SIMON MIGNOLET- Official thread

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Wed Feb 17, 2016 6:03 pm

Foster is who I'd go for, he's a big imposing presence but athletic with it. He's played in the CL with Celtic (against the likes Barcelona and AC Milan) so he's got plenty of big game experience, plus if you can play in front of 60,000 at Parkhead in Old Firm games then you can pretty much handle anything.
Signing him would be my number 1 priority this summer.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby thesazm » Wed Feb 17, 2016 8:28 pm

Simon is about to be backup next season to a German keeper. Lad needs to sort his ***** out. He's on about 70k per save.
thesazm
LFC newBie

Postby mightyhugo » Thu Feb 18, 2016 5:14 am

SM is a gift that keeps on giving.  :bowdown  :bowdown  :bowdown

And he just got his 5-year contract.

Liverpool Football Club everyone.
mightyhugo
LFC newBie

Postby alxy » Fri Feb 19, 2016 1:07 am

Miggy has made some good saves, yes. But then just about every keeper has. The problem with him is he could go on to make a brilliant save, only to drop a clanger the next second. Just like last night against Augsburg, he made a decent save from a 1v1 situation, but then the very next move almost spilled a routine cross into the path of the striker.

Also, the thing about a keeper is not just making saves, it's about giving confidence to your back four. And sad to say, Miggy doesn't do that. The other top keepers all do that. And that makes a whole world of difference when the back four has complete confidence in the keeper. It allows them to just concentrate on their game. But I think the nervousness we feel when it comes to set pieces is due to them not being totally sure about Miggy, and that leads to mistakes when they try to compensate for him.

So yea, he seems a nice guy and all, and as someone else said, he will no doubt go on to be a very good keeper for a mid level team (like he was before we grabbed him), but he's simply not good enough to handle the pressures of being LFC keeper
alxy

Postby FBmaniac » Fri Feb 19, 2016 6:58 am

I agree with you mate. But I guess there is still a room for improvement.
FBmaniac
LFC Basic Member

Postby clydemark » Fri Feb 19, 2016 4:26 pm

Getting better, work on positional play and get a new centre back, you'll be fine Simon. Ynwa.
Kolo done well, rest of the team seemed a bit out of sorts. Good luck next week. C'mon red men
clydemark
LFC Basic Member

Postby clydemark » Fri Feb 19, 2016 4:52 pm

Kenny Kan » Tue Jun 25, 2013 10:49 pm wrote:

What do you make of him John? (as a keeper) can't say I've seen him (I only watch 'Pool).

AGREED!
clydemark
LFC Basic Member

Postby anthony31 » Mon Feb 22, 2016 10:43 am

There really is still a room for improvement. Though he is already showing good performance. Let's let him practice and improve his skills. Maybe in the future he can show us a much better SIMON than what we see now.
anthony31
LFC Basic Member

Postby aCe' » Tue Feb 23, 2016 6:38 am

anthony31 » Mon Feb 22, 2016 1:43 pm wrote:There really is still a room for improvement. Though he is already showing good performance. Let's let him practice and improve his skills. Maybe in the future he can show us a much better SIMON than what we see now.

:oh:

:Oo:

:wwww
aCe'
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby C-R » Tue Mar 01, 2016 2:15 pm

Klopp on Mignolet: "I'm not sure if it was a mistake but it was not perfect. I can say nothing negative about him. He's a good boy."

Is JK just being professional and polite ? OR Does this translate as when summer gets here your getting replaced son !
C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Klopptomaniac » Tue Mar 01, 2016 2:19 pm

He's as good as gone. He's dropped his @rse enough this season never mind in a cup final. Don't get me wrong, credit where it's due, he made amends for it after but it took that mistake first for him to play like that. New keeper in the summer or we'll be watching the same unstable backline next season, regardless of the personnel that make it up
Klopptomaniac
LFC Advanced Member

Postby johnbarnes » Tue Mar 01, 2016 2:48 pm

C-R » Tue Mar 01, 2016 2:15 pm wrote:Klopp on Mignolet: "I'm not sure if it was a mistake but it was not perfect. I can say nothing negative about him. He's a good boy."

Is JK just being professional and polite ? OR Does this translate as when summer gets here your getting replaced son !

No manager is going to slate their no.1 goalie with the transfer market the way it currently is.
JK will maintain how important SM is and the qualities he possesses because he knows their is a value on his head which needs to be upheld.

JK will recruit a new goalie come summer without doubt  :buttrock
johnbarnes
LFC Super Member

Postby UvS xR4GEx » Tue Mar 01, 2016 3:54 pm

I've supported Mignolet and always cheered him on.. but I've completely lost confidence in him. He made some unbelievable saves in the final, but the goal we conceeded was so cheap and all Mings fault. The amount of individual errors he makes is worrying.. I wish him well in whatever happens but we need to upgrade.
UvS xR4GEx
LFC Guru Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Tue Mar 01, 2016 4:18 pm

All keepers make mistakes but Mingolet consistently makes them, that's the difference.
He's been at the club 3 years now and here we are discussing the exact same goalkeeping issue's that we were 3 years ago.
Im not saying get rid of him, he'll make a decent back up and who knows he may well even come good at some stage but the bottom line is that we can't afford to wait around any longer, 3 years is long enough, he needs serious competition for his shirt.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby JC_81 » Tue Mar 01, 2016 4:55 pm

Agreed.

We have to sign a proper keeper this summer. Tell Mignolet it's 'competition' and sit him on the bench. If he wants to leave he can go on our terms at the right price.

Mignolet isn't improving. He'll never shake the anxiety around him here and it transmits to his performances. He'll go on and be decent elsewhere at a club with less spotlight on then.
JC_81
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion