The future of the club is at stake?

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby 116-1105728556 » Tue Jan 25, 2005 1:28 pm

For me LFC are at a “watershed” and we have to decide what we want from our club. The present set up lends itself to mid league mediocracy with some large spending needed to bring itself up into the “medals” again.

The pundits and ex- players are concerned and they have expressed these concerns in the national papers but some fans seem to think of the current poor performance as more related some temporary lapse that we will get over. I don’t think this will happen without some radical changes.

I believe we do not have sufficient funds to improve the squad and trying to get by on low value buys and freebies will only bring mid league positions. So if we are to get out of mid league we have to spend but do the fans want this as we need to exchange money for some asset of the club or relinquish some of the decision making to some overseas investor or Morgan who is looking increasingly more like a good deal?

A lot of the fans seem loathe to criticise Parry and Moores either out of loyalty or some believe they are doing a good job but at the end of the day they have been at the helm while this has happened to the club and I believe are firmly in the firing line to be accountable for it.

So what do we want from our club mid league carry on or up in the medals. Now if we spend say £20m we might make it further up the league but do we want to spend this money just to move up without any likelihood it will result in honours. Or do we spend say £40m plus and improve our chance of getting honours.

If we as a club want honours then what price are we prepared to pay, it seems Moores and Parry are presently looking into this without success but aren’t we as the fans entitled to have a view on this. Some fans have said they don’t want success at any price and others I guess wouldn’t mind.

What are Moores and Parry’s view and shouldn’t they be consulting the fans?
116-1105728556

Postby Leonmc0708 » Tue Jan 25, 2005 1:33 pm

turdinator2 wrote:For me LFC are at a “watershed” and we have to decide what we want from our club. The present set up lends itself to mid league mediocracy with some large spending needed to bring itself up into the “medals” again.

The pundits and ex- players are concerned and they have expressed these concerns in the national papers but some fans seem to think of the current poor performance as more related some temporary lapse that we will get over. I don’t think this will happen without some radical changes.

I believe we do not have sufficient funds to improve the squad and trying to get by on low value buys and freebies will only bring mid league positions. So if we are to get out of mid league we have to spend but do the fans want this as we need to exchange money for some asset of the club or relinquish some of the decision making to some overseas investor or Morgan who is looking increasingly more like a good deal?

A lot of the fans seem loathe to criticise Parry and Moores either out of loyalty or some believe they are doing a good job but at the end of the day they have been at the helm while this has happened to the club and I believe are firmly in the firing line to be accountable for it.

So what do we want from our club mid league carry on or up in the medals. Now if we spend say £20m we might make it further up the league but do we want to spend this money just to move up without any likelihood it will result in honours. Or do we spend say £40m plus and improve our chance of getting honours.

If we as a club want honours then what price are we prepared to pay, it seems Moores and Parry are presently looking into this without success but aren’t we as the fans entitled to have a view on this. Some fans have said they don’t want success at any price and others I guess wouldn’t mind.

Who did you cut and paste this from ??
JUSTICE FOR THE 96

Leonmc0708
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 116-1105728556 » Tue Jan 25, 2005 1:35 pm

Leonmc0708

All my own work yer muppet ???
116-1105728556

Postby Ciggy » Tue Jan 25, 2005 1:36 pm

Leonmc0708 wrote:
turdinator2 wrote:For me LFC are at a “watershed” and we have to decide what we want from our club. The present set up lends itself to mid league mediocracy with some large spending needed to bring itself up into the “medals” again.

Who did you cut and paste this from ??

:D
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Starbridge42 » Tue Jan 25, 2005 1:40 pm

well put leon  :D  :;):
Last edited by Starbridge42 on Tue Jan 25, 2005 1:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I didn't like Italy, it was like living in a foreign country - Ian Rush
'In most associations half of the committee does all the work while the other half does nothing. I am pleased to report that in this football club it is the reverse.' - Liverpool Echo
Starbridge42
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Location: The land of pixies and and elephants and little green men with purple boogers. Wow I must have eaten

Postby JBG » Tue Jan 25, 2005 10:57 pm

Remarkably similar point turdinator to this guys thread:

http://www.liverpoolfc-newkit.co.uk/viewtopic.php?t=8712
Jolly Bob Grumbine.
JBG
LFC Elite Member

Postby The Ace1983 » Tue Jan 25, 2005 11:17 pm

I can see what you're saying and by and large I echo your points. I think though, that this season has been very different than others fr two particular reasons: a) New manager equals new tactics, structure, systems and mentality, and b) We have an injury list which, if inflicted on any other team above us ,would see them drop to at least fifth, with the KGB being the only exception.
We now look like we'll be missing Alonso for the rest of the season according to Rafa, so couple that with cisse, kirkland, kewell, and now Hyypia it would be like an arsenal team without Viera, Henry, Lehmann, Pires and Campball (although I'm not sure if I can compare cisse and kewell to henry and pires). We have lost this depth and it is nearly impossible to cope withou this.
Also at the beginning of this season, we nearly all, rightfully said, that we did not expect a trophy in rafa's first season and we're in the first final of the year.

I believe that we have already started a transition from midiocrity back to greatness, though we still have a long way to go. The first step was the appointment of a brilliant manager with good form, who looks like he knows what he's doing. The second was learning how to stand without the crutch that was Michael Owen, a stage that we are still in (and doing quite well). What we need now is investment and patience.

As far as this season goes, I think that we are worthy, and able to finish fourth or even third, but I will accept fifth. Next season is when we have to really challenge and hopefully with a squad filled with matured experienced players and a few quality signings, we can only then make a judgement about the long term future of this team. The change isn't coming people, it has already begun.
The Ace1983
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby zarababe » Wed Jan 26, 2005 12:01 am

p*ss on the turd... :D
THE BRENDAN REVOLUTION IS UPON US !

KING KENNY.. Always LEGEND !

RAFA.. MADE THE PEOPLE HAPPY !

Miss YOU Phil-Drummer - RIP YNWA

zarababe
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Leonmc0708 » Wed Jan 26, 2005 12:06 am

John Barnes' Granny wrote:Remarkably similar point turdinator to this guys thread:

Strange, but true....
JUSTICE FOR THE 96

Leonmc0708
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Redrider » Wed Jan 26, 2005 9:25 am

John Barnes' Granny wrote:Remarkably similar point turdinator to this guys thread:

Granny, we are ganging up on you !!
Redrider
LFC Super Member

Postby Redrider » Wed Jan 26, 2005 9:29 am

L4 Group have NOT pulled out     

The L4 consortium have issued a brief statement insisting that they have not pulled out of the running to invest into the club.
A report at the weekend claimed that the group were no longer interested in buying into the club and fresh reports by both the local and national media yesterday re-itertated the incorrect claims.

KopTalk however advised you that the reports were inaccurate and that L4 remained on course with their plans.

Speaking from his London office, Mike Jefferies of L4 said: "For the record, we, L4 Group, have not 'abandoned' anything. We are still totally committed to trying to help reposition LFC, and we hope to make some significant progress progress in our quest over the next couple of weeks."

L4 was formed by Liverpool fans Mike Jefferies and Stuard Ford. They also have on board Reds legend Kenny Dalglish and other key individuals and organisations who all want to see the club's winning metality returned to the board room.

from a LiverpoolFC newsgroup
__
Redrider
LFC Super Member

Postby Matt D » Wed Jan 26, 2005 10:07 am

you friggin numpty leon
Matt D

Postby Big Niall » Wed Jan 26, 2005 11:48 am

Souness had record buys (Saunders) so did Evans (Collymore) and GH spent £100m. Rafa has already spent a lot.

LFC have spent loads of money on players but spent it badly - Senegal anyone?
Big Niall
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 116-1105728556 » Wed Jan 26, 2005 1:10 pm

The Ace1983

Great post and I've taken on board yer comments and a lot of it I agree with on the pitch is the other issues which remain of concern.
116-1105728556

Postby 116-1105728556 » Wed Jan 26, 2005 1:14 pm

John Barnes' Granny

I think the alleged similar stories are nowhere near the same, so a hint of paranoia setting in me thinks. As for the fact that you would spend the time searching for it well its mind blowing and an honour to have you spend the time on it, but then Leon seems to have enjoyed it which says it all.

Notice an absence of comment on its content but I can live with that, no you Leon as it will only be abusive.

Don't tell anyone yer've beeen talkin to a turd :D
116-1105728556

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion