

bellamy will go to spurs i'm almost sure of it. i can see SWP being used as bait in the milner deal. talk about a player having a history of moving to the wrong club at the wrong time. :laugh:

santa cruz is living off one decent season at blackburn and bridge i don't particularly rate even though he's better than anything we've got. stephen ireland would be an excellent signing even though he's a complete nutter but we're more in need of a replacement for mascherano at the moment.

i'd have taken onouha ove luke young to be honest. i rate that kid. micah richards has completely fallen off the radar.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby PabloMedina28 » Thu Jul 29, 2010 5:13 pm

Ireland, Richards and Dejong please :)
PabloMedina28
LFC Super Member

Postby rocky29 » Thu Jul 29, 2010 6:09 pm

we need two strikers and until we get 2 strikers feck everyother position. Torres is still injured and weve got feck all as backup!
rocky29
LFC Super Member

Postby Scottbot » Fri Jul 30, 2010 10:06 am

It's all gone very quiet on the transfer front with regards to us going out and getting another striker. Nice to see the Gog get two goals yesterday but i'm praying Hodgson doesn't think he's found the new Zamora. The more i think about it the more bringing Bellamy back to finish what he started makes sense. and while we're at it let's see if we can get Santa Cruz an all. I'd imagine £12-14 million would be enough to get both players on board? although wages (for any City player) might be a problem for any club wishing to buy their cast-offs because they clearly are over-paying their players.
Scottbot
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Owzat » Fri Jul 30, 2010 10:00 pm

Garrido to Lazio, so much for the short-sighted optimism that Citeh players could be heading our way on the cheap! :no Expect departures to be offered all round the globe before being sold cheap to Premiership rivals.
Never buy from PC World, product quality is poor and their 'customer service' is even poorer
Owzat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ruskiy playmaker » Sat Jul 31, 2010 6:49 am

rocky29 wrote:we need two strikers and until we get 2 strikers feck everyother position. Torres is still injured and weve got feck all as backup!

Im with you, :censored: everything else.  Lets just by a :censored: load of strikers!!!  That'll win us the league for sure.
[img]http://i42.tinypic.com/lkw42.gif[img]
ruskiy playmaker

Postby Owzat » Sat Jul 31, 2010 8:07 am

Woy is probably looking around for some 30+ year old striker as we speak

Keane 30 (just turned)
Carew 30 (31 in September)
Heskey 32
Roberts 32
McCarthy 32
Davies 33
Saha 32
Vassell 30
Benjani 31 (32 in August)
King 30
Phillips 37
M.Bent 32
Fuller 30 (31 in October)

:D
Never buy from PC World, product quality is poor and their 'customer service' is even poorer
Owzat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby boodiddy1 » Sat Jul 31, 2010 8:13 am

only ireland or mmichael johnson for me. Ireland in and then probably see kuyt off to inter also. Like kuyt to stay but rafa would pursue it.

Ireland, gerrard, deffour, lucas, cole midfield. Excellent
boodiddy1

Postby Owzat » Sat Jul 31, 2010 8:15 am

No breaks in Rafa's Inter-mission
Owzat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby NANNY RED » Sat Jul 31, 2010 11:48 am

i think Ireland and Bellamy are now nailed on to go to Fulham to link up with Hughes
HE WHO BETRAYS WILL ALWAYS WALK ALONE
NANNY RED
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ben Patrick » Sat Jul 31, 2010 11:56 am

NANNY RED wrote:i think Ireland and Bellamy are now nailed on to go to Fulham to link up with Hughes

We should be in for both of them if and when Mascherano goes.
Sabre looks like a big lezzer
Ben Patrick

Postby parchpea » Sat Jul 31, 2010 12:02 pm

I would take Bellamy back in a heartbeat but none of the others. Not sure that Bellamy is the kind of lad Hodgson would go for though, not so much his ability but temperament wise.Its a shame because he was in superb form last season but talk of a fall out with Mancini and thats all too familiar with him, good intentions but doesnt know when to zip it.
parchpea
LFC Super Member

Postby Scottbot » Sun Aug 01, 2010 5:01 pm

Owzat wrote:Woy is probably looking around for some 30+ year old striker as we speak

Keane 30 (just turned)
Heskey 32
Roberts 32
McCarthy 32
Davies 33
Saha 32
Vassell 30
King 30
Phillips 37
M.Bent 32

One 30 year old i'd be VERY happy to have is Klose. Don't know why he isn't being linked with other clubs at the moment. The lad scored more goals in the World Cup (4) than he managed in the league (3) all of last season. Just the sort of player we should be looking to bring in. Can play as lone striker or as a target man in a front two. His age means he wouldn't cost the earth, and I think his style is suited to Premiership football.
Scottbot
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 7_Kewell » Sun Aug 01, 2010 5:30 pm

Owzat wrote:Woy is probably looking around for some 30+ year old striker as we speak

Keane 30 (just turned)
Heskey 32
Roberts 32
McCarthy 32
Davies 33
Saha 32
Vassell 30
King 30
Phillips 37
M.Bent 32

Does Vassell still play top flight football? I forgot all about him.  :laugh:
Last edited by 7_Kewell on Sun Aug 01, 2010 5:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion