STEFAN BAJCETIC OFFICIAL THREAD

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Eagle » Fri Jan 27, 2023 1:23 pm

Great to get him tied down to a long-term contract. Tough ask for an 18 year old to play DM at the best of times but especially when the rest of the midfield is struggling. He's performed admirably. Doesn't have the endurance yet to perform strongly over 90 minutes and is still filling out physically, but he's showed loads of potential. Interesting to see how he develops over the next few months and then pre-season.

Stefan Bajcetic has signed a new long-term contract with Liverpool FC

The 18-year-old committed his future to the club by penning the deal at the AXA Training Centre on Thursday afternoon.

He told Liverpoolfc.com: “Obviously I’m so, so happy, so excited to keep playing for this club and hopefully I can play more years together. Me and my family are very proud to sign a new contract with this club.

“It feels amazing. It's something I've been dreaming of in these two years I've been here and something that I've been working hard [for] as well.”

Bajcetic arrived at the Reds from Celta Vigo in December 2020 as he went on to represent the U18 and U21 sides in the Academy set-up.

Having been part of the first team's pre-season ahead of the 2022-23 campaign, the Spain youth international was then handed competitive opportunities by Jürgen Klopp.

He made his senior debut shortly before his 18th birthday when he came off the bench in the 9-0 Premier League victory over AFC Bournemouth at Anfield.

A first start then arrived in November in the Carabao Cup tie against Derby County, before opening his goalscoring account with an incredibly composed finish at Aston Villa a month later.

In total, Bajcetic has made 10 first-team appearances so far this season – three of which have also been in the Champions League.

“It's crazy,” the No.43 continued. “A year ago I was playing U18s football and now I've started some games, made my debut and even scored a goal – that was something I never expected to happen this year.

“It's amazing to see how fast it went. But I keep working hard and hopefully [there are] more things to come.”

https://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/stefan ... verpool-fc
Eagle

Postby kazza » Fri Jan 27, 2023 4:53 pm

I think he definitely deserves a new contract and considering his age he really didn’t get flustered while playing, and as you say he will only get stronger as he fills out.
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby woof woof ! » Sat Jan 28, 2023 5:57 pm

No complaints here, maybe a bit early to give the kid his own thread ?

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby Eagle » Mon Jan 30, 2023 1:41 pm

woof woof ! » Sat Jan 28, 2023 4:57 pm wrote:No complaints here, maybe a bit early to give the kid his own thread ?

Started our last 3 games in a row with Henderson and Fabinho warming the bench. So I'd say he's worthy of his own thread?
Eagle

Postby redshade » Mon Jan 30, 2023 7:27 pm

Btw what are the requirements for a player to have his own thread lol..
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby damjan193 » Tue Jan 31, 2023 12:18 am

Less deserving players have had their own threads in the past :laugh:

The boy looks great so far, not an easy job being young and stepping in midfield while the team is in shambles and still do a decent job. In fact, yesterday our performance definitely went downhill when him and Elliot came off.
damjan193
LFC Super Member

Postby kazza » Tue Jan 31, 2023 12:48 pm

redshade » Mon Jan 30, 2023 6:27 pm wrote:Btw what are the requirements for a player to have his own thread lol..

Pretty much playing more minutes than Arthur, who has his own thread :cool:
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby woof woof ! » Tue Jan 31, 2023 2:19 pm

redshade » Mon Jan 30, 2023 7:27 pm wrote:Btw what are the requirements for a player to have his own thread lol..

:laugh: , There are non, it's all down to the footballing optimism of the thread starter  :D

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby crazyhorse » Sat Feb 18, 2023 12:44 pm

I have reserved judgement up to now, but this lad seems to be emerging into being the real deal.

He is composed, good passing and loves a tackle as well as being comfortable on the ball. I am seeing him demand the ball more as he grows in confidence and stature. Ibwould like to see more of him in a number 8 rather than holding in midfield.
THIS IS ANFIELD
crazyhorse
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 7_Kewell » Sun Feb 19, 2023 12:16 am

This lad is one of the few highlights this season and could help fix our midfield woes.

Hopefully he continues to develop.
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby woof woof ! » Sun Feb 19, 2023 12:12 pm

Did well again yesterday, it was his run up field with the ball that ultimately led to Gakpo's goal.

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby Eagle » Sun Feb 19, 2023 2:00 pm

woof woof ! » Sun Feb 19, 2023 11:12 am wrote:Did well again yesterday, it was his run up field with the ball that ultimately led to Gakpo's goal.

It's great to see midfielders willing to take the ball off the keeper/defenders, turn a man, and then drive forward to get a move going. Gini was great at it and so is Thiago. It's not really a feature of Fabinho and Henderson so it becomes a bit of an issue when they both play. Seen Bajcetic do it quite a bit which is great.
Eagle

Postby Eagle » Sun May 14, 2023 12:07 am

This boy is a real talent. We have to make sure he continues to get game time in the league next year so he can continue to develop and isn't relegated to just being a League Cup player.

Eagle

Postby kazza » Sun May 14, 2023 6:27 am

I agree, I think he is one of the bright spots in a not so bright season. Didn’t tear it up but showed a maturity beyond his years and hopefully hope moving forward.
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion