Serious question - Serious answers

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby stmichael » Tue Mar 30, 2004 5:15 pm

In all honesty - how do you invisage a turnaround in our fortunes? I know most people will say sack the manager or get rid of whoever. But is it as simple as that? Things have not gone well for a while and I think that even our best players have not done themselves or the club any favours. So how do we seriously address the slide? And how do we motivate a below par team - money isn't a motivator any more.

This is the 6million dollar question, that ultimately the board and management need to address. I think we've the nucleus of a DECENT team, not an outstanding one by any stretch, but certainly one that should achieve much more and play much better than the current one.
However we've also the nucleus of a garbage team, with players who will never be good enough. I'd hate to think what our wage bill is on players who contribute next to nowt.

Anyway, a big clear out is needed, about six players should go, but maybe only three quality players need to be brought in. However these need to be proven quality, with experience. None of these French nuggets with potential.

However the eventual team needs proper management in place that can motivate, and one that is brave enough to let good players play in their natural positions and play their natural game. No stifling of this with boring confusing tactics. I've never seen a Liverpool team so unmotivated and uninterested as our current lot. 

I dont see any way past sacking the manager. Honestly the players in the side ARE half decent. We all know about micheal owen. Harry kewell was the best left winger in the premier league two years ago, Bruno Cheyrou, El Diouf,Salif Diao, Igor Biscan and even Vladimer are good players at international level they are highly rated. I honestly feel it takes the right motivation to get a team to play its best, Look at Arsenal, even the average players look world class. We have to sack the manager and bring in sum1 who will motivate the team and get them playing at 100 %. Have you seen Smicer for the Chech republic or did you see diouf at the world cup. Motivation is the answer, thats why i want MON here.

If we were to avoid sacking the manager though we'd have to give him unlimited funds and take some huge risks, in hope Houllier can build the team he wants then he's only to blame. At a third point Liverpool have been going downhill for 15 years now and im surprised we even call ourselves title challengers anymore, the team really could do with the crowd singing at the top of thier voices every game, if that aint to much to ask.

it just seems to me that we are constantly asking more questions about this current side than getting any answers. thoughts please?
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion