SIMON MIGNOLET- Official thread

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby metalhead » Sat Jan 18, 2014 7:32 pm

Another error from Mignolet! shocking decision making to go for the ball and completely missed it
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 7_Kewell » Sat Jan 18, 2014 8:31 pm

he didn't make many saves today, and shouldn't have f**ked up that second goal.

Come back Pepe, all is forgiven...
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby JC_81 » Sat Jan 18, 2014 8:39 pm

Starting to genuinely worry about Mignolet. A good start turned into a blip and he's consistently poor. Needs to step it up or he'll find himself sold in the summer.
JC_81
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sun Jan 19, 2014 2:37 pm

JC_81 » Sat Jan 18, 2014 7:39 pm wrote:Starting to genuinely worry about Mignolet. A good start turned into a blip and he's consistently poor. Needs to step it up or he'll find himself sold in the summer.

He's deffo going through bad patch - negredo's shot against city, the eto'o one against Chelsea (that ones debatable though), Walters weak effort against Stoke and now that one yesterday, that's 3/4 clangers in our last 5 games!
The way our defence is playing the last thing we need is our keeper falling to pieces as well.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby Stu the Red » Sun Jan 19, 2014 10:54 pm

Where are all these f*cking bellends telling us how bad Reina was and how much better Mingolet is now?

As I said earlier in the season, decent goalkeeper, nothing more.

Not a patch on Pepe.
Stu the Red
LFC Guru Member

Postby Red Focus » Mon Jan 20, 2014 4:52 pm

Migs made a flying start in his Anfield career with the penalty save in the first match. But since the Man City game till now, he had been letting in goals which a better keeper would have avoided. IMO he has dropped to Reina's standard. If he continues like this till end of season, Brendan must get a better replacement.
Red Focus
LFC Member

Postby Stu the Red » Mon Jan 20, 2014 6:39 pm

Red Focus » Mon Jan 20, 2014 4:52 pm wrote:Migs made a flying start in his Anfield career with the penalty save in the first match. But since the Man City game till now, he had been letting in goals which a better keeper would have avoided. IMO he has dropped to Reina's standard. If he continues like this till end of season, Brendan must get a better replacement.

:laugh:  :laugh:  :laugh:

Idiot!
Stu the Red
LFC Guru Member

Postby Stu the Red » Mon Feb 17, 2014 4:58 pm

Almost a month since the last post in this thread and to be quite honest I'm very suprised. I think the keeper has been truely awful these last two months and its highlighting just how good a keeper Pepe was. Even at his worst he had better seasons than Mignolet has had this season.
Stu the Red
LFC Guru Member

Postby devaney » Mon Feb 17, 2014 8:43 pm

Stu - If we qualify for the CL what do you think the chances are of Liverpool negotiating a new contract with Pepe, even if his wages are a tad on the high side, and bringing him back in for next season. Either that or go for Bergovic. Not sure Mign is the long term answer.
Net Spend Over The Last 5 Years (10 years
are in brackets)
LFC £255m (£467m)
Everton £38m (£287m)
Arsenal £645m6 (£925m)
Spurs £510m (£541m)
Chelsea £788m (£1007m)
Man City £307m (£1012m)
Man United £702m (£1249m)
devaney
LFC Super Member

Postby red till i die!! » Mon Feb 17, 2014 11:43 pm

if we do make the cl then pepe should be brought back. his wages shouldnt be a problem with the extra revenue and it will probably work out cheaper than signing an alternative.  he will have a year left on his current contract so we can either offer him a new one or wind it down.
mingy got off to a fantastic start but there is no competition for him to keep him on his toes. imo him being an understudy to pepe for a season or 2 wouldnt have been the end of the world and im sure mingy would be the better for it in the long run.
cant see rodgers doing it though
@ devaney. i wouldnt think it would be acceptable for rodgers to spend that kind of money on begovic a season after buying mingy. he'd basically be admitting he spent big on the wrong man.
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby metalhead » Mon Feb 17, 2014 11:52 pm

I echo Stu's sentiments and I think we are better off getting a better GK
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Stu the Red » Tue Feb 18, 2014 12:16 am

red till i die!! » Mon Feb 17, 2014 11:43 pm wrote:if we do make the cl then pepe should be brought back. his wages shouldnt be a problem with the extra revenue and it will probably work out cheaper than signing an alternative.  he will have a year left on his current contract so we can either offer him a new one or wind it down.
mingy got off to a fantastic start but there is no competition for him to keep him on his toes. imo him being an understudy to pepe for a season or 2 wouldnt have been the end of the world and im sure mingy would be the better for it in the long run.
@ devaney. i wouldnt think it would be acceptable for rodgers to spend that kind of money on begovic a season after buying mingy. he'd basically be admitting he spent big on the wrong man.

Nothing wrong with admitting you made a mistake and correcting it. Its not football manager where you can see players actually attributes as a number, sometimes an error in judgement is made, its how its dealt with though.

If we could get Begovic then Reina can do whatever he likes. However, it would be a cheaper option for us to keep Pepe. Even if he leaves on a free he was signed for a rather small fee and has provided us with excellent service over the years. Personally, I'd take him back in a heart beat.

Reina's regarded as one of the best keepers in europe for a reason and if we can sort out the mess in front of him he will without a doubt be back to his brilliant best.
Stu the Red
LFC Guru Member

Postby red till i die!! » Tue Feb 18, 2014 12:40 am

Stu the Red » Tue Feb 18, 2014 12:16 am wrote:
red till i die!! » Mon Feb 17, 2014 11:43 pm wrote:if we do make the cl then pepe should be brought back. his wages shouldnt be a problem with the extra revenue and it will probably work out cheaper than signing an alternative.  he will have a year left on his current contract so we can either offer him a new one or wind it down.

Nothing wrong with admitting you made a mistake and correcting it. Its not football manager where you can see players actually attributes as a number, sometimes an error in judgement is made, its how its dealt with though.

If we could get Begovic then Reina can do whatever he likes. However, it would be a cheaper option for us to keep Pepe. Even if he leaves on a free he was signed for a rather small fee and has provided us with excellent service over the years. Personally, I'd take him back in a heart beat.

Reina's regarded as one of the best keepers in europe for a reason and if we can sort out the mess in front of him he will without a doubt be back to his brilliant best.

too many mistakes stu, we will always be building if we are signing players one season and having to rely on spending more to replace them the following one. begovic would at least cost the same or more than mingy and thats money that could be used on better areas like the defence. pepe is the best option for me.
im not even so sure they will have a right old splurge in the summer if we qualify for the CL so id prefer to spend that extra bit on the positions we need to fill.
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby damjan193 » Tue Feb 18, 2014 2:18 am

If Mignolet keeps this up, it will probably be best to bring Reina back so we could have some competition for the GK spot. Does Reina have anywhere else to go anyway? I mean, have there been any serious speculations about his future? He's only on loan after all.
damjan193
LFC Super Member

Postby Red Focus » Tue Feb 18, 2014 5:17 am

TBH, I was impressed by Brad Jones in the FA Cup. He can confidently catch the long crosses and is very calm and confident. Mignolet though made a flying start to his Anfield career has dipped in form recently and Jones could even be a better keeper than him right now.
Red Focus
LFC Member

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion