SIMON MIGNOLET- Official thread

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby bunglemark2 » Tue Jun 25, 2013 11:49 pm

Out of interest, what did the Filth pay for de Geebag?
http://s2.tinypic.com/30ldif7_th.jpg
See yooo, Judas. Yoo're gettin' on mah titz !
bunglemark2

Postby eds » Wed Jun 26, 2013 12:10 am

This is probably one of the smartest signings we have made in quiet a while.

Very good that the club is being pro-active and going ahead and acquiring a quality keeper good enough to be our 1st choice.

We can't be at Barcelona's whim when they come calling for Pepe.

Welcome Simon.  :buttrock
"LIVERPOOL: 6 European Cups, 19 Domestic Titles, 3 UEFA Cups, 8 FA Cups, 9 League Cups and 4 European Super Cups and 1 Club World Championship

All other English clubs pale into insignificance!"
eds

Postby damjan193 » Wed Jun 26, 2013 12:20 am

bunglemark2 » Tue Jun 25, 2013 11:49 pm wrote:Out of interest, what did the Filth pay for de Geebag?

Around 20m.
damjan193
LFC Super Member

Postby damjan193 » Wed Jun 26, 2013 12:23 am

Kenny Kan » Tue Jun 25, 2013 11:49 pm wrote:

What do you make of him John? (as a keeper) can't say I've seen him (I only watch 'Pool).

Try to recall on the game we played against Sunderland at the Stadium Of Light.
damjan193
LFC Super Member

Postby Kenny Kan » Wed Jun 26, 2013 12:41 am

damjan193 » Tue Jun 25, 2013 11:23 pm wrote:
Kenny Kan » Tue Jun 25, 2013 11:49 pm wrote:

What do you make of him John? (as a keeper) can't say I've seen him (I only watch 'Pool).

Try to recall on the game we played against Sunderland at the Stadium Of Light.

When Suarez scored from that nion impossible angle.  :Oo:
Champions of England 2020.

YNWA
Kenny Kan
LFC Super Member

Postby damjan193 » Wed Jun 26, 2013 12:48 am

No, I don't think so. It was 1-1 and that was mostly because of Mignolet, that's what I remember.
damjan193
LFC Super Member

Postby damjan193 » Wed Jun 26, 2013 12:55 am

Yeah, I found the goal you're talking about, but that was two seasons ago and I was talking about last season. Bad goal to concede nonetheless.
damjan193
LFC Super Member

Postby Octsky » Wed Jun 26, 2013 3:16 am

Benny The Noon » Tue Jun 25, 2013 9:53 pm wrote:If Pepe does go then its a sensible signing - good gk

But if Pepe doesn't go then its a lot of money to sit in the bench

valdes is 100% leaving after next season. will reina still be talking abt the love of LFC with an opening of a berth at barca?
will simon still be available once reina decided to abandon us?
Octsky
LFC Super Member

Postby Reg » Wed Jun 26, 2013 4:49 am

Its always a big moment when a club changes a long term keeper. I wish the new guy well but I don't think we should finance Barca's replacement for Valdes for 12 months whilst he sees out the last year of his contract so unfortunately Pepe has to leave in this window.
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Benny The Noon » Wed Jun 26, 2013 6:04 am

LFC2007 » Tue Jun 25, 2013 11:39 pm wrote:
Benny The Noon » Tue Jun 25, 2013 9:53 pm wrote:If Pepe does go then its a sensible signing - good gk

But if Pepe doesn't go then its a lot of money to sit in the bench

True, but if you can't be sure whether Reina's staying or going you have a decision to make. Do you let another club take Mignolet, wait it out, discover you've got bids for Reina and that he wants out and then sign a keeper? Then it's going to cost more because time's short and clubs know you're desperate for their keeper and they need a replacement themselves; and your first choice is already taken. It also depends on how good Mignolet is -- too good to miss out on now? -- and how much money there is to strengthen defence etc. I think all of that has to taken into account before you decide whether it's a wise signing or not.

Yeah can see the situation.

Or the club just want Pepe to go regardless and have got a replacement in already before offering him to clubs. It's like trying to make the same mistake they did with Carroll.

If Pepe doesn't go then we have either £10mil sat on the bench or 110 grand a week sat on the bench - great for competition - but not so great when we have some very pressing needs.

So far it's £25mil ish spent and I'm not sure if the first 11 is any better ? Add in the possible signings of Atsu and Illori and its £35mil spent on squad fillers.

Getting the stuff done early is good - getting players that aren't a priority seems wasting money at the moment.
Benny The Noon

Postby woof woof ! » Wed Jun 26, 2013 7:14 am

Benny The Noon » Wed Jun 26, 2013 6:04 am wrote:
So far it's £25mil ish spent and I'm not sure if the first 11 is any better ? Add in the possible signings of Atsu and Illori and its £35mil spent on squad fillers.

Getting the stuff done early is good - getting players that aren't a priority seems wasting money at the moment.

Think I agree, great getting stuff sorted early but so far all I see is we've added some depth to the squad, whether we've added any quality remains to be seen.

Seriously underwhelmed with our transfers so far, but on the bright side there's a long way to go in this window, we try to remain "happy clappy"  :)

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby JC_81 » Wed Jun 26, 2013 7:20 am

Kenny Kan » Tue Jun 25, 2013 10:49 pm wrote:

Looks decent I think, but can't claim to have watched a lot of him either.

The fee seems a lot to me for someone who's had one good season.

LFC will be a big step up but perhaps he has the character to handle it - have read O'Neil and DiCanio both praise his attitude.

Seems to back his own ability too from the quotes about the challenge he faces to be number one here. All good signs I think, but like you I wish I'd watched more of him do I'd have a better idea what we're getting!
JC_81
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby JC_81 » Wed Jun 26, 2013 7:22 am

LFC will be a big step up but perhaps he has the character to handle it - have read O'Neil and DiCanio both praise his attitude.

Seems to back his own ability too from the quotes about the challenge he faces to be number one here. All good signs I think, but like you I wish I'd watched more of him do I'd have a better idea what we're getting!
JC_81
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby JC_81 » Wed Jun 26, 2013 7:23 am

JC_81
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Benny The Noon » Wed Jun 26, 2013 7:31 am

woof woof ! » Wed Jun 26, 2013 7:14 am wrote:
Benny The Noon » Wed Jun 26, 2013 6:04 am wrote:

Think I agree, great getting stuff sorted early but so far all I see is we've added some depth to the squad, whether we've added any quality remains to be seen.

Seriously underwhelmed with our transfers so far, but on the bright side there's a long way to go in this window, we try to remain "happy clappy"  :)

If we get a couple of real quality players that boost the 1st 11 ( CB and DM ) plus the squad fillers then its a real positive window with a great chance to challenge for 4th. But if these are our only signings ( with Suarez staying ) then it's a very strange window with a good deal spend but not sure if anything has improved
Benny The Noon

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion