Thanx arsenal, blackburn and others. - Hillsborough

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Reg » Mon Apr 13, 2009 12:57 pm

If Mr Brown feels so strongly then why doesnt he reopen the investigation and admit there were failings by the police and authorities.

They´ll wait another 20 years for the guilty people to retire or pass away, but eventually thats what they´ll do.
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby NANNY RED » Mon Apr 13, 2009 1:45 pm

Ciggy wrote:When quizzed in the interview to be shown later tonight on whether he thought there was a still a legal route open to the families in their continued search for justice or whether even an apology would go some way to help ease the pain and suffering of those who lost loved ones that day, the Prime Minister refused to be drawn, preferring instead to repeat his praise for the fans and the families who've acted in such a dignified way over the past 20 years.

"I feel that the best thing that we can do," claimed Mr Brown, "is say that the memories of these fans who died will always be in our minds, that the country understands the difficulties that people have gone through and that there is huge public support and affection for the families that have had to suffer so much. Let's never forget the fans that cruelly lost their lives on a day when we know the people of Liverpool were trying, if they were in that ground, to help each other and that's the spirit of Liverpool."

You can watch the full interview with Gordon Brown on LFC TV's 'This is Anfield' show at 9pm - Sky Channel 434, Virgin Media Channel 544 and online on www.liverpoolfc.tv.

http://www.liverpoolfc.tv/news/drilldown/N163989090413-1024.htm

Joke of a man. im afraid.

Words not good enough its justice we want an only he can provide that with opening a new enquiry, So keep your political nonsence to yourself Mr Brown an do something positive for once.

Ive got to say im stuggling today as the Anniversary is getting closer. Im one of Thousands who find it hard to talk about, I have witnessed first hand two disasters in my love for this club. an its hard so hard. But my pain is nothing compared to what the families of our 96 angels are going though at this time of year. And you are in my thoughts. Not just this week but every day of the year. God bless yous
HE WHO BETRAYS WILL ALWAYS WALK ALONE
NANNY RED
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Sarge » Tue Apr 14, 2009 1:43 am

YWNA....RIP 96 fallen heroes :down:
http://www.pbh2.com/humor/soccer-dive-gifs/attachment/soccer-dive-gifs-2/
Sarge

Postby Lando_Griffin » Tue Apr 14, 2009 2:33 am

NANNY RED wrote:
Ciggy wrote:When quizzed in the interview to be shown later tonight on whether he thought there was a still a legal route open to the families in their continued search for justice or whether even an apology would go some way to help ease the pain and suffering of those who lost loved ones that day, the Prime Minister refused to be drawn, preferring instead to repeat his praise for the fans and the families who've acted in such a dignified way over the past 20 years.

"I feel that the best thing that we can do," claimed Mr Brown, "is say that the memories of these fans who died will always be in our minds, that the country understands the difficulties that people have gone through and that there is huge public support and affection for the families that have had to suffer so much. Let's never forget the fans that cruelly lost their lives on a day when we know the people of Liverpool were trying, if they were in that ground, to help each other and that's the spirit of Liverpool."

You can watch the full interview with Gordon Brown on LFC TV's 'This is Anfield' show at 9pm - Sky Channel 434, Virgin Media Channel 544 and online on www.liverpoolfc.tv.

Words not good enough its justice we want an only he can provide that with opening a new enquiry, So keep your political nonsence to yourself Mr Brown an do something positive for once.

Ive got to say im stuggling today as the Anniversary is getting closer. Im one of Thousands who find it hard to talk about, I have witnessed first hand two disasters in my love for this club. an its hard so hard. But my pain is nothing compared to what the families of our 96 angels are going though at this time of year. And you are in my thoughts. Not just this week but every day of the year. God bless yous

That bog-eyed tw*t is only after votes in the election.

No other reason for him to get involved - to my knowledge he's never shown an interest before. :no

Anyway, this isn't about him, it's about the 96. It's about the extraordinary actions of some ordinary people who will forever be legendary in my eyes. The fans who tried to help friends and strangers demonstrates everything that is good about Liverpool Football Club, and no matter what, it shows that this club has the best supporters in the World.
Without the courage and humanity of these people, "96" would have been the tip of the ice burg.

To the 96, and the countless heroes on that day:

:bowdown  :bowdown  :bowdown  :bowdown

Rafa Benitez - An unfinished Legend.
Lando_Griffin
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby LegBarnes » Tue Apr 14, 2009 4:09 am

Lando_Griffin wrote:
NANNY RED wrote:

That bog-eyed tw*t is only after votes in the election.

No other reason for him to get involved - to my knowledge he's never shown an interest before. :no

Anyway, this isn't about him, it's about the 96. It's about the extraordinary actions of some ordinary people who will forever be legendary in my eyes. The fans who tried to help friends and strangers demonstrates everything that is good about Liverpool Football Club, and no matter what, it shows that this club has the best supporters in the World.
Without the courage and humanity of these people, "96" would have been the tip of the ice burg.

To the 96, and the countless heroes on that day:

:bowdown  :bowdown  :bowdown  :bowdown

Thats a good point lando many forget the efforts of the people that helped those in need who didn't panic and was brave and to me they are heros.

I know its about the sad loss of 96 faithful fans but we should remember it for the deeds of what was also done on that day.

Problem is with all the nazi press on it people hardly know what happened I meen out side the club.
Last edited by LegBarnes on Tue Apr 14, 2009 4:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
LegBarnes
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Judge » Tue Apr 14, 2009 9:34 am

:sniffle
Judge
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby NANNY RED » Tue Apr 14, 2009 10:09 am

I was driving near Leyton Orients ground last night an just before you get there we passed Hackney Marshes. right across the changing room wall on the outside someone had painted Justice for the 96. Nice one whoever done it.

An Eff i know how your mates feel lad about not talking about it ,same here mate :(
HE WHO BETRAYS WILL ALWAYS WALK ALONE
NANNY RED
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby GYBS » Tue Apr 14, 2009 1:31 pm

Was watching Inside Sport last night and they mentioned Hillsboro at the end and showed Hansen and Aldo chatting about it both with tears in their eyes . Also had two surviors there giving a quick account of what happened . John Parrot was in the studio and he said it always brings tears to his eyes and a lump in his throat .
GYBS
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby GYBS » Tue Apr 14, 2009 1:32 pm

It was a run-of-the-mill conversation with a friend in a pub. The kind of conversation you might have any night of the week - the kind that might change your life.

I had just bought my ticket for the 1989 FA Cup semi-final, a ticket for the Leppings Lane end. I had been to Hillsborough enough times to know that the view from this sunken terrace was of railings and boots almost at eye-level.

My friend Tony, a Manchester United fan, sympathised over a pint and told me that he had found a way to the open segment of terracing over the corner flag. "Less atmosphere, but if you want to actually get a decent view of the game it might be worth checking out. Just get through the turnstile and head left."

At about two o'clock on 15 April, I made my way into Hillsborough and was confronted by the low-ceilinged tunnel that led to the central terracing behind the goal - already looking full.

I headed left.

This Saturday, Football Focus will be live at both Anfield and Hillsborough to mark the 20th anniversary of the disaster at Sheffield Wednesday's ground - a disaster which claimed 96 lives and which changed British football forever.

As part of the programme, I was asked to return to Hillsborough to retrace my steps that day. I had some misgivings about taking part. Firstly, I felt my story was insignificant compared to that of so many others - I'd been safe throughout and didn't know anyone who died. Secondly, although I had been back to Hillsborough as a commentator, I hadn't stood on the Leppings Lane in the 20 years that have passed. I expected it to be difficult. It was.

The turnstiles are still there, the tunnel is still there. Everything about the place resonates, everything so familiar. Just being there induced a feeling of nausea in the pit of my stomach.

For the purposes of the camera, I went through the turnstile and was confronted by that low ceilinged tunnel - empty. Again I headed left for the terracing that had been my vantage point on that awful afternoon.

For 96 people who paused at the tunnel and headed straight on, there would be no chance of safety. No chance to step away from the seemingly trivial decision they had just made. No way to escape from the cage behind the Hillsborough goal.

I was 21 in April 1989 - older than many of those who died. In the 20 years since, I have been blessed with a happy marriage, three children and a fulfilling career. What might the 96 have done in that time? What love affairs have never been, what friendships never forged, what children never conceived?

The game has changed, and some say not completely for the better. But if you are lucky enough to be able to take your children to a match and sit in safety; to be treated with respect by those who police our grounds and to get home again without being crushed or scared, give those 96 a thought.

Honour, for a moment, those whose deaths made it happen.
GYBS
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby GYBS » Tue Apr 14, 2009 1:32 pm

CELTIC'S TRIBUTE TO THE 96

Ahead of Wednesday's 20th anniversary of the Hillsborough Disaster Celtic chairman, John Reid, has written to Liverpool Chief Executive Rick Parry, to pass on the thoughts and prayers of everyone at the Glasgow club. Here is the letter.

Dear Rick,

Even 20 years later, the tragedy Liverpool Football Club and your supporters suffered at Hillsborough on 15 April 1989 is, I am sure, still very painful and difficult to comprehend.

The events that day changed domestic football forever and it is very regrettable that such a disaster was the catalyst for the safety we now take for granted in stadia up and down the country.

Throughout all that time your club conducted itself with great dignity and I know that several members of your staff at that time attended each of the 96 funerals. That must have been unbelievably distressing and those involved can only be commended.

I recall with both pride and sadness that Celtic hosted a benefit game in what was to be Liverpool's very first match following that fateful cup tie and that strengthened what were already very strong bonds between our two clubs.

Our thoughts and prayers are with you, the team and the wider Liverpool FC family as you approach this anniversary.

With very best wishes to you all,
Yours sincerely

Dr John Reid, Chairman, Celtic Football Club.
GYBS
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ciggy » Tue Apr 14, 2009 1:42 pm

the forum should be closed down for a while from  3 o'clock  tommorrow.
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Fowler_E7 » Tue Apr 14, 2009 3:27 pm

NANNY RED wrote:I was driving near Leyton Orients ground last night an just before you get there we passed Hackney Marshes. right across the changing room wall on the outside someone had painted Justice for the 96. Nice one whoever done it.

An Eff i know how your mates feel lad about not talking about it ,same here mate :(

I play at the Marshes on Sundays, and i also saw the graffiti on the East Marsh changing room  :)
Fowler_E7
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ciggy » Wed Apr 15, 2009 12:38 pm

Last edited by Ciggy on Wed Apr 15, 2009 12:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Reg » Wed Apr 15, 2009 1:05 pm

I´m choking here, its very difficult not to well up. 20 years, feels like yesterday.

RIP 96 loved ones, forever Red.
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby GYBS » Wed Apr 15, 2009 1:11 pm

20 years on still feel as numb as i felt that day , words will never be able to express the full feelings .

YNWA RIP 96
GYBS
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion