Sean O'Driscoll

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Thu Oct 08, 2015 7:40 pm

red till i die!! » Thu Oct 08, 2015 6:29 pm wrote:
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Thu Oct 08, 2015 7:02 pm wrote:In a way you've got to feel sorry for the fella, he had a job within the national team set up coaching the England U19's then Brendan convinces him to come here and within weeks he's out on his ear.
I'm sure he'll get a decent pay off but even so it's hard to not have any sympathy for him.

I agree  :nod
He had to of known though that Rodgers was walking a tightrope and that it could snap. Still now that it has happened I would hope Rodgers has the decency to take him on when he takes his next job.

Yep, spot on mate
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby damjan193 » Thu Oct 08, 2015 7:43 pm

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Thu Oct 08, 2015 8:27 pm wrote:
damjan193 » Thu Oct 08, 2015 6:17 pm wrote:Why so much hate for this guy? Haven't even heard of him.

It's the modern way apparently.
As someone who has spent his working life in the construction industry (where you are basically casual labour) I have lost my job dozens of times over the years and tbh it never gets any easier, losing your job is a horrible feeling and I wouldn't wish it on anyone.

TBH don't care about anyone losing his job in this business. They always get a nice pay off, and even without that they make enough money for 2 lives in the duration of their contract, and his job description is kicking a ball full of air for 2-4 hours a day. So I can't really feel sorry for him, but was just wondering why so many people seem a bit hostile towards him.
damjan193
LFC Super Member

Postby redshade » Thu Oct 08, 2015 8:14 pm

Gary Mac has been given ambassador role.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby SkippyRed » Fri Oct 09, 2015 12:22 am

I do feel sorry for him but he just became a part of Brendans problem. It was a ***** appointment, everyone new it. Search twitter when he was announced and rumoured to be announced.

He will pick up a job as an assistant again, or get back in the national set up. Thanks for the efforts.
SkippyRed
LFC Advanced Member

Postby devaney » Fri Oct 09, 2015 6:42 am

Yakka I have every sympathy for your own personal plight but it is a vastly different situation.  I don't expect for one minute that you receive a contract that guarantees you a substantial pay off in the event that you are released from your employment. I have absolutely no sympathy whatsoever for any of these individuals. Allardyce has made it virtually a life's work  and as a result somehow became the 13th highest paid manager in the world when he was at West Ham! O'Driscoll  knew exactly what he was getting into and I am sure the contract he received would have reflected that element of risk. He will walk away with his pockets full and at his age it is very likely that he is not overly concerned about finding his next position.

As for Rogers doing the decent thing I think that somebody is living in cloud cuckoo land! He wasn't even prepared to do the decent thing when it came to paying his wife of over 20 years a maintenance allowance!

I think you're going soft lads! This is the football world and it is a very different one at the top level to what I think most of us will have experienced during our working lives. Personally I don't think I am being overly harsh. We have seen a zero improvement since the arrival of both O'Driscoll and Gary Mac. Neither of them ever offered the level of expertise required to perform in a coaching capacity at the very highest level and it has come as no shock whatsoever what we have witnessed on the pitch as a result. Liverpool football club was simply papering over the cracks  until they could make superior appointments. That hopefully has now happened.
Net Spend Over The Last 5 Years (10 years
are in brackets)
LFC £255m (£467m)
Everton £38m (£287m)
Arsenal £645m6 (£925m)
Spurs £510m (£541m)
Chelsea £788m (£1007m)
Man City £307m (£1012m)
Man United £702m (£1249m)
devaney
LFC Super Member

Postby Reg » Fri Oct 09, 2015 7:06 am

Their massive salaries offset job volatility. I would accept those terms.
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby alxy » Sat Oct 10, 2015 1:32 am

Don't think he should be too gutted because:
1. It wasn't him who got the the sack due to incompetence. It was BR, he was just collateral damage. So his reputation is still intact
2. It's the nature of the job. It's like a soldier going to war and not expecting to get hurt. He knew what he was going into, especially when BR had been on eggshells from the end of last season already

If there's any empathy, it's for the industry as a whole and not a particular person. This is a purely results-oriented business. Just about any manager (and his team) are always about 3-4 losses away from a sacking.
alxy

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion