Stewarding at Anfield

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Sun Mar 18, 2018 8:27 pm

This is mainly for the lads that go the game but anyone is free to provide comment ,its just the adherence to stop fans standing is now getting to ridiculous extremes ,yesterday we had stewards highlighting this issue to the extent they had the match bizzies standing directly in front of us watching us for the entire second half, I mean is this going to be the case in our game against City ? How are we supposed to create the kind of atmosphere that will intimidate our opponents if we're constantly monitored to ensure we remain in our respective seats by police ? For me,not being allowed to celebrate the goals in our usual fashion seriously took the gloss of the lads excellent performance and the policing has gradually been getting worse which is a valid pointer to the muted atmospheres we've been experiencing lately.
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby woof woof ! » Tue Mar 20, 2018 10:15 am

RED BEERGOGGLES » Sun Mar 18, 2018 7:27 pm wrote:This is mainly for the lads that go the game but anyone is free to provide comment ,its just the adherence to stop fans standing is now getting to ridiculous extremes ,yesterday we had stewards highlighting this issue to the extent they had the match bizzies standing directly in front of us watching us for the entire second half, I mean is this going to be the case in our game against City ? How are we supposed to create the kind of atmosphere that will intimidate our opponents if we're constantly monitored to ensure we remain in our respective seats by police ? For me,not being allowed to celebrate the goals in our usual fashion seriously took the gloss of the lads excellent performance and the policing has gradually been getting worse which is a valid pointer to the muted atmospheres we've been experiencing lately.

Been a while since I got up to Liverpool for a game  :(  .

I know you're a regular Red, I'm wondering whats the reaction from the Stewards and Bizzies when (for example) everybody in the Kop rises as one to celebrate ?

Do they just target a couple of individuals ?

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby Reg » Tue Mar 20, 2018 10:28 am

Last time I went a fella was led out of the stands by the bizzies for swearing. Of course the crowd is over policed compared to in the past but I guess the FA would say with a global audience you can't have some scouser yelling at full volume calling Henderson a w@nker.

I remember some crackin' scuffles in the Annie Road back in the early 80's, all off camera because only the 2 or 3 MOTD games were televised. Ten-twenty lads knocking 7 bells out of each other and 3 coppers would wade in and beat the sh!te out of all of 'em!  :laugh:

The bizzies would walk down the front of the kop looking for their favourite hard cases and threaten to put them in emergency if they even bat an eyelid. The good old days when men were men and people pi$$ed down rolled newspapers.
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Klopptomaniac » Tue Mar 20, 2018 1:37 pm

I noticed this at the time (I was sat practically on the kops knee) and it drew a lot of attention to the point people weren't watching the game. Hope it doesn't become a regular thing. Was in the kop v Chelsea and it's the best experience I've had
Klopptomaniac
LFC Advanced Member

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Wed Mar 21, 2018 7:58 pm

woof woof ! » Tue Mar 20, 2018 9:15 am wrote:
RED BEERGOGGLES » Sun Mar 18, 2018 7:27 pm wrote:This is mainly for the lads that go the game but anyone is free to provide comment ,its just the adherence to stop fans standing is now getting to ridiculous extremes ,yesterday we had stewards highlighting this issue to the extent they had the match bizzies standing directly in front of us watching us for the entire second half, I mean is this going to be the case in our game against City ? How are we supposed to create the kind of atmosphere that will intimidate our opponents if we're constantly monitored to ensure we remain in our respective seats by police ? For me,not being allowed to celebrate the goals in our usual fashion seriously took the gloss of the lads excellent performance and the policing has gradually been getting worse which is a valid pointer to the muted atmospheres we've been experiencing lately.

Been a while since I got up to Liverpool for a game  :(  .

I know you're a regular Red, I'm wondering whats the reaction from the Stewards and Bizzies when (for example) everybody in the Kop rises as one to celebrate ?

Do they just target a couple of individuals ?

They do mate its usually anyone whose in their eye line and to be truthful the threat of being ejected from Anfield is on everyone's mind so its acting as a real deterrent and its  gradually getting worse every week.

Its been happening in fits and starts since 2017 ,but its now a real objective for the stewards and police to prevent any standing. Its destroying atmospheres up and down the country and there are only a few grounds I've traveled to that are less zealous in their approach.

https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/liverpool-launch-review-after-fan-14437193
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion